Champion
    vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

FORCE REVAMP CONTINUES WITH HURRICANE HAYWARD

EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE MEDIA RELEASE
    Monday, 4 Movember 2012

The Emirates Western Force has taken another step towards completing its new-look backline by signing former Hurricanes inside back Jayden Hayward for two years.

Hayward is one of three new internationals that are Perth-bound for 2013 and joins the Emirates Western Force as its second foreign developing player, alongside former Cheetahs and South African Under 20 flyhalf Sias Ebersohn. Former All Black scrumhalf Alby Mathewson is the club’s third foreign player, recruited as its marquee international for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

Hayward is the eighth new member of the Emirates Western Force back division with one Extended Playing Squad contract still available for the 2013 Super Rugby season. The trio joins fellow newcomers Sam Norton-Knight, Solomoni Rasolea, Mick Snowden, Ed Stubbs and Chris Tuatara-Morrison in the overhauled backline for 2013.

Head Coach Michael Foley says Hayward is another quality option for the Emirates Western Force in their revamped midfield.

“Jayden’s been an frontline centre for Taranaki in the ITM Cup over a number of years and is a young player determined for regular game time in Super Rugby,” he said.

“He’s a player that provides versatility in the centres, and he knows how to find the try line. He’s a player whose first instinct is to use the football which ties in with our goal of maximising what we do with possession next season.

“We’re looking forward to what our backline will offer in 2013 and Jayden is one of a number of up-and-coming players who will make a key contribution to that.”

Hayward heads across the Tasman having represented both the Highlanders and Hurricanes at Super Rugby level. The ball-playing inside back made his Super Rugby debut for the Highlanders against the Brumbies in the side’s 2009 opening match and went on to represent the Otago side on nine occasions during the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

He made the move north to link with the Hurricanes for the 2011 season where he played 15 matches over two years for the Wellington side.

The 25-year-old has been a consistent performer for ITM Cup side, Taranaki, since making his provincial debut in 2008, and has scored 20 tries across 58 matches for the amber-and-blacks.

Hayward says he’s looking forward to pushing for regular selection at the Emirates Western Force.

“There’s been a lot of changes at the Force from last year,” he said. “Speaking with Michael Foley, there’s a lot going on at the moment and, from the sounds of it, they’re changes that the players and the community should be really excited about.

“This move gives me a fresh start and a new opportunity. I’m really hungry for this chance and can’t wait to start training and doing my bit to work my way into the 22.

“I’d like to think I can bring some experience with me to the Force with four years of Super Rugby under my belt. On field, I like to be identifying space and looking to put my outside men into that space and scoring tries.

“I’m also excited about living in Perth which is where my wife calls home. I actually met her in Perth about three or four years ago and dragged her across to New Zealand, so it’s nice that we can come back there to both pursue our careers.”

2013 Emirates Western Force squad:
    Forwards: Chris Alcock*, Phoenix Battye, Richard Brown, Nathan Charles, Angus Cottrell, Pek Cowan, Tetera Faulkner, James Hilterbrand (EPS)*, Matt Hodgson, Kieran Longbottom, Toby Lynn, Salesi Ma'afu, Salesi Manu (EPS), Lachlan McCaffrey, Ben McCalman , Hugh McMeniman*, Rory Walton (EPS)*, Ben Whittaker, Sam Wykes

Backs: Nick Cummins, Pat Dellit, Sias Ebersohn*, Kyle Godwin, Jayden Hayward*, Alfie Mafi, Alby Mathewson*, Sam Norton-Knight*, Ed Stubbs*, Solomoni Rasolea*, Brett Sheehan, Michael Snowden (EPS)*, Winston Stanley, Chris Tuatara-Morrison*, Will Tupuo,
    *new signing for 2013

Name: Jayden Hayward
    Born: 11/08/1987
    Position: Inside/Outside Centre
    Height: 185cm
    Weight: 95kg

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    did he play for a club over here?

vCash
    Nedlands

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    RM won't be amused

vCash
    nor Darkness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    ...versatility in the centres, and he knows how to find the try line. He’s a player whose first instinct is to use the football which ties in with our goal of maximising what we do with possession next season. We’re looking forward to what our backline will offer in 2013....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayden View Post
    ...I like to be identifying space and looking to put my outside men into that space and scoring tries...
    Music to my ears.

No mention of Cory Brown, Grant etc to fill the last EPS slot

Last edited by sittingbison; 05-11-12 at 10:59.
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash

When rugby meets parsley....

....sweet music is made *le sigh*

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...to-join-force/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4