vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Dear Chertubler et al
    Rocky Champs 2nds results are
    Rocky 25 SL 0 Ft
    Rocky 15 ARKS 47
    Rocky 0 Joond 22
    Rocky 25 Swans 0 Ft
    The Rocky 2nds have not actually won a game on the field yet. I make that 65 points for and 69 against. As the former Rocky 4th grade they had one 14 all draw and three losses the combined result on the losses being 95 points to 5 or an average of about 32 to 2.
    Rocky Champ 1sts have played four and won two and lost two. Two wins against weak opposition in which they ran up a lot of points. Now the Rocky champ 1s are the former Rocky Prem 2nds and before going into the Championship they had not won a game drew 1 and losing 3 by a combined total of 119 points to 19 which is close to an average of 40 points to 6 and the fourth game was a 20 - 20 draw.

Dear Ex Pat,
    Rocky only have 3 senior sides. I think Wanneroo have 7 including Colts.
    Good post but its quantity not quality thats important is that what your saying . I was under the impression the very arguement against Rocky was they did not have quality in reseve . Wanneroo may have plenty of numbers but by the looks of this season they havent got much in the way of back up .

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hansie how are neddies 18 and 20's going?

Champion
    vCash
    No Neddies 18's, 20's have the numbers but had a few big losses and a nice win over the weekend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Either way you look at how neddies 18/20 s are going chertubler it's better than rocky because you got nothing

Please make sure the good juniors you have now in your club are kept and are your future there is some good talent there
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    "Good post but its quantity not quality thats important is that what your saying . I was under the impression the very arguement against Rocky was they did not have quality in reseve . Wanneroo may have plenty of numbers but by the looks of this season they havent got much in the way of back up ."

Thanks Ex Pat,
    Yes I am saying that to some extent. I am not dismissing quality completely, but for Rocky quantity is a big issue to be addressed.
    Rocky have had a problem with numbers for several years. Putting out a bottom half Prem side and a 2nd team and 4th team both getting flogged for most of that time. No Colts and no third grade for most of that time as well indicating they simply do not have the numbers to be competitive in the Premiership.
    Their numbers are more in line with a Championship Club.
    I am saying if you don't have the numbers you are unlikely to have the quality or at least without numbers you can't sustain quality.
    Wanneroo on the other hand are having a bad season this year but have been OK generally over the last 5 years making the Grand Final in 2008. They have seven teams two of which are reasonable Colts teams (they made Colts GF in 2012) indicating they have the ability to recover and be strong again whereas Rocky have a proven track record in which they continue to limp from season to season, largley because of a lack of numbers.
    To be a competitive Prem club you need a critical mass of player numbers as well as the 12 - 15 bottom end Prem grade players that Rocky have presently. Lets remember their Prems have won 2 drawn 1 and lost 5. Not a brilliant display of quality and no quantity to drawn upon.

Rookie
    vCash
    "Good post but its quantity not quality thats important is that what your saying . I was under the impression the very arguement against Rocky was they did not have quality in reseve . Wanneroo may have plenty of numbers but by the looks of this season they havent got much in the way of back up ."

Thanks Ex Pat,
    Yes I am saying that to some extent. I am not dismissing quality completely, but for Rocky quantity is a big issue to be addressed.
    Rocky have had a problem with numbers for several years. Putting out a bottom half Prem side and a 2nd team and 4th team both getting flogged for most of that time. No Colts and no third grade for most of that time as well indicating they simply do not have the numbers to be competitive in the Premiership.
    I am saying if you don't have the numbers you are unlikely to have the quality or at least without numbers you can't sustain quality.
    Wanneroo on the other hand are having a bad season this year but have been OK generally over the last 5 years making the Grand Final in 2008. They have seven teams two of which are reasonable Colts teams (they made Colts GF in 2012) indicating they have the ability to recover and be strong again whereas Rocky have a proven track record in which they continue to limp from season to season, largley because of a lack of numbers.
    To be a competitive Prem club you need a critical mass of player numbers as well as the 12 - 15 bottom end Prem grade players that Rocky have presently. Lets remember their Prems have won 2 drawn 1 and lost 5. Not a brilliant display of quality and no quantity to drawn upon.
    That's fair comment
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash

Thanks Ex Pat,
    England has over 2 and a half million registered players and new Zealand has about one hundred and forty five thousand so that's blown your theory out of the water

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    England has over 2 and a half million registered players and new Zealand has about one hundred and forty five thousand so that's blown your theory out of the water
    Union in Eng competes with soccer and league, same as Aus with league and AFL. Union in NZ might not have as many numbers as Eng, but they have hardly any competition.

Player
    vCash
    For the last five years wanneroo has brought the quality you talk about this year you have,nt and look were you are in prems. Rocky has issues with numbers but are trying to resolve they will have 18's next year and 4 other senior teams.

vCash

vCash
    Westies Man your posts are normally semi-intelligent. That was not one of them. Illogical and you completely missed the point. I'm too hungover to explain or provide an analogy.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Westies Man your posts are normally semi-intelligent. That was not one of them. Illogical and you completely missed the point. I'm too hungover to explain or provide an analogy.
    All I did was point out that quantity or size doesn't automatically transgress into success [my wife may think differently ]and I'll take that as a compliment that I'm normally semi smarts.You are one lucky man Zed being able to sink heaps of piss midweek,I'm jealous

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    .You are one lucky man Zed being able to sink heaps of piss midweek,I'm jealous
    I keep a bottle in the toilet cistern that way the wife is none the wiser.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4