Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NSW vs QLD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    the irony in your statement says it all

I will be interested to see who plays at 12 for NSW, a Beale-Tahu combo is quite good for attack, but in terms of defense they are massive liabilities. If it is a Beale-Tahu combo i suspect that there will be traffic run through that channel all day long, expect to see Ioane and Hynes directed through there.
    The small guys wouldn't trouble them as much.
    I'd probably send McMinimum and Higginbottom at Beale. There is good yardage to be had here.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Yep just like the Tahs cling to the delusional belief that they are God's gift to rugby, or that Lote will ever contribute anything positive to your side.

Keep talking it up big fella - that's just the way the Reds like it.
    The Reds have the delusional belief that they are contenders. That's just the way we like it. It makes the pain of defeat even more comical.

The Reds season goes on the line in week 4. If they beat the Tahs they've had a good season. When they lose in round 4 there isn't a lot of joy for the next 9 weeks is there?

The great QLD myth has been exposed. It's hard to step up when you have a heart the size of a pea

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SleazyWineBaas View Post
    The small guys wouldn't trouble them as much.
    I'd probably send McMinimum and Higginbottom at Beale. There is good yardage to be had here.
    I think its the small guys that will trouble them the most, Tahu has no problem tackling he is just rubbish at reading the plays. In which case a smaller guy is going to have a better chance against Tahu, you throw in the Beale factor, in which he rarely commits himself to cover defence and you have a gaping hole in the 10-12 channel.

Quote Originally Posted by SleazyWineBaas View Post
    The Reds have the delusional belief that they are contenders. That's just the way we like it. It makes the pain of defeat even more comical.

The Reds season goes on the line in week 4. If they beat the Tahs they've had a good season. When they lose in round 4 there isn't a lot of joy for the next 9 weeks is there?

The great QLD myth has been exposed. It's hard to step up when you have a heart the size of a pea
    man you have some hostility, what happened? you get rejected by some chick from QLD or something?

For starters, im interested in this 'delusional belief' that they are tital contenders, ive never heard a overly cocky speech of brevado or dellusion from a QLD player yet, so im unsure where you get this opinion from?

As for going on the line in Rd4, hmm well maybe you should wake up and smell the roses, its the Super14 and every teams season goes on the line in Rd1.

'great QLD myth', this is possibly the more beweildering of your comments, as opposed to the 'great WA myth', yeah il let you figure that one out.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hynes at speed would use Beale as a speed bump.

Which brings me to a latest bugbear, why can't Australian Backs (and Forwards for that matter) hit the ball at speed???
    The Hairy's and Kiwi's all seem to be able to.
    Hit the bloody ball at pace, how hard is it!
    It's all this Master Tactician three quarter pace bullshit and then accelerate, meanwhile getting tackled before the gain line on most occassions.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I blame Lote and Wendell.

Couldn't agree more - a blight on our fine game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Hynes at speed would use Beale as a speed bump.

Which brings me to a latest bugbear, why can't Australian Backs (and Forwards for that matter) hit the ball at speed???
    The Hairy's and Kiwi's all seem to be able to.
    Hit the bloody ball at pace, how hard is it!
    It's all this Master Tactician three quarter pace bullshit and then accelerate, meanwhile getting tackled before the gain line on most occassions.
    Mortlock was outstanding in week 1 and 2 so I was surprised he had such a poor game last week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    I think its the small guys that will trouble them the most, Tahu has no problem tackling he is just rubbish at reading the plays. In which case a smaller guy is going to have a better chance against Tahu, you throw in the Beale factor, in which he rarely commits himself to cover defence and you have a gaping hole in the 10-12 channel.

man you have some hostility, what happened? you get rejected by some chick from QLD or something?

For starters, im interested in this 'delusional belief' that they are tital contenders, ive never heard a overly cocky speech of brevado or dellusion from a QLD player yet, so im unsure where you get this opinion from?

As for going on the line in Rd4, hmm well maybe you should wake up and smell the roses, its the Super14 and every teams season goes on the line in Rd1.

'great QLD myth', this is possibly the more beweildering of your comments, as opposed to the 'great WA myth', yeah il let you figure that one out.
    Beale isn't a great defender. It's well documented and obvious to blind Freddy. He is fast however and the smaller guys he copes with. What he doesn't like is putting his body in the way of a charging forward. I think he'd be relieved to see backs running at him.
    Fair comment re Tahu. I actually think he's a pretty good defender having watched him for years in league. His reading of the game is a bit dodgy. 12 isn't the most difficult defensive role however. You move up and take your man. I think the 13 has the most difficult job and Horne is an extremely good defender. He is very fast, very agile and has amazingly good technique. Tahu will handle himself if selected. Beale is a worry and will probably have a helper either Waugh or Palu I would imagine.
    Certainly some opportunity for the Reds here. I'm from the school that says you have to earn the right to go wide. Good go forward from the Reds forwards would open opportnities for those fast backs. The speed of the Reds backs is quite impressive. Great to see Australian rugby with some real speed.
    Speaking of speed. has Tuquiri dropped some weight or what? He looks anorexic.

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-03-09 at 08:04. Reason: decorum

vCash
    NSW 15 - QLD 11

cant really put my finger on the pulse of this match, the Reds forwards were dominated at set pieces, i think they lost the last 7 of there own lineouts(rubbish), but still managed to remain in the match through good work from the back and loose forwards..

on a brighter not the QLD 2nd XV won 28 - 15 over the NSW 2nd XV

vCash
    at times I thought Qld threw the ball around too much at times.

McLinden bombed that try when it just needed one more pass
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    @ Peter Blackie

^^^ One of the least forensic pieces of rugby analysis I have ever read. Thanks for wasting 15 seconds of my life while I read it.

Your posts fail to conceal an obvious hatred of the Reds - don't try and disguise your prejudice by pretending to have undertaken some sophisticated study of the Reds play patterns.

Be man enough to just admit you hate them.
    ...and yet they managed to defeat the Force in their past two encounters....oh dear!

Do try and engage your brain before you open your mouth.
    So where is tic head today I wonder

vCash
    I wouldn't gloat too much Pieter, the Reds played better then the Force from what I remember
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    from what I remember
    You seem to qualify a lot of your posts that way, jargs.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You seem to qualify a lot of your posts that way, jargs.
    I was watching the Cricket at the same time, watching Phil Hughes put Steyn and Morkel in their places
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    come back when you have something intelligent to say...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Blubbering
    QLDers are crying in their murky pools of hate
    They can't beat NSW anymore because they've lost the hate. Where were the stinks? Where was the blood? Where were the huge hits? Where was the mountaineering? Waugh put a massive shot on the mungo off a Quade long ball. My back teeth rattled watching it.
    QLD turned up to look pretty. They didn't turn up to get dirty and bloodied. They played like backs. backs are gay. You have to earn the right to go wide. The NSW pack dominated the set piece and the breakdown. The Tahs pack was magnificent.
    Lets hear from the spin it wide brigade how boring it was?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast