Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Half way

Apprentice
    vCash
    I agree maelkann - I would not be surprised if Rocky beat them. Rocky's got a top backline and after all it's a 15 man game!

I reckon let the pro players play when they want as it raises the level of the comp. You only test yourself against the best. After all JOC is still on contract so why not. It's like clubs using Alfie Mafie, David Smith, Pockock, Mitchell, Hodgson etc over the years for 1 or 2 games. If it is given through to other players in the correct way it will keep players at the club as they want to be apart of success. Win more games and you will attract more and better players. The social players will always stay as they are there for other reasons than playing competitive rugby.

I think Perth rugby administrators including Juniors is at times to worried about players having fun, safety and other crap and forgetting we play the game to win!!

As John Hart once said - winning isn't everything it's the only thing!!

0 Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Geat feedback - now we can get constructive.

Cott worked hard to get Force players. Many including myself thought that was very shortsighted. I thought it was a poor decision, but that does not make Cott a bad club. For the benefit of WA Rugby and other clubs, I'd like to find out what Cott gained from that initiative?

Great to have JOC play in the local comp. BUT what about the poor bloke that gets benched to make way for someone who is out of this state in a few months time? Why give JOC loyalty when he's gone soon. Do you as a club have a right to expect loyalty from the poor bloke who has gutsed it out for Cott all season just to be dumped so Cott can win a game???

My concern is that Cott player may walk away from the game and we should not allow that to happen. Our players must come first, second and third, we have to keep working on creating a WA identity for the Force.
    doesn't this happen every year in the Sydney club scene with the super 15 players returning,how many do Sydney Uni,for example,have returning to their ranks?

0 Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Its common enough in Sydney. Most 1st grade players will expect to be dropped to 2nds about this time of the year. It is just the way it is and though it is a new concept in Perth, whether they start or come off the bench it will raise the profile of the game as well as the standard. If they are good enough then let them get picked.

0 Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Gunny, you're right. The difference is that many of the boys returning to Sydney like Jono to play with Uni were once juniors there.

I doubt Fulvio or anyone would have a problem if K-Bomb went back to play with Rocky.

It's accomodating the blokes who come here from Sydney, have little or no desire to support our comp. It's club first and I am not happy playing a professional if his heart and mind are elsewhere, much better to have a passionate less skilled club player putting his all on the line for his team mates and club than a pro just doing his job.

Fulvs the 2009 flag won by Cott would have been won with or without Browny. Pally were crap on the day, buggered from the previous week's workout. In 2010 Swanny and Barto made no difference. Many of the players I talk to relish the chance of having a go against EWF players.

0 Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    If thats the attitude not to give pro players a go here because they have not come through our system how on earth will we develop our comp. The average premier grade player will struggle to play Sydney 2's. The only way to catch up with the eastern states rugby is to get these pro players to play more rugby n perth irrelevant of who came through the clubs juniors etc. Stick with the guys thats been with clubs for several years and rugby will remain on the same standard as it is now. Start playing higher level players and the game will progress to a higher level. I reckon it's pretty simple.

0 Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I have to agree with this - Once the season is over and they wish to play in WA then as long as they train why not include them. It will give the opposition some thing to brag about when someone "Sonny Bill's" them or scores against them. Thats what 1st Grade rugby should be about - testing yourself against better players and stepping up. If the current players want the spot then train harder and grab your chance when you come off the bench.

0 Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Fulvs the 2009 flag won by Cott would have been won with or without Browny. Pally were crap on the day, buggered from the previous week's workout.
    Thats a big stretch and revisionist rewriting of history on your part Hansie, but otherwise I'm prepared to let it rest.

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Great call Hansie, your jaded Fulvio because your second rate team could not get up in 2009. Brown did nothing on the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    "Fulvs the 2009 flag won by Cott would have been won with or without Browny. Pally were crap on the day, buggered from the previous week's workout."

Sorry Hansie, what you've said is absolute garbage. You forget that others were also at the same game.

Pally had a week off as they whipped Nedlands in the Minor Semi by 40 odd points at Lark Hill - they didn't have a "previous weeks workout".

What you conveniently also hope to whitewash over is the fact that Brown scored a try and set another one up. Hey but whats a try or two between friends, clearly not that important in your mind.

I will concede you are partly correct because Swanepoel was the major difference on the day. When he came off with ten minutes to play and Brown was already off the park, the real Cottesloe team was "crap" to use your language.

Nedlands has a proud record of finals appearances and you probably have no way of understanding what that loss due to Force players meant to our club. If you had to wait 20 years between GF appearances then you might just understand.

If you were honest, Neddies should have won the Prelim final the week before - Neddies was ahead until Browns impact on the game and you went from leading to losing 9-13. I thought it also an injustice.

I take it you don't actually believe the stuff you write but pen the words more to wind Fulvio up than anything else. A few facts would be a pleasant change.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by RumourMonger; 20-06-11 at 20:25.

vCash
    Hey, do I sound wound up in my last post?

A real factor in that game was an assistant referee yapping on his mobile phone during the game, and then disallowing a laid down mizzare Paly try when he wasn't even looking in the direction of play.

Yes, we know who you are, and what happened.

But hey, we forgive him ...

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    More importantly, when's the tipping ladder going to be updated.

I suspect my mate Johnex copped a hiding this week.

Oh, and the other "jonex" is the same guy, 'cept he forgot his alias one week,. How about aggregating his scores, so he'll stop pretending he's really ahead of me?

0 Not allowed!

vCash
    Great call Hansie, your jaded Fulvio because your second rate team could not get up in 2009. Brown did nothing on the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaFan View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    No one wants to hear your shit kalafan, especially not twice... Fucken waste of space mate!
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

I suspect my mate Johnex copped a hiding this week.

Oh, and the other "jonex" is the same guy, 'cept he forgot his alias one week,. How about aggregating his scores, so he'll stop pretending he's really ahead of me?
    Johnex had a good week!

0 Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Well...?

0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast