Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Rugby league Reds are back, on war footing

vCash
    Good job laura

the guy on the field was Matt Fuller, who was in the original Western Reds...pretty sure he's their fitness and conditioning coach.
    the final score was 38-26, with the Reds coming from 26-10 down (i think)...with some superb ball work in the second half. The Sharks converted just one of their tries for the night, think it was the fifth one.
    David Peachey was playing for the Sharks, and received a few jeers from the crowd.
    The no. 18 for the reds was easily the crowd favourite...think lean muscle Maori with long plaits...he put an absolute killer fend on one of the Sharks guys, the crowd loved it
    they also held an auction at half time, there was a joey johns SOO jersey, a 2007 QLD SOO jersey and an Australian captains jersey. they wouldve made about 6 grand off that.
    Oh and for the blokes, the Jim Beam girls were there and you could have your photo with them

It was a great game and pretty sure we'll be heading back to watch them play some more

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan View Post
    I also know that next season the WA Rugby League are looking at combining Force and League memberships, would you be interested in paying a bit extra to get a Reds membership as well as a Force Membership?
    that is the most rediculous claim i ever heard, thats like saying ford is going to make HSVs then charge extra. the only co-operating between wa league and wa union will be to get a new rectangle somewhere,

vCash
    There was a group of about 10 kids & they only knew Peachy's name so the entire time they were yelling out to him.
    I saw the Reds no 18. too, quite popular when they called his name out at the beginning.

As much as I love Rugby and WA I dont think that I would head back to another league game in a hurry. I just doesn't entertain me the way Union does. I sit on the edge of my seat for the duration of Force games & dont look away or notice anything around me but during tonight's league game, I spent more time watching the Reds boys warm up in their dressing gowns & a bunch of 10 year old kids argueing. It just doesn't have the same attraction as Union does for me.

vCash
    Just got home from the game as well. The boys showed serious guts and determination to right their way back in the last 20 mins. Good stuff! Matty Fuller did a great job as water boy..i'm thinking he should take over from Gits for the Force.

Great games by 7 and 4 for us and as you guys have already said 18 was a crowd favourite.

Some complete moron behind me in a box wouldn't stfu about Peachy to the point where i turned around and threw a water bottle at his head....ffs...i hate people who yell out stupid and irrelevant comments which have no humour and frankly are blatantly wrong...though i probably should have noted that he was 3 times my size before throwing the bottle..

All up you're right, not as entertaining as union but to be honest i enjoyed watching them more tonight than the Force over the past two weeks. So i'll be back. They need all the support they can get.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    If we can get a better atmosphere going...more TWfers there, I would go again but sitting near a bunch of Maori blokes & 10 year old boys didn't really add to the atmosphere.

Where did you sit Jehna & Skiza?

vCash
    I"ll have to pencil in their next home game- when is it?

vCash
    4th of May at MES

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    4th of May at MES
    day/night after the chiefs game

vCash
    I was in block W9 i think? Pretty much smack bang on the 50m line...

i love the MES...i'd forgotten....i love being so close

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Thanks for the update gang. Crowd sounds a bit disappointing for a first game but was probably better than JB Cup attracts in the East. David Peachey would be about the same age as The Sheep. Maybe he should give up the water boy job and get the boots out of the cupboard.

vCash
    If we can get a better atmosphere going...more TWfers there, I would go again
    Can probably be arranged. We'll be going through Force withdrawal syndrome again in another three weeks. The JB Cup runs through until September.

Those Maoris love their League. And the Force.

vCash
    I'll be heading down next week, i'll wear my dragons jersey (even though we got done last night)

vCash

Where did you sit Jehna & Skiza?
    I sat on the 10m line, down the Sharks bench end, so probably near you as there were Maoris and kids near us too.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Those Maoris love their League. And the Force.
    Oh yea, i havent seen my Dad so passionate about watching any form of rugby in a good while...esp. considering the way the Force have played the last couple of home games. It brought back so many memories of being a little tacker and going to watch Dad play on the wknds...league's good in that its a lot more free flowing and hard hits, which according to Dad is why Maoris love it

vCash
    I sat on the try line at the end where the Sharks bench was...in the family seating area? I must have been right near you Skiza!

vCash
    Mustve been ...i had a yellow adidas jumper and blue adidas pants on (just could not be bothered haha). i was with my Dad and bro (who had new zealand adidas jumper on)...i think we were like four five rows back???

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast