Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TWF meeting with Western Force 14 June 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't see supporters' club tours having any conflict with innForcers. The Supporters Club stuff will be expensive, hosted by some rugby personality after-dinner-speaker, will have all sorts of restrictions and be covered by so many organisational policies and hoo-hah, that most of the current innForcers will stick with the "unsanitised" version.

I can't imagine an incorporated body with actual ties to a professional sporting organisation being allowed to do such things as a pub count for long (poor image and such like)
    -_- yes... I had realised this. given RWA had the massivley expensive japan trip this year.
    i was just maybe being a bit facetious

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I don't see supporters' club tours having any conflict with innForcers. The Supporters Club stuff will be expensive, hosted by some rugby personality after-dinner-speaker, will have all sorts of restrictions and be covered by so many organisational policies and hoo-hah, that most of the current innForcers will stick with the "unsanitised" version.

I can't imagine an incorporated body with actual ties to a professional sporting organisation being allowed to do such things as a pub count for long (poor image and such like)
    Not neccesarily as that will probably be something organised by the Force themselves.

To cite an example, The Shed supporters group from the Perth Glory are an official supporter group and they orgnaise social functions icluding organised viewings of away games (At The Elephant and the Wheelbarrow I think), away trips under the "Tour of Duty" banner.

There are also the Perth Essendon Dopers (Bombers) Supporters Club as well as Perth based Supporters Club of the St Kilda AFL club, both of these are frequently at The Game Sports Bar in Northbridge for viewings of all the games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Not neccesarily as that will probably be something organised by the Force themselves.

To cite an example, The Shed supporters group from the Perth Glory are an official supporter group and they orgnaise social functions icluding organised viewings of away games (At The Elephant and the Wheelbarrow I think), away trips under the "Tour of Duty" banner.

There are also the Perth Essendon Dopers (Bombers) Supporters Club as well as Perth based Supporters Club of the St Kilda AFL club, both of these are frequently at The Game Sports Bar in Northbridge for viewings of all the games.
    My Son-in-Law is part of the Shed Supporters group, and although he now lives in QLD regularly joins them for what he terms "Tour of Duty" ... I will see what he says and how it was set up...

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    1 question I do have is we all talk about talented players at the force.. It seems we have lost a lot of young players who haven't had a chance to play and gone off to other teams and become really top players ...Example are James Hilgendoff,, Mitch Inman,, Mark Swanepoel,, Justin Turner,, Brock James ,, Such a pity as they could have been the foundation of our stocks with the few great players we have now..
    Mark did address this a bit. He stated the importance of the Future Force in hopes that will buy loyalty to some young players. But he said the real key is to make this a winning organisation so people will want to stay here and the ARU will be forced to recognise our talent when it comes to Wallabie selections.

I think an example of the commitment to winning that Mark stressed during our chat was on display today with the move with Foley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    -_- yes... I had realised this. given RWA had the massivley expensive japan trip this year.
    i was just maybe being a bit facetious
    AndyS & PintofWhisky tried to get an Innforcers tour of Japan, but no-one else could make it (I had work commitments). Not sure if they'd have beaten the African tour pub count record.

We might get a trip to Buenos Aires next year!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3