Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ecky's referees excuse thread

Player
    vCash
    I just wonder whether the touchie could have used the TMO to confirm stanners foot in touch from the kick after a try is scored.He was certainly very quick to use the TMO when stanners scored in the corner.

Hopefully he has seen the replay a hundred times and has nightmares about that call.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I don't think there was any bias from the referee he just made a lot of bad decisions. It's an interpretative thing and an ability thing.

The commentary was reasonable. They pointed out every bad call without bias.
    Agreed.

Leckie seems to be very erratic in his refereeing performances. He's had the occasional good game this season but last night was very poor. However, it wasn't Leckie that called Staniforth to be in touch - it was his assistant. Dickinson wasn't it ??

As for the commentators, there's nothing new. Regardless of last nights performance, there should be a significant change out of commentators on Foxsports. Greg Martin is just an opinionated idiot and should be dropped immediately. Then there's Kearns, the one-eyed 'Tah man who whilst not an idiot is not doing himself nor rugby commentary any favours. Someone should have a quiet word with him if he wants to continue. Rod Kafir is by a long way the most intelligent of the four and whilst he has a natural leaning to the Brumbies he manages to keep a perspective to his comments. Greg Clark is unfortunately the main man who should be able to stay above the drivel but on occassion he can't help himself. Again, a quiet word is required. Bring in Brendan to replace the idiot and then find an ex-back to replace Kearns next season.

In the meantime let's just savour the moment .

Is there a new shirt to be printed ??

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    another cock up.alleged forward pass
    this guy should never ref another super 14 game
    aFTER THE LAST COCK UP GAME THIS GUY REFFED I am surprised to see hes be given another guy he just lost the plot when Sharpie questioned him he kinf back away as to say yeh I been tough on you and I am sorry and then penalised the Tahs a few times and told them that next time is a straight arm
    In component big time.........

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I just wonder whether the touchie could have used the TMO to confirm stanners foot in touch from the kick after a try is scored.He was certainly very quick to use the TMO when stanners scored in the corner.

Hopefully he has seen the replay a hundred times and has nightmares about that call.
    I agree cookie why cant they use the TMO after all it was a poss try no different that seeing whether the ball is over the try line...........

Last edited by Jehna; 19-04-09 at 17:09. Reason: Spelling - I'm not sure Cookie wants to be called cockie :)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    Bring in Brendan to replace the idiot and then find an ex-back to replace Kearns next season.
    I think I said this somewhere else before... Anyone think it's a coincidence Cannon commentater I think ALL the previous Australian games this round and they left him out of the force game? I don't...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post

No can do: the TMO can only rule on stuff in the in goal area. Can't even rule on whether a forward pass preceded the grounding (or attempt thereat). Only in goal. Certainly not half way down the field.

vCash
    Apart from our undying admiration of the refs efforts this weekend Sic what actually happens to him - will someone official take him aside and gently (or possibly not) explain the function of the TMO, breakdowns, how to spot cheating in the scrum etc..

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    He, and the ARs and TMO, all get an assessor, whose job it is to provide a score for each person's role in the game.

I still haven't seen the replay, but have seen the AR's touch call for one of the non-allowed tries. He shall score lower than expected. I imagine that Leckie (no relation, we are merely a rhyming couplet, nothing more...) may well have to deal with a low score, based on the feedback from this site and others. That being the case, his next few weeks' appointments may alter. (I know he is - or was last Saturday - to be in SA for round 12. He may be revised to AR from #1 in that game)

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Im suprised you havent had a call from the blind institute to hand back your cane to their new client,one J Leckie & if you had a spare for his esteemed assistant

vCash
    ecky if mitchell had gounded the ball, could leckie have gone upstairs and asked if there was any reason why he could not award the try, even although the flag went up.....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    wondered the same at the time, Slomo ...

Mind you, the AR was in the perfect position to get a view of Staniforths foot so Leckie wouldn;t have felt he needed to second guess the AR, but . I do wonder why he (AR) didn't actually raise his flag until he looked up to see where the ball was headed after staniforth had kicked it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    Agreed.

Leckie seems to be very erratic in his refereeing performances. He's had the occasional good game this season but last night was very poor.
    I disagree, I've seen Leckie ref a few Super 14 games this season, not all involving the either. Round 2, while my temper was still piqued after the Blues game he reffed a game between 2 Kiwi teams....was just as bad, he seems to make predetermined decisions about players and ref them accordingly, Bam seems to be one of his favourite targets, the poor guy can't pick a ball up without using hands in the ruck....even if the ruck hasn't formed.....

As for the scoring system which penalises him based upon bad performances....I'd like to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath...he's had at least 4 bad games this year and he's still here....how long does it take?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I disagree, I've seen Leckie ref a few Super 14 games this season, not all involving the either. Round 2, while my temper was still piqued after the Blues game he reffed a game between 2 Kiwi teams....was just as bad, he seems to make predetermined decisions about players and ref them accordingly, Bam seems to be one of his favourite targets, the poor guy can't pick a ball up without using hands in the ruck....even if the ruck hasn't formed.....

As for the scoring system which penalises him based upon bad performances....I'd like to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath...he's had at least 4 bad games this year and he's still here....how long does it take?
    u r spot on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Goddard still seems to get a gig after he was stood down for a week

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but way back at the very first "Western Force Gold" vs Manu Samoa game, didn't Leckie come on after half time (due to an injury to the first ref) and turn an entertaining free-flowing game into a farce as well???

I think he's hated us for a while..................

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but way back at the very first "Western Force Gold" vs Manu Samoa game, didn't Leckie come on after half time (due to an injury to the first ref) and turn an entertaining free-flowing game into a farce as well???

I think he's hated us for a while..................
    I am of that opinion as well......... What I hate is he is nit picker prick he has forgotten there are people who paid alot of money some sporting entertainment. Just as well we are off to SA at least they have better ref's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast