Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ET commits as Force fights to keep Mitchell

vCash
    Just read it and I do think 200K is excessive, but I still don't think we are paying for the player but we are playing for the image that there is a senior International player in our squad who agrees with the coaching staff and likes how the place is run. I don't think we are paying that much for Drew.

Drew's just getting lucky out of it all!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Hmm no I couldn't bring myself to. I'm too afraid I'd look like a stalker. I like the idea though.
    You could do undies - is it stalking if no-one knows...?

As for the RWC, you may well be right. But then, if he goes and plays fullback elsewhere he may drop off the radar. One thing we are not short of in Aus is fast young wingers and, with all due respect to him, some of them are better kickers. No question he will be in the frame in 2011, but I would not call him any certainty.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Through the grapevine ive been told that he is a dead set Powder poof blue dude next year? Id rather have the other Mitchell.... thanks.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Can I suggest that whether or not Drew is worth $200k per year as a player for the Force is completely irrelevant?

The money is not coming from RugbyWA, it's coming from ET Mining. I think that the ET guys, while clearly loving their rugby, are running a business first and foremost. The $200k is not representative of Drew's value in a team, but his profile and the doors opened by having a try-scoring Wallaby around for BBQ's at your place on a Saturday night.

Its sad to say that a guy like Drew is worth that much on an 'advertising budget' but nobody is likely to spring the same for a nasty, dominating prop. $200k could buy an awful lot of pies, mores the pity...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post
    Through the grapevine ive been told that he is a dead set Powder poof blue dude next year? Id rather have the other Mitchell.... thanks.
    Ewwww ... Dear God I hope not. I'll need a large tub of disinfectant it it turns out like that. Which it won't I hope. After all this Lote-bashing to get Drew at 11 this is how he repays me! By signing to play alongside him.

Ewww...

If that's the case lets keep JM

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    Well he could be taking Lote's place in the team if he goes to the Tahs...

vCash
    didn't Lote sign a long term deal last time he signed a contract
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Doesn't mean they will play him on the team. Only 15 in the starting line up and enough wingers for atleast one to miss out.

vCash
    But after the billions and billions they spend on Turkeyman surely they aren't going to rest him... Everyone would be bawling about the waste of money. He should only take Lote's place on the wallabies. Thats the best one

vCash
    If he's not the best player for that position or if he isn't up to sratch then thats his problem, he's being paid to be play and if he's not selected then tough. Same deal as everyone except he will just be getting paid more.

Until Mitchell's signature is on the contract I'm not writing him off either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Doesn't mean they will play him on the team. Only 15 in the starting line up and enough wingers for atleast one to miss out.
    For what the ARU pays him he won't miss out.

Remember he's the marqee player, the one who pull in the massive crowds, the face on the advertising

Or so WJ keeps crapping on about
    Posted via Mobile Device

Rookie
    vCash
    All I ask is that before he signs anything he learns how to catch and hold onto the ball in the Western Force Blue, (he seems to be able to in the Green & Gold...but not in the Forces colours). Maybe part of an incentive plan should be that each time he drops a pass, kick or misses a tackle his incentive plan gets reduced by $5,000 per drop and $10,000 a tackle.....well that could prove quite costly across the season, with only himself to blame. On second thought maybe each player should have something similar in there contracts.

vCash

Drew Mitchell the winger or whinger

If you all go back thru notes of when Drew 1 st came to Rugby in WA he said he would only come here if he could have the number 15 jumper. Ok WF said yes and he came but Coach Mitch could see he was not the best number 15 he had so thats why he was in the starting 15 as a wing for the period before Sheps hurt himself.
    Now his contract is up for renewal WF could be checking out wether he is worth the money he wants to play that position.
    My view is and also the veiw of a few TWF members he is not worth the bucks he gets at 15 Put Sheps in 15 and Stanners and Cummins on the outside and we got a matching winning trio

vCash
    some of our players would Owe the money after the chiefs game!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    If you all go back thru notes of when Drew 1 st came to Rugby in WA he said he would only come here if he could have the number 15 jumper. Ok WF said yes and he came but Coach Mitch could see he was not the best number 15 he had so thats why he was in the starting 15 as a wing for the period before Sheps hurt himself.
    Now his contract is up for renewal WF could be checking out wether he is worth the money he wants to play that position.
    My view is and also the veiw of a few TWF members he is not worth the bucks he gets at 15 Put Sheps in 15 and Stanners and Cummins on the outside and we got a matching winning trio
    Hm, Staniforth is wasted out on the wing. Shame, the poor guy can play everywhere and yet he isn't! He isn't worth it at 15, I agree, and I really don't know how he got it into his head that he is so good at 15. He isn't thaaat good. Really!

GIGS there is only so much money in the players pockets! They'll be signing contracts to pay the rugby bills if there is another game like that. Soo there would be no more games like last Friday... That's a very good idea

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast