Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Western Force vs Cheetahs, Round 9

vCash
    Embarrassingly unable to convert pressure in to points & a season of prolonged failed experiments

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFUB View Post
    they are being coached by a forwards coach as the backs only have one tactic i.e. pass once then run into opposition. Almost no development in the backs structure and game play for years.
    Spot on, think the Force should now look at promoting some local coaches (no more forwards coaches), into the fold, there is at least one local coach who could do a top job with the backs. As a unit the backline looks clueless, and one dimensional.

Champion
    vCash
    That was a bloody disgrace, rugby is becoming very crook here across the board and rapidly.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post

The scru

I feel so bloody deflated that we have achieved so little IN TEN YEARS
    Well apart from having so many local juniors in the squad, maybe.

Maybe Fulvio is on the money.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Pathetic! Can't even blame the ref!
    Very hard to see to find a positive. I didn't get soaked is the only one I can think of.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Mediocre fucken garbage from outset. I hate paying to watch fucken mediocre performances. Those clowns all should forfeit their match payments to a charity. Absolute joke!! The whole fucken outfit from chairman down needs a great big shake up. The Dockers did it a few years back with Rick Hart and his lacklustre board may be its time to sweep the broom through.

Senior Player
    vCash
    It would certainly help if we stopped blowing wind up these blokes asses until they show they're worthy.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Dear Mr Foley,

As excited as I was about our performance last year, this season is turning out to be like groundhog day for us supporters. As one of the 10-year members, I was looking forward to a win over one of the lower ranked travelling sides (as I was over the Rebels), but alas, have come away disappointed.

I have several questions for you:

1) How can the team go to South Africa and take the game to the wire against big guns like the Bulls and the Sharks away, and then put in that kind of performance at home? Is it the case that the tactics for the games we are expected to lose are different? In those games we played with direction, like we had nothing to lose. In today's game we played like we were afraid to lose. All that aimless kicking - it was not all from Sias - MUST have been a coaching directive from you. Why? Why do we play a running game like men possessed when the game is lost and we are searching to salvage a bonus point?

2) I know you are a forward, but can you get some more imaginative attacking plans? Even when the team TRY to show patience, they come up with such predictable 'one out' stuff, that a big defensive team like the Cheetahs just laps up. Where are the different running lines? The decoy runners? The inside passes (I think I only saw one today...)?

3) Can we work on some consistency from the boys on the basics - security of the ball in the tackle, precision in the clean out, supporting the ball carrier, patience in attack....? Some weeks these elements are fantastic. Most weeks they are not....

4) Can you talk to the lads about option taking too? Going the kick when we have overlaps and acres of space, going for a run when the defence is up and you have no support and on this occasion SHOULD BLOODY KICK, taking the open or blind side when ALL the players are on the other side, going for the pick and drive and then getting isolated?

I am sorry to sound frustrated. Maybe we just don't have the cattle to compete with the big guns.

I know rugby is an attitude game, but heck, isn't the 10th anniversary game enough motivation?

Here's hoping the team bounces back with a (totally unexpected) win against the Stormers. That would be great, but to be honest, not good enough. We should be winning most of our games at home at least.

Just to let you know that whatever happens, I will keep coming. I am not asking for a finals berth, just a few wins for us faithful now and again, in games that are ours for the taking.

Sincerely,

BeeJay

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    After the game, Force coach Michael Foley rued his side's inability to finish off the Cheetahs when they had the chance.
    "Not being able to push ahead is what creates the frustration, certainly for the players, and also for me," Foley said.
    "It's recognising that simply doing the basics well when you're on top, and creating more pressure, will bring about more points. And you'll eventually finish on top.
    "I thought we looked for some things there we didn't need to look for. I think we needed to just keep the pressure on and complete control of the game."

Well, at least it isn't more of the "brave Force", "plucky Force", "lot of positives to take away from the game" stuff that we usually get after another Force loss.

vCash
    The problem with Perth is that players don't want to come to play here as it is so far away from what they want in a city, case in point, the Glory getting done for going over the salary cap, they needed to break the rules to get a competitive team.

How are we supposed to play champagne rugby with goon bag players, what the hell do you people expect?

Maybe stop whinging and bleating and maybe accept after ten years in the competition that the way Australian rugby is set up is not conductive to success in the West.

Our job is to make sure we keep a team here, because you can be bloody sure the pricks over east hold no love for us.

Player
    vCash
    Wykes sucks as a captain wanabe. He dogged it when the Force turned the ball over and the Cheetahs prop ran away from him. When the prop passed it to a guy near Wykes he didn't even chase him. Dogged it....he is a disgrace and doesn't deserve the honour of being captain.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    Here's hoping the team bounces back with a (totally unexpected) win against the Stormers.
    You do understand that the raping will continue in the Stormers game don't you Beej?

After ten years, it should stop aching soon surely?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Apparently we are targeting the back end of the season to start winning. Am I a week out...Its next week we start trying to win right? What a load of shit!

vCash
    A little bit of running from depth, a little bit of forward support. Come on fellas, a little bit of a gameplan with the ball-in-hand...

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Season officially over for us, try anything from here on in.

Bring your boots next week!

C'mon the

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast