Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Town of Vincent to upgrade MES?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Let us see how many people go to the Force home games then add a good 20% to that figure for the guys that just doesn't like going to subi. This will tell you how many seats we need at the MES for a start
    Alot of members who have not renewed memberships listed the stadium as the reason for their non-renewal. Now i will be one of the first to admit that subi is s**thouse when it comes to watching rugby, but all the people on this site still turn up to supports OUR team

So based on this, that would mean all those former members who didnt want to go to subi to watch the boys would come flocking back?? IF this were the case there would only be 3,000 tickets for the general public and being a member i'm not really fussed due to the fact that i've already paid in full. Like i said before 25,000 is better then a cavernous, half empty 60,000 seat bastard stadium. The government wil have to upgrade it further eventualy or maybe then we could get some private enterprise to share the cost etc etc

I'm going to get right behind the Town of Vincent on this

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Since putting in my membership application within hours of the opening in 2005 I have been mindful of what would happen in the future.

From past experience in stadia and membership I knew that sometime...may be a long time...that the members who joined early and stayed members get the priority when the ultimate stadium comes along.

So while I HATE watching rugby from Subi....I will never give up my membership just so I can spit the dummy at the venue.

So any of those who did throw in their membership..and get seats on the dead ball line at a revamped MES...or worse...dont get in at all...TOUGH.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 25-02-08 at 21:25.

vCash
    TG i like the cut of your jib I even upgraded my membership this year and i definately dig where your comming from. Loyal members who will do anything to see our beloved first, everyone else can scramble for whats left

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm the same Gerry. While Foxtel is very attractive (considering the drive) I'm not letting mine go cause I want a seat if we get MES upgraded.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    They will have to pry my membership out of my cold dead hands

How far do you drive FT?

vCash
    I think Warnbro comes close to an 80K round Trip.....Doesn't Gerry come from Mandurah? That'd add another 60!

Gerry will you be training it to games this season? We should try and meet up on the train!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    How far do you drive FT?

Its only the far northern suburbs...he is a wuss...

vCash
    There are a lot of blokes I know that have dropped off this year citing the stadium issue in most cases. However, a guy came to fix our dunny yesterday, a rugby fan and has decided for the first time to get a membership!

I reckon the ratio is about 5 to 1.

17,000 last year - 13,000 this year. So at a guess 5,000 people got off at this stop and 1,000 got on!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    The word from upstairs is that membership is around the 16000 mark so far this year and is where they expected to be at this point.

BLACK IS THICKER THAN BLOOD

vCash
    I've aranged not to drive at all on game days this year. Train to work then train to JB's for friday games, and just straight to JB's on sunday & saturday games

Thats not a bad membership figure either

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by no.8 View Post
    There are a lot of blokes I know that have dropped off this year citing the stadium issue in most cases. However, a guy came to fix our dunny yesterday, a rugby fan and has decided for the first time to get a membership!

I reckon the ratio is about 5 to 1.

17,000 last year - 13,000 this year. So at a guess 5,000 people got off at this stop and 1,000 got on!
    So about the same drop as last year then - I wonder how many of the folk who dropped their memberships thought for themselves "Hmmm, after two years I've decided this viewing is crap", versus the number that hear everyone telling them it is crap and deciding to save themselves some money? I also wonder what job rugby is doing of selling the game to walk-ups, constantly banging on to all and sundry about how bad the viewing is. Way to sell - bit like trying to flog your house by telling everyone who visits how rubbish the view is!

vCash
    J'ON probably sin't helping the cause by banging on about how 'boring' the game is- 3am last Saturday? Boring? Methinks not...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    J'ON probably sin't helping the cause by banging on about how 'boring' the game is- 3am last Saturday? Boring? Methinks not...
    I think he should come out and apologise to the Force and say he was actually only talking to the 'failure franchises' of the east

vCash
    J'ON is a power hungry knob. I bet he didnt even watch the game

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Absolutely agree, and he is not alone. It has become such accepted wisdom that rugby is boring that everyone is looking for a reason to hang that tag on it, rather than watch games for what they are. I am sure it is at least part of the reason for the disparity between how rugby is doing in the NH compared to here - they watch and appreciate the game that is being played as opposed to moaning that it isn't the game they wish they were seeing.

It is a sad fact of life, but people believe what they hear and the vast bulk of what they get on rugby is "things that are wrong with our game". My father made an interesting observation the other day, that rugby and cricket seem to be the two games that are disproportionately covered by ex-players turned journalists/commentators. As a result you tend to see and hear far more pushing of political agendas and personal grudges, along with much more that falls into the "things were so much better in our day" category.

There are exceptions - Wayne Smith seems to write fairly balanced pieces (or is perhaps just better at making his point) and, as we've said before, Amanda Shalala's reporting during the ARC was a breath of fresh air in that she genuinely seemed to enjoy watching rugby as opposed to just looking for things to criticise. But it is interesting to look at the "2nd best rugby websites thread" - you basically have to go to an overseas site to get any real balanced coverage of Australian rugby.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast