Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: FoxSports review Force vs Rebels

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    this has me pucking fuzzled.
    first up, how is our scrum supposed to be buckling, and lineout all of a sudden has been deemed 'scrappy'? due to what factors? explain yourself you imbecilic gimp.
    and secondly, lets suggest that the scrum does collapse, and that the lineout gets messy, what the fucking jubblies does that have to do with Sias? surely he means Alby?
    My puzzlement is more about how the hell a front row of Cowan Charles and Longbottom (or Manu) is going to be troubled by Weeks (Qld reject.....Qld are not flush with front rowers at the moment) Robinson (No SR experience till the rabble) and Henderson (ran away from the force because he couldn't crack the bench in our current pack)

There is absolutely NO fact in that 'article' it's a man-love piece about how cute Judas is.

Well I for one believe it's time to smash the pretty out of that boy and crush his overpaid mates into dust.

bring it on. I've got my anger up, and it'll only get stronger once I've watched the Rugby Club dickheads rag on our boys again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I know shasta, but, but... grrrr!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    bring it on. I've got my anger up, and it'll only get stronger once I've watched the Rugby Club dickheads rag on our boys again.
    Agreed. If you think you are raging now, wait till 6:30pm tonight...

I also note Matt from G&G Rugby has written us off without much thought either. Check out their latest podcast if you are game.
    http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/pod...ging-our-bets/
    Force stuff starts at 20mins.

vCash
    I'm not letting articles like this bother me. After the season we had last year we should expect to cop some flack.
    The only way to stop being the butt of jokes is for the team to start winning, and winning consistently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I'm not letting articles like this bother me. After the season we had last year we should expect to cop some flack.
    The only way to stop being the butt of jokes is for the team to start winning, and winning consistently.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

vCash
    the irony though is that the rabble only had one more win than us as did the horrortahds... but theyre being talked up as being finalists again...hmmm

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    byale Granger
    FromerthNow
    February 14, 20131:02PM

Plenty will be resting on the shoulders of the "Honeybadger" for the Force this season. Picture: Warchomij Bohdan Source: PerthNow

IT could be a long year at the Western Force following the exits of two superstars but with a smattering of young talent they could take a scalp or two.

AT A GLANCE

INCOMING coach Michael Foley has a battle on his hands revitalising a Force team which has lost its two best players in David Pocock to the Brumbies and the now retired Nathan Sharpe.

On paper the team will struggle to score tries lacking game-breaking halves that will turn tight matches in their favour.

Second rower Sam Wykes will seek to show he can fill the colossal second row void left by departing captain Sharpe and South African flyhalf Sias Ebersohn has a score to settle with his former South African club, The Cheetahs.

While the club are at pains to emphasise the start of a new cycle under a new CEO, coach and captain, it also faces mounting pressure to deliver results and demonstrate a top six future to retain Wallabies, notably Nick Cummins, Richard Brown and Matt Hodgson.

HARDNUT - Matt Hodgson

The one man in the Western Force that has the opportunity of emerging from the shadow of departed ace-fetcher David Pocock is new captain Matt Hodgson.

Fearless, energetic and athletic, the versatile backrower could have the Force Faithful chanting, “David Who?” by the end of the season.

Not always noticed buried in the basement of rucks and mauls, but three Force Man and back-to-back Player of the Year awards bear testimony to his value for the club.

Click here to play Super Rugby Fantasy on Fox Sports

MATCHWINNER - Alfi Mafi

Given space Mafi has the ability to bamboozle opponents as demonstrated by his top-scoring feats for the club last season in a shambolic, unsettled Force backline in which he was shuffled between wing and fullback. The Tongan-born, former Rabbitohs player needs time to settle in the No.15 jumper but could prove a lethal combination with winger Nick Cummins.

YOU DON’T KNOW HIM NOW BUT YOU SOON WILL - Kyle Godwin

Just 20, the Australian Under-20 and Australian Schoolboy flyhalf gave a glimpse of his bright future with a sparkling try off the bench against the Crusaders in only his third Super Rugby game.

Godwin is already showing playmaking class in the James O'Connor cum Quade Cooper mould, but may have to wait a while before making the No.10 jumper his own and will probably spend plenty of time in the No.12 jersey this year.

PREDICTION

With few backing the Force to make the playoffs, the club will relish their underdog status this season and cause one or two upsets at the beginning of a rebuilding phase. The club has lost far too many star players over the past few seasons to mount a serious challenge for the playoffs and will finish in the bottom third of the ladder.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...-1226577910083

vCash
    Has Alby paid journalists to ignore him? talk about fly under the radar!

C'mon the

vCash
    A realistic and fair adsessment for a change. He didn't see our trials, I suppose, but I'm pretty confidant Chris Alcock will be the one to fill Pocock's shoes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    With that resume I'm surprised Stephen Dank hasnt given him some of Hirdies supplements

Ive tweeted the article to every Force player I can
    Any response SB ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kipper_mckinnon View Post
    Any response SB ?
    We'll see the response tomoz

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Has Alby paid journalists to ignore him? talk about fly under the radar!
    Well, except for that horrible article talking about how he has never missed a game through injury.
    I notice they even put that tidbit in the member's magazine.

Talk about tempting fate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
    Agreed. If you think you are raging now, wait till 6:30pm tonight...

I also note Matt from G&G Rugby has written us off without much thought either. Check out their latest podcast if you are game.
    http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/pod...ging-our-bets/
    Force stuff starts at 20mins.
    I was getting a bit fired up about this myself - after visiting the Forums, I see I'm not the only one!

I usually value the commentary on G&GR, but they seem to be following the "conventional wisdom" from the "traditional media". Force have no big names, so they have no chance.

But they do have a new top-flight coaching staff, and they do have a a bunch of young guys who are poised to have breakout years, much like the Honey Badger did: Charles, Longbottom, Wykes, Mafi, Toupou...

Yet, they still write the Force off against a team full of Force rejects? OK, they've got Beale and Judas. What else?

Force have an advantage in the front row and in the backrow. #9 is dead-even, I'd say. Rory Sidey is in the centers - God bless him, but I don't think he strikes fear into anyone.

Beale and Judas can't do much without the ball, and let's not forget that Judas hasn't touched a ball in anger for 7 months or so.

So, where is this big advantage?

I am a bit mystified by some of the selections, though. Christie? Stanley? I hope we're pleasantly surprised.

The Force will get to about mid-table, with some nice upset wins and the East Coast hacks will jump on the bandwagon, babbling on about how they came out of nowhere, and who could've predicted it, blah, blah, blah... wait for it.

C'mon boys - stick it to 'em!

vCash
    I too am surprised by the selections. Not sure what the coaching staff are doing? I hope the badger doesn't get hurt playing B grade, and that Sias is really fired up by starting on the bench so when he gets on he plays the joint down. Also, can't believe MMM us injured already. And where's our big new centres? In the coaches we trust!
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Shame that Sharpie is joining this bunch of fuckwits and halfwits.
    WT?? I have obviously missed something VERY important....I work too hard and obviously missing stuff

Starting to get the blood boiling and ready for round 1, when we turn the tables and we beat the Rebels by 44 points, after a 22 point turn around !!!

This is more like it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast