Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Season 2009, make or break?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    holy shit wj, thems NOT fighting words for a change ... welcome back?

i haven't seen it yet but im hearing the new batman movie is awesome !!!!
    batman is the s@#t!

no need for fighting, im over that! i can take the moral high ground, or the waratah high ground as its known in the east!

a player having to live up to certain points in order to keep his contract rolling over would be fantastic!
    ive always thought most contracts these days are to player sided, there doesnt seem to be a contract that a player cant brake but if a club wants to break one then all hell breaks loose!
    it just makes players come across and whiny bitches really!
    and the people who get short changed the most are fans!
    i remember when rodgers, turq & dell all came to the tahs, there on huge contracts, the ticket price went up something stupid like 5 - 10 bucks in a single jump, yet rodgers walked and dell was an idiot and then niether player seems to give a shite!
    rodgers started rugby league love, he was a winger and union made him a household name in his own right, not son of a legend! and dell went on about how hard done by he was when he recieved a payout from the aru!

its like the gits thing now, he has signed with the ARU but is keeping his options open, if he was at the Tahs i would be pissed at him! he knows what he is thinking about doing, but he wont publicly state it!

if players had to give as much respect to there club as the club does to them, they would be crying in the media every day!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    i remember when rodgers, turq & dell all came to the tahs, there on huge contracts, the ticket price went up something stupid like 5 - 10 bucks in a single jump, yet rodgers walked and dell was an idiot and then niether player seems to give a shite!
    rodgers started rugby league love, he was a winger and union made him a household name in his own right, not son of a legend! and dell went on about how hard done by he was when he recieved a payout from the aru!
    I don't know why huge money was paid to either of them. Dell wasn't that great a winger. He couldn't kick and his handling let him down a fair bit. Rogers had serious emotional issues and he wasn't as good at 10 as Larkham, wasn't as good at 12 as Giteau, wasn't as good at 15 as Latham. Frankly the only thing he was good at was being average enough at all of the backline positions so as to be a good bench player. And yet between them they pushed a good player like Scott Staniforth who wasn't wildly overpaid out of the Waratahs mix. Which I suppose is an upshot for us because now it means we got him.

Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    its like the gits thing now, he has signed with the ARU but is keeping his options open, if he was at the Tahs i would be pissed at him! he knows what he is thinking about doing, but he wont publicly state it!
    I don't blame Gits entirely for not signing on. I mean he probably came over for four things a) to be with friends like Henjak b) the money was very very good c) opportunities for leadership roles d) to be coached by a top coach. And now only half of those things are playing out. While its a possibility, I doubt he's going to leave after 2009 but if he goes along easily and re-signs now the Force won't go to any effort to help sort out any form of substitution of his lost Firepower money. I don't think we (Force fans) can begrudge him that.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    I think some of the time the players just need to harden up a bit. I'm tired of hearing about players wanting to "go home." It happens in NRL and AFL as well. For the amount of money these guys make I'm sure they can afford to fly their friends and family over a few times a month. It's funny how when there is heaps of money available like in Europe the home sickness thing gets pushed aside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4