Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Qantas Wallabies Team to play France for the Trophée des Bicentenaries named

Champion
    vCash
    There are a few things a coach cannot control. Palu playing the ball from an offside position = 3 points. Phipps incorrectly feeding the scrum ( Basic schoolboy stuff) - 7 points, KB kicking the ball dead from a restart....18 missed tackles in first half, Penalty try in the scum, WTF were these guys doing in the days before the match??? Were they out celebrating Mitch Marsh's 21st?

Who would want to coach this tribe of prima donnas?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    CLL??
    Ditto Vitamin boy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    CLL??
    Christian lealiifano
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    Christian lealiifano
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Ah ok! Thanks :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    There are a few things a coach cannot control. Palu playing the ball from an offside position = 3 points. Phipps incorrectly feeding the scrum ( Basic schoolboy stuff) - 7 points, KB kicking the ball dead from a restart....18 missed tackles in first half, Penalty try in the scum, WTF were these guys doing in the days before the match??? Were they out celebrating Mitch Marsh's 21st?

Who would want to coach this tribe of prima donnas?
    The bolded are ALL things that the coach can control. In fact as you say in red its all simple school boy stuff, it is the bread and butter of training. The question that SHOULD be asked is WTF do they DO at training to make so many simple school boy errors in an international.

They are in disarray, mentally at six and sevens, have been all year starting with loss to Scotland. They have played without any confidence or semblance of a game plan. Every single win apart from Rosario was a fluke, usually coming from behind for a narrow late win. The losses we have been absolutely smashed, huge scoreless loss to ABs when they butchered three or four tries over the tryline, a shallacking in SA and this insipid effort.

The current team (including coach) is not going anywhere except backwards. Like the Force last year, it will take ages to train them out of this state. Luckily the Force only has Cummins exposed (Sheehan is protected by a pine forest)

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    If Robbie Deans has had to spend training time showing a professional 9 how to feed a scrum... or a professional 10 restart...then we really are in dire straights.

Prior to the Penalty Try our scrum had 2 penalties awarded against it???? do we have props that are slow learners???? I heard the commentators say the French TH weighed 109Kgs and HE dicked Kepu. How much does Kepu weigh - 115 plus?

I am on the same page questioning our coach so please don't interpret my comments as any defence of his work because we lacked penetration and ideas. My comments were jaw dropping "What kinda players have got???"

vCash
    There's no hard evidence to back this up but here goes. I think Burgs' comment re our strongest team not performing a hell of a lot better may close to the mark. There seems to be too many players in a comfort zone with their position in the squad. I think there are two possible reasons. One is the insane contracting system. The second is the spineless decisions being made when serial offenders continue bringing the game into disrepute.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    There's no hard evidence to back this up but here goes. I think Burgs' comment re our strongest team not performing a hell of a lot better may close to the mark. There seems to be too many players in a comfort zone with their position in the squad. I think there are two possible reasons. One is the insane contracting system. The second is the spineless decisions being made when serial offenders continue bringing the game into disrepute.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    And all Mongrel has been left at a pub because there's non on the pitch.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Not the pub; the hair salon or the fashion designer rather! Big girls' blouses, all of them! (Except Sharpe, the HB and Sheeno )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Prior to the Penalty Try our scrum had 2 penalties awarded against it???? do we have props that are slow learners???? I heard the commentators say the French TH weighed 109Kgs and HE dicked Kepu. How much does Kepu weigh - 115 plus?
    Three things:
    1. Yes, our props do seem to be incapable of learning, but they aren't the only position like that - there seems to be a complete lack of rugby smarts all round the paddock, meaning that when the game plan isn't working, the players seem incapable of changing things.
    2. Scrummaging isn't just brute strength, weight alone isn't enough, you need technique, and no-one gets to prop for the French (or really any 6-nations side) without great technique.
    3. Kepu might weigh over 115, but he always looks to me like he's carrying at least 5kg of fat. (And don't get me started on Robinson!) Neither Mas nor Forestier look like they have any fat on them.

vCash
    Australia put JOC on tv as a poster boy, the French use Chabal.

Nuff said.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    I had avoided this site, and the news, as i wanted to catch a replay. however, there were none i could find. I finally came and had a look. oh how sad to hear, and happy i didn't set myself up to watch the rubbish. Though i may watch it and go for France, they start with "F" and end with "E", and wear blue, so could probably squint a bit and pretend.

oh dear, there are so many issues... how can a forward pack that didn't play great at super level, play good against a 6N country?

Answer: they cannot.

back line. I like beale at 10. can't comment on his performance, but we have no zazz in the backline (anywhere in australia really). I really don't know who should go where. but phipps off. from his last few tests, too many passes going to high, should be hitting the bread basket EVERY time. That is the first change.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Three things:
    1. Yes, our props do seem to be incapable of learning, but they aren't the only position like that - there seems to be a complete lack of rugby smarts all round the paddock, meaning that when the game plan isn't working, the players seem incapable of changing things.
    2. Scrummaging isn't just brute strength, weight alone isn't enough, you need technique, and no-one gets to prop for the French (or really any 6-nations side) without great technique.
    3. Kepu might weigh over 115, but he always looks to me like he's carrying at least 5kg of fat. (And don't get me started on Robinson!) Neither Mas nor Forestier look like they have any fat on them.
    AGREED.

My point regarding Props is that, once you get to professional level, you aught to have the right technique, if not...then a lightweight will dick you.

We are soft... end of story... we are still playing the game as though it is a contact sport... WAKE-UP it is not a contact sport it is a COLLISION sport.

These guys get paid the same money win or lose - there is one problem...

When they draw or win a game...so much smoke gets blown up their derrier they think their farts don't smell...

There is an inherent cultural problem in Australian Rugby... Let's start changing it here and now....

1. You are expected to win... so don't expect praise when you just do what is expected against whomever..it does not matter.

2. You are not expected to lose...if you do...then do the right thing and hand back your pay cheque or donate it to a worthy cause.

In my estimation 20 of the guys that took to the field last Saturday night in Paris still had fuel in their tank when they came off. An absolute travesty...

vCash
    The biggest issue is that in junior levels all the good technical props are ignored because they don’t offer much around the park only at set piece time. Coach’s then look to convert back rowers into props. Kepu was an 8 as a junior then at 18 swapped to prop.

Even this years under 20s the best player for Aus at the tournament was Curtis Browning who played 6.Guess what position the coach’s over east are turning him into now....you got it a prop.

People think that if you stack on a few kilos and a bit of muscle you will be a scrumming freak it just doesn’t work that way.

Last edited by GAFFA; 13-11-12 at 09:38.
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the AB's get on over the next few weeks.
    ABs were awesome (Carter exceptional).

Here's a question, should the Wallabies beat England end of this week, will all be forgotten and forgiven?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast