Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 preseason begins today

vCash
    clutching

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Spoke with an ex Brumbies player at the Diamond Function last week who has PLENTY of mates still at the glue factory and he assured me that Jake has done nothing at all to bring the team togther and they are certainly not playing for each other, he even went as far as to say they would take the spoon this year......vbookie, what odds have you got on that because I'm gunna offload the house early

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The Official bookies have as the Spoon favs.

But then again, those same bookies are tipping the Tahs to top.

vCash
    i dont get it they have the rebels above the force?? do they realise then need the ball for the backline to be able to score and with their pack they will never see to ball...and the tahs a favorites half the team are injured and the other half will be soon after the start of teh season

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    time will tell but i hope they're all wrong

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Spoke with an ex Brumbies player at the Diamond Function last week who has PLENTY of mates still at the glue factory and he assured me that Jake has done nothing at all to bring the team togther and they are certainly not playing for each other, he even went as far as to say they would take the spoon this year......vbookie, what odds have you got on that because I'm gunna offload the house early
    hang on..hang on..hang on...THIS CAN NOT BE RIGHT!!!! (John McEnroe)

How did you get a gig at the Diamond show??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post

How did you get a gig at the Diamond show??
    I think that was explained in another thread TG. Hopefully the invites were for " & friend" rather than " & partner" ;-)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me. Tnere have been whispers that Jake White was a bit of a lame duck coach. He took over Heyneke Meyer's successful formula and got Eddie Jones to do the work for him. He hasn't had any Super Rugby experience and this somehow reminds me of when Eddie Jones took over from the Reds. Big talk. Big claims. Absoluted f'ed season.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    SA coach, aussie players - doesn't reek of symmetry does it

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Say what you like now. I will wager any amount of vCash that the majority of Brumbies fans will be less than impressed with Jake White's first season with the Brumbies.

vCash
    I don't know so much James, it feels to me like they're lining up more excuses than the Tah Patrol in April.

I think they'll talk about Jake 'developing Culture' and 'blooding new talent' 'building for the future' and 'critical injuries cruelling our chances'

I know I pulled out most of those lines when the Force were underperforming in the Giteau years.

Until the majority of supporters refuse to excuse mediocrity and simply expect appropriate levels of effort any team struggles to meet its potential.

Queensland will be laden with that this season, since they have the title, the fans will assume win rather than lose for the most part. The Tahs talk a good game until the wheels inevitably fall off and the supporters start to feed on a diet of excuses and bad luck. The Force might get a fair bit of angst from their supporters this year, with such a low home win record, they could find themselves not flavor of the month at home if they don't turn it around.....the brums, I can't see anybody being surprised if they fail to win a match this year.

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    There is losing and then there is losing. If I was a Brumbies fan (god forbid), I wouldn't care as much about the number of wins (mostly because whatever it is it won't be enough). I'd judge the season on whether significant improvements were made over the competition (unlike the Rebels last season who went downhill at the halfway mark) and retention of key players. If I were the Rebels, I would put a lot of heat on to pick up Faingaa or Hooper, especially as Jake White isn't renown for his love of fetcher 7s. If I were the Force, I would put a lot of heat on picking up Lealiifano or Toomua.

vCash

Post Not just another trial as hungry Brumbies get win

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news...px?storypage=0

IT WAS tough, gritty and largely unexpected - the ACT Brumbies showed there's untapped potential in their squad when they kick-started the Jake White era in Darwin last night.

The first match under new coach White went exactly to plan as the Brumbies trounced the Western Force 25-0 at Rugby Park.

And while it was only a trial, Brumbies fans will breathe a sigh of relief knowing there's hope this year.

Seven months of brutal pre-season training and the strong competition for spots within the squad paid off for White's team last night.

But he warned the players they couldn't rest on one trial-match result.

The Brumbies played some impressive rugby, but they lapsed at stages and there's plenty of room for improvement.

The victory will mean little if they fail to turn up against the Force in the opening round of the season at Canberra Stadium on February 24.

''Sometimes we really played some good rugby and the thing I enjoyed was we played with a restricted game plan because we play them again in a few weeks,'' White said.

''We got 25 points and to not show your hand is good as well.

''It's not a true reflection because the Force didn't kick [for goal], but defensively we worked hard and they didn't score, so I'm chuffed.''

It may have been the first hit-out of the season, but the Brumbies played with Super Rugby intensity.

The desire to impress White, the competition for selection and desperation to win the opening game drove the Brumbies to victory.

While the Force opted to test their scrum and attack, the Brumbies chose to kick for goal if any opportunity presented itself, like they would in a regular season match.

They were so focused on getting the win, the crowd booed Nic White when he lined up a penalty goal from halfway after full-time, despite leading 22-0.

The conditions were muggy, but the Brumbies' ball handling was crisp and they sliced the Force open with some impressive attacking raids.

The Brumbies used almost their full squad of players with different starting XVs taking the field in both halves.

Players with niggling injuries were rested, but Wallabies Stephen Moore and Ben Alexander saw 40 minutes each.

The Force opted to rest stars David Pocock and Nathan Sharpe but still had plenty of Super Rugby experience. Brumbies fly-half Matt Toomua said the match was a confidence-booster for the two-time Super Rugby champions.

''We said it when we got here, we wanted to win this game,'' Toomua said.

''When you have a season like we did last year, you want to get off on the right note and we'll be trying to win every game.

''We know it's a win in a trial, but it set good habits and that means a lot for us.''

The Brumbies unleashed their strongest line-up in the second half, but their combinations in the opening 40 minutes were impressive.

Zack Holmes slotted three penalty goals, Tom Cox used his blistering pace to get in open space and centre Tevita Kuridrani showed potential for the future.

The Force's front row of former Brumby Salesi Ma'afu, Nathan Charles and Pek Cowan was dominated by Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Anthony Hegarty and Jono Owen.

The Brumbies were able to execute their plays and they held an 8-0 advantage when Ben Hand crossed for a try in the first 20 minutes.

The Brumbies will fly to Cairns on Tuesday and play the Queensland Reds next weekend before returning to Canberra.

AT A GLANCE ACT BRUMBIES 25 (Ben Hand, Christian Lealiifano tries; Zack Holmes 3, Nic White 2 penalties) bt WESTERN FORCE 0 at Rugby Park, Darwin last night.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Phht.
    See you Round 1.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Conceeding 25 unanswered points be it a trial or not, something went wrong for the force last night...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast