Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eastern states bias

vCash
    Noone around us left the ground before the end...so I didn't see this exodus that reportedly took place - though it may have.

I do know, however, that more than half an hour after Sheps amazing kick there would still have been 20,000 people cheering and carrying on like we had won the final...

that in itself says something doesn't it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bloody oath it does, and I'm not saying otherwise. I was merely pointing out to someone the error in calling our supporters pathetic. Many of us are just like you, sticking around after the game, win or lose etc.

I've taken my 'discussion' with Woolfe into PM, so carry on as usual.

There's been at least 3 articles about Lote today alone....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It was no where near an exodus - by after the last canes try/conversion a few people did leave... It was that whole lose by one point thing and a the bad refereeing decision. You if you didn't see them walk out, you wouldn;t have noticed any reduction in crowd size. Chances are they didn't make it far before they heard Sheps try and probably came back in again!!

Now, back to the eastern states bias - watching Offsiders on ABC Sunday morning, noted match footage from all australian matches but the Force game....

and how's about we give no one an excuse to start a "Western State" bias thing, eh?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    An exodus took place a few weekends back in Canberra at half time believe it or not. Brumbies were trailing 19 zip and it was incredible seeing so many "supporters" leaving the ground. Sport is about the good times and the bad. That is why they invented alcolhol.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Uh huh, because there's so much else to do in Canberra I imagine...

vCash
    Well I didn't notice anyone leave but I did notice the whole stadium on there feet before the try and after it and I did see the ecstatic state after the conversion...

In fact it was pretty hard to get near the fence to congratulate the boys, so Im surprised to hear that many people left on Friday at all.

It doesn't matter what media you look at it's hard to get force news, you will get pleanty of Reds disaster stories, even more on the Wallabies, and after the Brumbies win I've heard more about there resurgence than I have about the Force's brilliant position on the ladder, or the Forces Players little news on Staniforth or Henjacks or Pockocks injurys really.

You'd imagine we'll beat the Reds at home (happily put my avatar up for that one) so we are heading into the business end of the S14 in the top 4 and no recognition and I doubt we'll get it. 3 years Mitchell said expect recognition then.

vCash
    I think I said this before, but the media is bizzare. The tahs would cop it so badly from the media. That is until we LOST the super 12 final (strange I know). Only then did things improve.

vCash
    What about all this western state bias, thats the real news item, other than that nothing interesting ever happens past Broken Hill.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    What about all this western state bias, thats the real news item, other than that nothing interesting ever happens past Broken Hill.
    Come on Chook you've been on tour with us, you know it can't be that bad over here

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Uh huh, because there's so much else to do in Canberra I imagine...
    Boring as batshit(sorry Evie)

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    Come on Chook you've been on tour with us, you know it can't be that bad over here
    I think you need to read my post again TIF, I didnt say which side.....

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    It was no where near an exodus - ........... Chances are they didn't make it far before they heard Sheps try and probably came back in again!!

Now, back to the eastern states bias -
    Just heard Yak on ABC radio with Russell Wolfe - looks like another bandwagon jumper there - he reckoned nobody left and in fact there were maybe more people came in from around Subi after the game when they heard all the noise.

He, like a couple of other players, mentioned that they feel like they still owe us for being so loyal to them. Well I for one wanna get that monkey right off their back as of now. The boys have given us plenty of good nights so far. I've never felt that they didn't put in. They still have not been belted by anybody. And I do'nt think too many other sides can make that claim.

As for eastern states bias, hows this little gem from Grumbling Greg Growden?

" It is generally accepted NSW supporters are the most loyal of the four Australian teams, possessing a near masochistic streak to back up week-in week-out "

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta

As for eastern states bias, hows this little gem from Grumbling Greg Growden?

" It is generally accepted NSW supporters are the most loyal of the four Australian teams, possessing a near masochistic streak to back up week-in week-out "
    Yeah....right......can we get a "Shut up Growden" icon happening????

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea
    Boring as batshit(sorry Evie)
    you can go to the War Museum and turn around and see Parliament House .. outside of that .. umm.. there's drinking ?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    You had me at drinking...

As a generalisation it's not true. But I'd like to see someone on here question my loyalty to my team, or many others.

We've been through a lot more tough times. Anyone who still rocks up week in and week out and can prove they've been a fan from way back, well they're a freaking hero in my book.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast