Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: House is full at Members Equity for Force fans

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The waiting list is the main reason I signed MiniGIGS up this year.

At least I know we're in the door, now I just have to win the raffle for good seats.
    me to

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I am of the understanding that the pitch is not of the correct dimensions for a sanctioned Super 14 game as well. Surely all of these things have been researched by the before committing to 2010, possibly they've sought a relaxation of the requirements from SANZAR in order to undertake the upgrade.
    I thought this, too. I thought there was an issue with the areas around the playing area. Are they taking seats out to get the extra metres?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Dunno, but I'm sure the pitch is in serious need of upgrading, some of the spirit games were rainy and large sections of the Shed in-goal were under water. while they're widening it, they could upgrade the drainage and improve the stability of the turf (It is an Ex GayFL ground after all)

C'mon the

vCash
    According to the MES website:

http://www.membersequitystadium.com.au

Members Equity Stadium has plans for a further 3 stages of development, accommodating up to 35,000 patrons. State of the art design and world-class corporate facilities will place the venue as Australia's benchmark for sporting and stadium events.

Didn't notice any time-frame. Just hope it is pronto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Definitely need a big screen for those of us who love the replays.
    They have a big screen at MES when the Perth Glory play so I would imagine that the same portable screen will be placed somewhere at MES for the Force. At the Glory they put it on the hill next to the Shed (North West Corner I think it is)

Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    According to the MES website:

http://www.membersequitystadium.com.au

Members Equity Stadium has plans for a further 3 stages of development, accommodating up to 35,000 patrons. State of the art design and world-class corporate facilities will place the venue as Australia's benchmark for sporting and stadium events.

Didn't notice any time-frame. Just hope it is pronto!
    That has been there for ages and has been the plan since the first re-development that turned it into a true rectangle

I think that first re-development occured in about 2002 or 2003

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hey Coach any official news on the membership/ seating and any priority to be given for loyalityat ME.
    So for all I've read on the forum is from un quoted sources

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    No, nothing official. I imagine its a huge task organising this also - think putting a big round (oval) peg in a square hole - so I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for an answer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    They have a big screen at MES when the Perth Glory play so I would imagine that the same portable screen will be placed somewhere at MES for the Force. At the Glory they put it on the hill next to the Shed (North West Corner I think it is)

That has been there for ages and has been the plan since the first re-development that turned it into a true rectangle

I think that first re-development occured in about 2002 or 2003
    shows their intentions at least....
    Bloody wish they would proceed with extreme haste!!!!!!

vCash
    Have you got 70 Million dollars Normie? If you do, I reckon work could start tomorrow!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby Chick View Post
    Hey Coach any official news on the membership/ seating and any priority to be given for loyalityat ME.
    So for all I've read on the forum is from un quoted sources
    The following was posted back in January

I had a fairly long telephone chat yesterday with the Membership Manager for the Force. I asked particularly about the way seats would be allocated when we move to ME. He said that he would be the one handling that and outlined the process.

Obviously diamond members and sponsors are looked after first, then when it comes to the masses ..... Gold Members who have been members since day one get priority - they have recorded the order in which people joined and that is the order of allocation. Once all Gold members from season one have been allocated seats then they move to foundation silver, then bronze or nickel or whatever it is that comes next. After that its back to Gold members who joined in season 2 and are still members, then season 2 silver etc.

IMPORTANT: The foundation silver members only get priority for silver seats at ME, likewise nickel get nickel etc.

Eventually they will work their way down to recent Gold Members, by this time the ME Gold seats might have gone so they will have to go to Silver ...BUT, as above, long serving Silver members would already have been given the best Silver seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    The following was posted back in January

[I]I had a fairly long telephone chat yesterday with the Membership Manager for the Force.
    Did that chat shed any light on whether there are actually 17000 or 11000 members or whether the real number is somewhere in between? If closer to 11000 it will be not too bad for current members to secure/upgrade decent seats.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Did that chat shed any light on whether there are actually 17000 or 11000 members or whether the real number is somewhere in between? If closer to 11000 it will be not too bad for current members to secure/upgrade decent seats.
    Can't help on that one - it wasn't myself that posted the update in January. I just happen to have e-mailed it at the time to a bunch of force members who don't use twf very much so had a copy handy.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    there are up to 17,000 reserved seats - members, corporates, "freebies" for clubs, families, sponsors etc...

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash

vCash
    Have you got 70 Million dollars Normie? If you do, I reckon work could start tomorrow!
    Just checked my petty cash tin, under the matress and my kids piggy banks. Sadly there will be no 'Normie Stadium' in the forseeable future.

As jargs said, that stuff about aiming for 35 000 capacity etc has been on the MES website for ages. (thanks, jargs wasn't aware of that)

IMHO: Seems weird to me that the ME stadium got to the point it is at now a while ago then halted. I would have thought that it would have been prudent to initiate subsequent stages to extend capacity etc ages ago (this would have been before before the global economic meltdown hit) as there was plenty of evidence that the ground would be well patronised by Rugby and league as well as the Glory.

The NRL has been wanted to play games in Perth for while and surely these games would have been negotiated well in advance, giving the MES owners a fair idea of their potential income.

In a somewhat bizarre twist the A League are going to play some games at Subi! What does it all mean!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast