Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Sonny Bill Williams quits NRL for Toulon

vCash
    what crap...
    how can they make him stay in his contract?
    are they going to force him under threat of death to train and play his heart out?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    a injunction is a court order, Toulon dont exactly have to recognise it, im not sure of what agreements the Australian and French Government have, but if they get a injuction against SBW they can prevent him from playing..

If he then breaks this injunction and plays, he may find the scenario where his assets back in Australia are frozen and he would face a court case if he ever came back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    what crap...
    how can they make him stay in his contract?
    are they going to force him under threat of death to train and play his heart out?
    A contract should be worth the paper it's written on jono.

I can't see the IRB being supportive of the NRL's position, given how bad WRF says the relations between the two codes are in the NH. Given the French Union's attitude to player payments during the "shamateur" period they probably wouldn't give a stuff what the IRB says anyway. The SANZAR Unions would have an interest in trying to protect the contract systems of both codes though.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    the IRB has very little power when it comes to private clubs like this anyway

vCash
    He won't last in Union. His famous shoulder charge is illegal in Union and i think one of his shoulders is already suspect.

He will never play in the NRL again that's for sure.

I agree with Shasta a contract should be worth the paper it's written on. A few people have spoken of loyalty lately and SBW should have shown more towards a club that bent over backwards to accomdate him. He wanted the long term contract. He gave Willie Mason a serve about loyalty and has proved that he is no better.

Champion
    vCash
    You'd think he's the best player rugby union or rugby league has ever seen in our lives with the 'rigmerole' that the SBW show is happening around the globe.

I would love for him to return to Australia for one game - doesn't matter what code he is playing the media will get stuck into him like they did our own henners,

Talking about that he will be in the same team as Henners, Luke Rooney, and Jerry Collins, not too many of these players have a clean record from the southern hempishere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    You'd think he's the best player rugby union or rugby league has ever seen in our lives with the 'rigmerole' that the SBW show is happening around the globe.
    He's not. He is just another bloke with a big shoulder charge and too much hype. Obviously enough for him to believe it i might add

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post

Talking about that he will be in the same team as Henners, Luke Rooney, and Jerry Collins, not too many of these players have a clean record from the southern hempishere.
    Whats Toulon's mascot?? Does the "Toulon Misfits" sound good to anyone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Some people still don't get it, eh? Graham Henry is probably not one of those but he tried to make out he was at his losers press conference yesterday. Claimed that he's never seen SBW play! He'll end up looking like Pinocchio if he keeps that up.

But now.............

Graham Henry "I haven't seen him play rugby, but I saw him play a little bit of league from time to time and I was always impressed with his athleticism.

from

Sonny Bill on the All Blacks' radar - leaguehq.com.au

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4