Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cheetahs edge past Force

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFUB View Post
    Must of been watching different game to me. Showed some good signs but rarely got the chance as the ball was rarely passed to him. Tried to inject himself into the line at times, good to see him looking for the ball.

How can you criticise him as he has only been passed the ball less than a dozen time all season (maybe a slight exaggeration but not much)

Go play 1 game of Rugby and play Wing... if you dont get the ball given to you, you go find it.. You telling me the likes of David Smith - Drew Mitchell - Digby Ioane, wait for the ball ?? NO !! He's a marque player and Sam Wara is showing him how to play as a Winger, not as a player who sits in the 2nd row of the grand stand..

Yeah I must of watched a different game to you, he did 2 hit ups, missed 4 tackles and slipped half a dozen times when an opportunity was available, and out of position on a number of occasions...

a bit like RG, a waste of time and space, Palmyra is a great place for Nalaga to be, not the Western Force.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yes, but does not explain disrespect to Force in his apologies to frog "fans" what about we "fans" where he has not overwhelmed (and been injured)
    Posted via Mobile Device

Prospect
    vCash
    I thought Stanley was the best in the back line. he was excellent defensively and showed some real spark. If he had some more help back there it would be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    It's unusal for someone to agree with me around here?
    Agree with about half of what you say.

The other half makes me furious, though!

vCash
    Which halfF FS?
    I cannot see see the replaye so am relying on reports of those who have?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Penalty count was 15 to 5. We were at fault a lot granted, but the Cheetahs weren't saints.
    But it was only a Western Force game after all so good opportunity for the SARU to give a rooky South African referee his first S15 start...
    The reffing job was atrocious. The disallowed try was borderline criminal. What the AR saw was something that happens every single breakdown - and he's going to call back a try for that? Unbelievable - but not unexpected.

Prospect
    vCash
    OMG - refereeing seriously disappointing, one sided if you ask me. Pocock and his team showed good restraint considering the poor ref decisions throughout the game.
    Ridiculous call to disallow first try!
    I thought both Cheetahs tries were from forward passes?!

vCash
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Bam's decision to go for a scrum right in front of the posts, when a penalty would've brought them within 1. AND, with a prop in his first-ever Super Rugby scrum. A bit of a rookie mistake, no?

At lease kick to touch and take the lineout, where they were mauling the ball quite well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    OMG - refereeing seriously disappointing, one sided if you ask me. Pocock and his team showed good restraint considering the poor ref decisions throughout the game.
    Welcome aboard Dan

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Bam's decision to go for a scrum right in front of the posts, when a penalty would've brought them within 1. AND, with a prop in his first-ever Super Rugby scrum. A bit of a rookie mistake, no?

At lease kick to touch and take the lineout, where they were mauling the ball quite well.
    I thought it was a fifty-fifty. I applaud his decision to go for the win, because that shows a confidence which has been lacking till now. I thought the penalty was harsh considering the Chhetahs prop (can't remember whether it was TH or LH) had been hingeing all night, particularly when a good hit was coming. I agreed with the commentators, that a good attempt was being made to bind on jersey all might, but, as usual it was hit and miss for everybody...many let go, on both sides, but some critical ones picked up to our detriment.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think the Force had a bit of an impromptu chat with Craig Joubert at the airport yest about the poor reffing on Sat night. Seems whoever is in charge of selecting refs chose that game to "blood" a new ref. Given the poor reffing in other S15 games this season too (notably those involving Bryce Lawrence!!), it's time SANZR took action I reckon. It's wrong and unfair for games to be won and lost on the strength of incompetent refereeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    Seems whoever is in charge of selecting refs chose that game to "blood" a new ref.
    In which game would you have "blooded" a new ref if you were in charge of appointing refs?

It seems generally accepted protocal to "blood" a new ref (there were two last weekend, by the way - how did you think the other guy went?) in a fixture where two teams are either ranked low on the ladder or where there is a chasm between the two teams (eg 1st v last)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthChicka View Post
    It's wrong and unfair for games to be won and lost on the strength of incompetent refereeing.
    Is that what happened in this match? It was solely the refereeing that decided the outcome? It wasn't the inability of a team to adapt to the refereeing? Or, perish the thought, the inability of a team to attack constantly and score more points than the other? The team made no mistakes (ball handling or choice of tactic)?

NOTE: I have not seen the match - it was on way too late for me, and the replay was on at an inconvenient time

vCash
    Most reasonable people accept the points you (very often) make about teams contributing to their own demise, Eck. Most accept that referees are (ALLEGEDLY) human and make mistakes too. But, again, most reasonable people would think that sometimes the players are the major contributor and, on occasions, poor refereeing decisions DO actually make the difference. But mostly the better team wins irregardless of or despite the refereeing.

The knock-on effects of either can have a major impact on a franchise's fortunes. I don't think it's acceptable policy for lower ranked teams to constantly have the lower ranked officials, however it's rationalised. Controlling bodies are charged with creating as even a playing field as possible. Control what they can. There's a lot at stake.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    In which game would you have "blooded" a new ref if you were in charge of appointing refs?

It seems generally accepted protocal to "blood" a new ref (there were two last weekend, by the way - how did you think the other guy went?) in a fixture where two teams are either ranked low on the ladder or where there is a chasm between the two teams (eg 1st v last)

Is that what happened in this match? It was solely the refereeing that decided the outcome? It wasn't the inability of a team to adapt to the refereeing? Or, perish the thought, the inability of a team to attack constantly and score more points than the other? The team made no mistakes (ball handling or choice of tactic)?

NOTE: I have not seen the match - it was on way too late for me, and the replay was on at an inconvenient time
    I was speaking about rugby in general, but yes I do think the disallowed try at least was a game changer on Sat night. Equally, I agree that we gave away soft penalties at times. I am not blaming the loss purely on the refereeing, but for me it was a big factor.

I also accept that refs have to have a first game sometime and that poor refereeing works both ways - on Sat night there were some Force infringements that weren't punished but poss should have been.

The Saders v Reds game was also poorly reffed by the way.

As a final comment, this article in today's West is interesting:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...ng-accusation/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    It's unusal for someone to agree with me around here?

have you all been on valium?
    You have to expect that occasionally if you submit a well structured, considered and objective analysis, rather than a vitriolic tirade. (though the latter is usually more entertaining, dead set)

....either that or too much tiger and carlsburg around the Hard Rock Penang pool has chilled my cranium...

Last edited by normie; 07-05-12 at 10:58.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast