Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallabies v South Africa - Live scores Durban 23/8/08

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    With the Springbok team it's only been this year so someone had better open a window. Can't imagine what the South African press is saying this morning. Can some of the South African members explain how important rugby in the republic and how fanatical the fans are.

It may get a small article in the back of the paper tomorrow and a 10 second run on the news over here but it will be very different over there. They do not accept anything less than winning and bloody good on them for it. I only wish Aus was as rugby mad as SA is. Wales is the same, NZ is the same and unless you've lived in either of these three countries you won't know how important rugby is to the people who live there, its the religion.

It would be the same here if GAYFL was non existent and every GAYFL and NRL supporter in the land was suddenly a Union fan. That is the only way to describe what it's like in some other countries. I will keep dreaming that it will be this way here one day. We would have an 80,000 seat stadium tomorrow.
    I know that Rugby is religion in South Africa, Wales and NZ, you don't have to live there to understand that. Unfortunately the government doesn't care about anything other then getting its policies in place, and the whole transformation thing to get "the population of south africa more adequetly represented" in the Springbok side is not going to be good for the game. On one side you have a government trying to instill its will on Rugby (their doing it to Cricket as well) and on the other side you have a huge supporter base that is desperate for victory. How long till the government says 80% of team must be coloured just to "adequetly represent the population"?
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i watched the replay again this morning, you can give credit to the wallabies for winning, but on the night, we won by sucking less than the boks!

the wallabies were bad, the springboks were horrible. that was not a good performance by any means! i agree that NZ would have murdered us if we through out that performance in a bledisloe match!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    to be honest i thought mitchell went missing tonight....
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    mitchell was just there! he didnt do anything special but didnt make as many mistakes as usual!
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    i thought drew was pretty good... made a couple of runs and defense was solid. im not sure about him compared to aac though.
    Mitchell played a AAC-esque game, not spectacular but solid, he showed a bit more on attack then AAC does, besides the Sydney game, so it will be interesting to see if AAC is rushed back into the side.

vCash
    i dont think you can judge drew on that! it was weird game.
    i dont hink the standard even ranks as test match quality, will be interesting to see what they do if AAC is fit, i aussume AAC would have retained the spot had he not got injured! but it might be worth giving mitchel the nod, one of them ont he bench at least!

vCash
    if drew had an aac-like game, but better, i dont see why robbie wouldnt put him back there. comparing drews first outing at 15 with aac's first outing at 15... well, drews would be first pick. i dont see why drew would be dropped after that performance. he might be moved around, but not put back on the bench.

jehna youre so right about lote! the butterfingers boy needs a wakeup call:
    drew-11
    hynes-14
    aac-15

lote- 22

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    drew would be dropped because AAC was first choice, they might bring AAC back through the bench though for tahu. but you cant say Drew did anything outstanding last night, he was solid but he didnt put his hand up for the job perminatly.

vCash
    he was better than one member of our back three..
    *cough* lote *cough*

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    i would hazen to guess that when you broke it down to statistics Lote would have made a bigger contribution than the other two even though he had a few bad touches! if he played for the force you guys would be praising the crap outta him as the second coming!

vCash
    No two ways about it WJ, Lote had an ordinary game last night, at best, hope it was an abberation.

vCash
    he had a bad game last night, but to call for him to e dropped is complete crap, he did alot of breakdown and hit up work to go with his butter fingers! remembering the drop ball (a couple which were very ordinary passes that didnt need to be thrown but he should have caught them anyway!) and nothing else is a bit rich!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i would hazen to guess that when you broke it down to statistics Lote would have made a bigger contribution than the other two even though he had a few bad touches! if he played for the force you guys would be praising the crap outta him as the second coming!
    Dotto if Sharpe was a tah...

Tell us something new

vCash
    wj im over s14 at the moment. i support australia. i love seeing western australian boys in green and gold, but i support all australians out there, regardless of who they play for during s14 season. and i try my hardest to moan/praise them as fairly as i can.
    if lote played for the force id be saying he was crap.
    because, to be honest, he was nothing special last night. the try redeemed him a little bit, but honestly, you cannot blame the throwers for every single time he dropped the ball. because it was NOT THEIR FAULT every single time he dropped the ball. it was lotes

vCash
    nah, Sharpe has been trading on reputation for a few years. he is capable of so much more! Lote usually has a limited impact on internationals cos he gets double marked, thats a good thing for the wallabies cos it creates space elsewhere, sharpe needs to get some fire back, hopefully being dropped will cause that to happen! angry sharpe is alot better than set piece consistant sharpe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    wj im over s14 at the moment. i support australia. i love seeing western australian boys out there, but i support all australians out there, regardless of who they play for during s14 season. and i try my hardest to moan/praise them as fairly as i can.
    if lote played for the force id be saying he was crap.
    because, to be honest, he was nothing special last night. the try redeemed him a little bit, but honestly, you cannot blame the throwers for every single time he dropped the ball. because it was NOT THEIR FAULT every single time he dropped the ball. it was lotes
    i didnt blame them for throwing the pass, read my post again! two of those balls were thrown when lote was standing on the sideline and marked though so he wouldnt have been going anywhere anyway! it was poor decision making to throw them, but lote still should have caught them (i just dont think it would have mattered if he did or not cos he was going into touch!)
    the whole game was full of poor decision making, our kicking game was horrid for the most part and the one out hit ups were terrible, at least we retained the ball but that was more to do with south africa not wanting it than us being good at the breakdown!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Did anyone notice the South African try that wasnt a try?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast