Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Waratahs firm as Drew Mitchell tests market

vCash
    Tahs are welcome to him if they want him. I wasn't very enthused when his signing was first announced. Why anyone would play him at fullback is a bit perplexing

He could find himself down the pecking order this International Season
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It would be a monumental mistake to go the Tahs, IMHO. I acknowledge that the writing is in the sand and it's pretty much set in stone but both Mitchell and Valentine have starting spots here, I can't imagine they would be given the same luxury at the Tahs *assuming Valentine follows Drew*. Valentine will be behind Burgess, unless he pulls something spectacular out for the rest of the season, and Drew will be behind the Tuqiri and Turner with his best chance of a regular start at fullback, which hasn't really been a strong point this season.

Also if they are supposedly following Gits then why go to the Tahs? Giteau won't be there.

I honestly hope they both stay but if they don't its not as if its the end of the Force, we have plenty of players coming up through the ranks and the prospects are good, we need to learn to harness the talents we have and invest in a sustainable future not just the big names. There's talent that the Force have helped to shine and we need to focus on keeping them and developing more of them.

vCash
    perhaps the Tahs require Drew as their new SNK.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Not that I'm that fussed about Drew Mitchell going to the Brumbies but if it is true and he is making an announcement this week I expect he just might... be training at the famed Griffith oval next year…

I don't think the Tahs have had time to persuade him to come to Sydney... especially as their coach is not proven at S14 level. Mitchell and his manager have been talking to the Brumbies or some time now, since last year in fact... and if he thinks its best to announce it in the bye week for the sake of the team, he has made this decision some time ago... Brumbies...

However I think possibly Clyde Rathbone wont be re-signed next year which does bring a little sadness open me as I’m a fan of his past work…

Note to players never play and hide your enduring injuries as it will all catch up with you and could end your career early….

vCash
    based on?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    If I was Drew and looking at teams to play for,the Tahs would be the bottom of my list.Why would you want to go and play that ugly style of rugby,you'd never get the ball and would probably have to kick it when you did get hold of it.
    So if he did go there it wouldnt be for the great rugby that they play.

vCash
    NO NO NO NO!

Drew is a loss. He has played 20-something times for the Wallabies and I'm sorry you are wrong he is a good player on his day.

Lets not write him off. Please. Drew is not a crap player! After reading this thread I'm all but spewing guys! He is a member of our team, surely you'd want to keep him? Whoever said Digby - you want to get rid of Drew to sign Digby? Drew hasn't even run off to his mummy and we are all saying bull about him and yet we are willing to welcome back the boy who broke his contract to take his spot? I thought we weren't for buying players who don't really want to be here... Digby made it clear recently that he didn't REALLY want to be here. He's changed his mind but I'm not actually convinced...

Until the ink is on the page Drew is considered a member of MY TEAM for next season - enough of the slagging off!

PLEASE not the tahs Drew. Seriously. I don't think I would handle that. I mean for God's sake LOTE plays for them! Don't do this to me! Jeeezz. Anyway, why does he think he can play fullback! Honestly, I REEEEEALLY don't think he's worth much there. Gerrad is more of a shot at 15 than Drew is, seriously! When he gets this through his thick brain then he'll resign with us. Damn him for not coming over to talk to us on Saturday! I was going to point it out to him how crap the tahs are!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    based on?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    my magic box of numbers jargs... or perhaps common sense... the kid has been around the block and been well schooled at the Eastern Force.... now he knows where to be get the long-term Wallabies contract… Mitchell doesn't need to choose another IF team to sign with... now its what ever helps his long-term international career....Sherlock

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    An anecdote if I may.

There was once a company undergoing new owners and restructure and all the workers were told their jobs were up on the line.

The day before the new regime each person was called into the office of the boss.
    Laid in front of them was a statement of redundancy entitlements, some with very big numbers on them.

The boss then had 2 options.

Some employees were told, “We really want you for the new company, here’s a cheque for $xxxxx as a sign on bonus and those redundancy entitlements roll over to the new company”

Other employees were told, “Thanks’ for your previous work, and the redundancy is all that we are offering you as we don’t think you will fit in with the new structure, as you are disruptive and don’t have a great work ethic. We suggest when you walk out of here you say that you have taken the money and taking a different path in the future”

Of those not offered the sign on bonus, some walked out and took the bosses advice and went on to prosper elsewhere.

Some walked out and told everyone they had been sacked.

As the sector they worked in was very small all their future job prospects wondered “why did they sack this one” and they never really prospered after that.

What I am saying is that don’t blame RWA if we don’t keep certain players. More goes on behind those closed doors then you could imagine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    be training at the famed Griffith oval next year…
    famed?
    everywhere but outside canberra maybe

vCash
    It's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from him.
    Drew won't make the run-on team at the tahs. It'll be the end of him.
    Goodbye and good luck.
    We can now poach a winger with real talent

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    he is a good player on his day.
    That says it all
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    my magic box of numbers jargs... or perhaps common sense... the kid has been around the block and been well schooled at the Eastern Force.... now he knows where to be get the long-term Wallabies contract… Mitchell doesn't need to choose another IF team to sign with... now its what ever helps his long-term international career....Sherlock
    no need to be a patronising dickhead about it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    An anecdote if I may.

There was once a company undergoing new owners and restructure and all the workers were told their jobs were up on the line.

The day before the new regime each person was called into the office of the boss.
    Laid in front of them was a statement of redundancy entitlements, some with very big numbers on them.

The boss then had 2 options.

Some employees were told, “We really want you for the new company, here’s a cheque for $xxxxx as a sign on bonus and those redundancy entitlements roll over to the new company”

Other employees were told, “Thanks’ for your previous work, and the redundancy is all that we are offering you as we don’t think you will fit in with the new structure, as you are disruptive and don’t have a great work ethic. We suggest when you walk out of here you say that you have taken the money and taking a different path in the future”

Of those not offered the sign on bonus, some walked out and took the bosses advice and went on to prosper elsewhere.

Some walked out and told everyone they had been sacked.

As the sector they worked in was very small all their future job prospects wondered “why did they sack this one” and they never really prospered after that.

What I am saying is that don’t blame RWA if we don’t keep certain players. More goes on behind those closed doors then you could imagine.
    Hush money
    Make a list. There is plenty of substandard players on the books. Cull the dead wood and recruit some new talent.

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    That says it all
    Posted via Mobile Device
    He does have a lot of days that are good though. Everyone does. No player is perfect - no player is always having a good day - thats why I say on his day he is good and most of his days are good. He's just not having his best days at the moment. It's weird how most of his best days happen in Wallaby gold not Force blue It's a little depressing, actually...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast