Poll: Should Vern Reid Resign as CEO from the EWF

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Vern Reid Resignation Petition

vCash
    I'm in the shed sharpening my pitch-fork.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Would the people who voted "no" in this poll care to explain why? I'm interested to hear the other side of this saga.

Last edited by Alison; 30-07-12 at 12:39. Reason: Typo

vCash
    I'm reliably informed that bumper stickers are winging their way to TWF HQ with a term of endearment - "Vern Reid must resign".

vCash
    I don't believe that Vern Reid has necessarily done the best thing by the club, but how would him handing in his resignation help anything? How about he takes responsibility and does something about it instead. Surely that would be the best rather than losing another person, who's possibly being replaced with someone who is no better.

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I voted yes to him resigning but then again it would only make matters worse in the short term. It would be a bit of a reactionary decision. We need to wait until things are a little bit more stable before we look at removing the top dog. With Mitch Hardy out of the picture, who would step into the void created by no CEO?

My opinion would quickly change if the Force are determined to continue pursuing Michael Foley. I'd like to see: Todd Louden or Steve Meehan or Tim Lane.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Given that we are absolutely at rock bottom now, why not take the opportunity to clear out ALL the old wood and start with a totally clean slate in 2013? What's the worst that could happen that hasn't already happened?

I think that Vern Reid is the common denominator in all the stuff-ups that have happened at the Force and that even if by some miracle we do recruit a new and highly credentialed head coach and a brand new Mitch etc etc, the culture and ethos of the entire organisation will still have Vern stamped all over it.

I have worked in many places throughout my career and never cease to be amazed at how the whole culture, values and vibe of an organisation feed off, and to a large extent replicate, those of the person who is at the top.

I remain firmly of the view that if this franchise is to go anywhere other than oblivion, then Vern has to go. And the sooner the better.

vCash
    Because even with vern there we have the ability to salvage something. If he goes at the moment we may as well fire everyone, sit out next season and start again with a cheque book
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Rugby WA lack leadership and competent direction. All of which is the primary responsibility of the top man. There have been so many mistakes over the last few years that it is not simply the result of misfortune.

The entire board lacks experience in the management of an elite sporting organisation and business. It is the responsibility of the CEO to ensure that the board and the management of the organisation are competent persons for their roles within the organisation.

Sometimes it is the ability to look from the outside that provides the insight, such that the view is not obliterated by not being able to see the wood for the trees.

vCash
    I agree with James in that sacking Reid now would destabilize the franchise even further. I dont blame him for the poor recruitment. Its pretty clear wallabies dont want to come here. Pocock even made that clear for his own intentions and purposes.
    Brumbies supporters wanted Andrew Fagans Head after 2011 but he has managed to turn the franchise around.
    We need to suppport the WA talent we have because we're not going to be recruiting any top line wallabies over the next couple years and as a consequence most of the best under 20's wont want to come here either. Its time to really push our local kids and give them every resource available to get them up to scratch. I think we need 2 coaches. One for the Super team(my preference Louden or Meehan) and one to focus on youth development(someone like Phill Mooney or preferably a west australian being the natural succesor to head coaching role later down the track).

Last edited by Hoolly Doolly; 30-07-12 at 20:48.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    To sack and have a superior replacement ready within a week or two (ie someone already being approached now) would put a line under this whole sordid affair.

It would hardly be appealing for a prospective new Coach to come to a Club where there is a) a real or perceived problem at the top or b) a potential replacement at the top within the first year of their tenure.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    We cant even get a coach let a lone try find a competent CEO with a proven track record within a week or 2.
    ill bet nobody is calling for Fagans sacking in Brumby land atm.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    As they say, you always learn more in a loss (or losing season) than a victory (successful season). Success band-aids all manner of weeping sore.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    As with the few others I don't believe getting rid of Reid is the most sensible thing to do right now. There is obviously still some work to do and that is being done to keep the Franchise somewhat stable and moving forward. Don't care much about Bambam going..good for him..but we definitely need a coach of some description right now and I'd like to think there is some frantic work being done by Reid and others to recruit a coach.

vCash
    I'm not really looking at what's best for the franchise in the next few weeks, I've given up on the prospect of good news in the next year or maybe two. I think Vern should leave because he surely has KPIs.

If anybody can name a realistic (or imaginary) KPI that he has met, I'd be interested in listening to it!

C'mon the

vCash

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast