Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: HAVE YOUR SAY - CHEER LEADERS POLL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Yes. I own the second last pair ever sold But you're right Jono, if those super cool boxers are inappropriate then how the bloody hell can women walking around in NO western force clothing be considered right?
    sorry, i think you might have missed the point i was trying to make robyn. i was thinking along the lines of if rugbywa does employ cheerleaders for force home games. i think they will be restricted in what they are allowed to do.
    in doing so i think the 'typical' (as has been described in this and other threads) male supporter will be dissapointed because of the conditions that rugbywa will impose on any cheer squad they allow at home games. i think we should do a DLS and have a trial

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    sorry, i think you might have missed the point i was trying to make robyn. i was thinking along the lines of if rugbywa does employ cheerleaders for force home games. i think they will be restricted in what they are allowed to do.
    in doing so i think the 'typical' (as has been described in this and other threads) male supporter will be dissapointed because of the conditions that rugbywa will impose on any cheer squad they allow at home games. i think we should do a DLS and have a trial
    Ah.. I see. I daresay that you would be right, that they wouldn't be anything like the Bulls' girls. Then what would be the point of them? Is there a point of having them anyway? A DLS trial could work - again, I vote no.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    either way i dont care. halftime is for getting a chicken roll. or talking to members of TWF.

i still see a rugby game so i dont care if there is cheerleaders or not

vCash
    Surely the point is that cheerleaders are akin to the mexican wave and muddy's opinions - nothing to do with Rugby.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Cheerleaders Suck.

vCash
    Right on there Coach

vCash
    We don't need cheerleaders - its disappointing the Force is even considering this. I've got two daughters who come to the games. What sort of message does it send them?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Cheerleaders Suck.
    Now that is really sexist.....I'm pretty much sure not all of them do!

Just happy to be here

vCash

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    Cheerleaders Suck.
    Now that is really sexist.....I'm pretty much sure not all of them do!
    case closed your honor

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Seriously, I'm not really sure what all the hoohaa is about. The general assumption that all blokes who will be watching the cheerleaders are perverts is as stupid as the assumption that all the women that go on about Sheps hot bod and Drew's great ass are sluts. Come on and get a grip. All BS aside I seriously think that if the decision to have cheerleaders is taken then great. It's an opportunity for some young women to perform in front of a massive crowd, which they would surely not have had previously. The confidence that will build in them is fantastic. And, to suggest that these girls are not aware of their sexuality is ridiculous. Have you never met any young teenagers these days. Although personally I would prefer if it were young women. I'm not condoning sexual exploitation but if these girls/women want to dance in a "provocative manner" then so be it......have a look at the TV on a daily basis I can assure you you will see far worse and even on kids TV!

I truly do not believe that this is an issue people should get worked up about....maybe those that do should have a wee glance outside their small world and pick on something a little more worthwhile to get worked up about, or maybe that is not the point.

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

case closed your honor
    Ah your are wise beyond your years, the trap was so well disguised too.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    So whats the take-away from that? Becasue the rest of the world is saturated with the message that women are there for men's amusement that it doesn't matter if that comes to the rugby too?

Alot of people have taken time to our forward quite reasonable arguments about how the presence of cheerleaders at Force games would make them enjoy the experience less. If you can't see what all the "Hoo Haa" is about perhaps it's time to take off the "I hate femmo-nazi-pinko" glasses and read them properly- perhaps even just taking the time for Stejwill's comment, becasue demonstrably the opinion of the girls on the site doesn't rate with you (or prop53s, though I suspect that's just a "Mungos have cheerleaders" objection)

Last edited by Swee_82; 14-06-09 at 10:13.

vCash
    No its not a Mungos have cheerleaders objection but a general objection to cheerleaders to boot. As i stated i pay to watch the game not idiots jumping up around and in front to google at half dressed women who more then likely don not even know the game of RUGBY.So never presume something of what other people have wriiten please.

vCash
    i think that it might be better if there wasnt cheerleaders. there was no real issues with it before this poll. and not having cheerleaders wont drive people away.

but then again i think we can agree that this poll has been voted on by a large number of TWF members (i know ive voted). so the results could be the same as the TWF poll. are we really getting a fair result from the poll so far?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Crispie over at RWA is probably laughing his jocks off knowing what reaction a poll like that would get.

Good one Crispie

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast