Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Perth Gold vs Perth Kiwi

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    SBW, don't be too hard on RugbyWA (God, I never thought I'd ever be saying this) because some clubs don't reveal their recruits to RugbyWA until the last minute to avoid disruption of club training by representative duties and poaching approaches by other clubs prior to the recruits having an opportunity to form a loyalty bond with the club that recruited them.

I recall some years ago my club had a well known star recruit who was billitted by me for a few weeks. His address and phone number was given to the then WARU as my phone no and address as he had no other.

Within two days of the rego's going in I received two phone calls from the presidents of two senior clubs asking for him. In the second call I pretended I was him and heard a mouthful of abuse and criticism of my club and a very generous offer to jump clubs.

Where did they get his contact particulars I wonder?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    SBW, don't be too hard on RugbyWA

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    SBW, don't be too hard on RugbyWA (God, I never thought I'd ever be saying this) because some clubs don't reveal their recruits to RugbyWA until the last minute to avoid disruption of club training by representative duties and poaching approaches by other clubs prior to the recruits having an opportunity to form a loyalty bond with the club that recruited them.

I recall some years ago my club had a well known star recruit who was billitted by me for a few weeks. His address and phone number was given to the then WARU as my phone no and address as he had no other.

Within two days of the rego's going in I received two phone calls from the presidents of two senior clubs asking for him. In the second call I pretended I was him and heard a mouthful of abuse and criticism of my club and a very generous offer to jump clubs.

Where did they get his contact particulars I wonder?

did he accept?

there's a limit of how much pasta one can eat, Fulvio

Rookie
    vCash
    Whilst 20 years ago coming to Perth for most kiwis was part of a world tour of travelling, using their rugby skills to have a base to set themselves up with accommodation and work things are different now, especially with so many levels in NZ, many hope coming over here will help them get noticed and to "crack" the next level. What is wrong with supporting someone who wants something enough to move countries to try and get there?

vCash
    I never told him, Gunna.

And no, there isn't.

vCash
    By the way, Italian cusine is not restricted to pasta.

Did you know that per capita New Zealanders eat more pasta than Italians? The difference is that Italians eat it fresh, with salsa Bolognese, al olio, al burro, carbonara, al aglio, con pesto, marinara, con acciuge, con salsicce, arabiata, putanese and about fifty other ways.

Kiwis eat it out of a tin marked Hienze Spaghettios.

vCash
    I dont think heinz is a NZ company, Fulvio

I never suggested that italian cusine was restricted to pasta,Fulvio

vino is always an essential component

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Watties

vCash
    This is the Force "A" squad from Thursday evening - I'm confident only TWO of these players lined up with Perth GOLD so tired leg's shouldn't be mentioned. I saw several former Perth Junior club players doing their thing for the kiwis team, so I don't understand where these negative comments towards the Kiwis are coming from - clearly ill-informed!! It was a GREAT game up untill the lights come on and coincidentally the game became very scrappy.

1. Tetera Faulkner (Waneroo)
    2. Ben Whittaker (Cottesloe)
    3. Salesi Manu (Palmyra)
    4. Jake Ball (Palmyra)
    5. Phoenix Battye (Waneroo)
    6. Nick Haining (Cottesloe)
    7. Ryan Hodson (Cottesloe - captain)
    8. Anare Koliavu (Palmyra)
    9. Tyler Berry (Waneroo)
    10. Wes Roberts (Waneroo)
    11. Juan Pretorius (Nedlands)
    12. Andy Finn (University)
    13. Ammon Matuato (Associates)
    14. Matt Venter (Nedlands)
    15. Chance Bunce (Wests Subiaco)
    Reserves
    16. Joe Savage (Palmyra)
    17. Elvis Taione (Palmyra)
    18. Ollie Hoskins (Cottesloe)
    19. Brent Murphy (Perth Bayswater)
    20. Richard Hardwick (University)
    21. Ryan Louwrens (Cottesloe)
    22. Teava Te Rangi (Wests Subiaco)
    23. Brad Lacey (Wests Subiaco)
    24. Trent Vatseilas (Palmyra)
    25. Nick Lekkimlin (Cottesloe)

.........also i'd like to know why FOUR former (2010-11) Academy players are lining up for Rebles & Brumbies - Isaiah MOSESE, Paul ALO-EMILE, Zack HOLMES & Silvia SILVIA and where's Chance PENI - Newcastle knights? Havn't we wanted LOCAL LADS from the Perth Junior Rugby comp' lining up wtih the Force or is it because PENI and MOSESE only went to Aramore or Thornlie SHS? We don't want to be called a FRANCHISE every time these Eastern Staters open their mouths - We all here it on the box etc, the Eastern States well knock us (WA) untill we start rolling out more local lads into the Force.

"Roam wasn't build in a day, but i'm sure a road or bridge was."

Last edited by Pacman; 26-02-12 at 06:19.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    By the look of that Elvis Taione must have got the bench hooking spot from Ben Whittaker

vCash
    Luke Holmes was never a acadamy player,he was an inaugral member of the force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Luke Holmes was never a acadamy player,he was an inaugral member of the force
    Sorry - I meant Zack Holmes, he was in the Force academy at some stage and picked up by White in August for the Brumbies.

vCash
    RugbyWA’s representative side, Perth Gold, made their opening foray into battle in 2012 with a high quality and entertaining clash against fellow rep outfit Perth Kiwi at Pat O’Hara Reserve in Morley.

The match was a first between the sides with the Perth Kiwis being made up of New Zealanders who now call WA home while Perth Gold continued a long tradition in which the brightest talents from the Premier Grade and development squads earned their chance to wear the state colours.

There was no shortage of action from either side with Perth Gold holding a handy lead at the break before the Kiwis stormed back in the second half to claim the inaugural Mike Denton Cup 25-19. The match trophy was named in honour of Nedlands flyhalf and former Perth Gold representative Mike Denton who tragically passed away in 2011 while on holiday in Bali.

The New Zealanders were intent on making an impact from the outset and were the first to cross for five points. Perth Gold regathered and began to pressure the Kiwi defensive line to generate some good forward plays. Despite Gold’s dominance they were unable to capitalise on the opportunities until late in the first half when they scored three successive tries.

With a 14 point advantage at half time Perth Gold were in the box seat however the Kiwis increased their efforts at the breakdown and started to win quality ball from the tackle zone. Some great distribution from flyhalf Raa Wilson saw the Kiwi side attack the fringes and score three unanswered tries to hold a one point lead with five minutes to play.

Despite their best efforts the Perth Gold boys were unable to reign in their opponents and a try to the New Zealanders right on the final siren saw the final margin grow to six points.

Perth Kiwi flyhalf Raa Wilson, winger Benny Titoki, No 8 Pierre Roberts and Lock James Riddell impressed Perth Gold Coach Dwayne Nestor with their solid performances and have been invited to join the Perth Gold squad for their upcoming games.

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvents...9/Default.aspx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RUGBYWA View Post

Perth Kiwi flyhalf Raa Wilson, winger Benny Titoki, No 8 Pierre Roberts and Lock James Riddell impressed Perth Gold Coach Dwayne Nestor with their solid performances and have been invited to join the Perth Gold squad for their upcoming games.
    Congratulations to these boys for selection into the Perth Gold squad

Apprentice
    vCash
    Not sure where you get your info PACMAN and SWB - seems you are misinformed.

Firstly I want to say that the Kiwi team played some great football and deserved the win!

Although PG has done a long off season we continuously invite new players to the group. In fact the PG backline that played did not even have a full session together as a result of continues changes to the Force A. The following players are Gold players thats progressed through to play in the Force A in the last 2 weeks. Now how much time have we really spent together as a team?

8. Anare Koliavu (Palmyra)
    9. Tyler Berry (Waneroo)
    10. Wes Roberts (Waneroo)
    11. Juan Pretorius (Nedlands)
    12. Andy Finn (University)
    13. Ammon Matuato (Associates)
    14. Matt Venter (Nedlands) - played PG on Sat
    15. Chance Bunce (Wests Subiaco)
    16. Joe Savage (Palmyra) - played PG on Sat
    19. Brent Murphy (Perth Bayswater) - played PG on Sat
    20. Richard Hardwick (University) - played PG on Sat
    21. Ryan Louwrens (Cottesloe) - played PG on Sat
    22. Teava Te Rangi (Wests Subiaco) - played PG on Sat
    23. Brad Lacey (Wests Subiaco) - played PG on Sat
    24. Trent Vatseilas (Palmyra) - played PG on Sat
    25. Nick Lekkimlin (Cottesloe)

We invite players to the Gold sessions if:
    1 - They can commit to the program - 2 players of the kiwi side has been invited and given 3 opportunities to come down and all 3 times they didn't turn up without a text, call or any comms - don't care who you are - if you don't respect the game and it's people and don't have discipline your opportunities will be taken away

2- Intend to remain in Perth for longer than a season - this is hard to determine but we stay in contact with all Premier grade coaches to provide us with feedback and info on new players - as a result we now have a hand full of those boys in the team.

3 - Age - although we are aware of having a good balance between young and experienced players - what is the point in using 33 year olds through out the team. This is not developing rugby in WA. What we do instead is using guys like Joe Savage that is arguably the best 1 in Perth to mentor some other upcoming players in the group while we are obviously confident he still gets the job done on the field. There were a few players that played in Perth for a while and played for Kiwi that might be the best in their position but is at the back end of their rugby careers that will not play any higher level. Now should we give those players the opportunity or a 19 year old with potential to still play on those higher levels. In fact we had Harry Scoble, Kane Koteka, Richard Hardwick, Corey (all boys that started and is only 17 or 18)

lastly - attitude - there are a number of players in Perth that are amongst the best in their positions but have a poor attitude. The game of rugby is bigger than all of us and I think I speak for all senior coaches in clubs and at Rugby WA if I say that we would much rather develop a youngster with the right attitude than baby sitting an experienced player that is all about himself and not the team!!

Hope this clear up a few of the points previously discussed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast