12. Stanners
    13. Cross/Inman
    14. DHP
    15. JO'C

20. O'Young
    21. Harris (Hunt)
    22. Sare/Tatupu (Rapana)

Doubles relate to Crossy fitness.
    Though I would actually give him another week as I thought Inman was his equal comparing the two matches. Inman seems to be more instinctive with a better Union brain.

Have bracketed 21 & 22 as preference but won't happen.
    Would also like to see Swaenpoel or Turner given a bench run before they get chucked in the deep end by injury.

I like your back row there Burgs .

I watched both games on the tv and I can't understand why Tatupu at #12 has been quoted as 1 of our better players yes he did score a try... But his defence was really bad in the first game he got in the way of defenders who was about to tackle Valentine, and in both games he does the weak one handed "tap" on the opposition player very, very sloppy defence to tell you the truth I dont think Tatupu is up to starting super 14 standard. I'd put on the bench Harris to cover for #12 he looks to be a strong runner and that is his preferred position. I don't know how Stanners fitness is he may have got soft eating too much sushi

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big I View Post
    I like your back row there Burgs .

I watched both games on the tv and I can't understand why Tatupu at #12 has been quoted as 1 of our better players yes he did score a try... But his defence was really bad in the first game he got in the way of defenders who was about to tackle Valentine, and in both games he does the weak one handed "tap" on the opposition player very, very sloppy defence to tell you the truth I dont think Tatupu is up to starting super 14 standard. I'd put on the bench Harris to cover for #12 he looks to be a strong runner and that is his preferred position. I don't know how Stanners fitness is he may have got soft eating too much sushi
    He was OK when he did exactly the same thing coming over from London Irish....I reckon he'll be able to slot straight in as if he never left!

As for Josh...I think he's got lots of promise, but has been thrown into far too deep a pool.....He should get some bench runs, maybe starting against the right team, with more experienced heads around him.

I don't think it's so much his technique as his positioning, he seems to go OK when the front on tackle is required, but has made too many last ditch graps at a man that was clearly his. This will be helped with the likes of Hill coming in and telling him where to stand and who to watch....he'll warm to the task, but he's not going to set the world alight this week!

C'mon the

vCash
    Good news keeps on coming..kind of. The news showed Spanner training with the squad but they're still waiting on the ARU for official stuff. Hill hasn't been released from the Japanese club yet, or so the news man says.
    Cullet was back at training & RWA are amping up talks with Pocock about his contract seeings as though he was named on the Rebels hitlist.
    Roll on Saturday!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Have any of you even played rugby?

Or have you even seen an exciting game where the players are all in and WIN a game????

Because Harris... for one is sloppy and has not played well since starting with the force...

And as for oh yeah TATUPU did score a try..... I dont see any of the rest of them even getting close.... His a fantastic player.. strong and had great skill! If you put him on the bench... u may not even have scored a try yet??!! he scored the first try of the season for the force.. credit is due! oh and not to mention the one he set up for Chris O'YOUNG.....hmmmm and also made it to the line but there was no one there to help him get it across when he needed the TEAM support...

this team needs to PULL TOGETHER..... get a plan and stick to it....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ummm....Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beloveit View Post
    Have any of you even played rugby?

Or have you even seen an exciting game where the players are all in and WIN a game????

Because Harris... for one is sloppy and has not played well since starting with the force...

And as for oh yeah TATUPU did score a try..... I dont see any of the rest of them even getting close.... His a fantastic player.. strong and had great skill! If you put him on the bench... u may not even have scored a try yet??!! he scored the first try of the season for the force.. credit is due! oh and not to mention the one he set up for Chris O'YOUNG.....hmmmm and also made it to the line but there was no one there to help him get it across when he needed the TEAM support...

this team needs to PULL TOGETHER..... get a plan and stick to it....
    Hey, Beloveit, Josh is my guy (in a manly way) but don't dis the locals until you've been posting for while and seen the passion here. Generally well rounded well reasoned comments about the players and club they love.
    Take it ezy for a while, soak up the atmosphere before you bag the TWF.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    ...Josh is my guy (in a manly way)
    Its guy love! the love between two guys!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Its guy love! the love between two guys!
    Christ I've come across like a scoutmaster!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    dib dib dib

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    How do they do it at Manly???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    How do they do it at Manly???
    Hopoate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Hey, Beloveit, Josh is my guy (in a manly way) but don't dis the locals until you've been posting for while and seen the passion here. Generally well rounded well reasoned comments about the players and club they love.
    Take it ezy for a while, soak up the atmosphere before you bag the TWF.
    and I think even Woody would admit Josh's defence has been a bit dodgy in the first couple of games.

I like Tatupu, he's a good strong ball runner and has shown in a couple of games that he's got some silky smooth ball skills. He just needs to stop dropping off tackles......that one miss in a three on one situation isn't the only one he's dropped off this season, is it!

Josh (like Dane) will be a far better prospect coming off the bench at 60 against a tired side, amongst an experienced team....

Sometimes I wonder if the people who throw the 'have you ever played rugby' stone live in glass houses.....for the record, I've never played the game, I am open about that, nobody seems to question my understanding of the game, the culture, the laws or anything else that would be (IMHO) changed by me having played the game, generally they only argue with my opinions. It also seems that many forwards are more picky about whether you've actually played the game, choosing not to give much respect to anybody who hasn't......in fact it seems they give about the same amount of respect to backs, that's OK, I'm a weedy little bugger anyway!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Im the opposite gigs
    played for 35 years & still know bugger all

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Im the opposite gigs
    played for 35 years & still know bugger all
    Testify!

Hasta la vista Pam

Apprentice
    vCash
    TATUPU has missed one tackel...

whats with the dropping off tackels abuse... are you guys even qualified to make any of the judgements you are making? .

by the looks of it.. .nether is john mitchell... would love to see the force win a game...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast