Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stadium upgrade could be done in 18 months, claims mayor

vCash
    as long as the force can play at MES in 2010

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    They built a whole new stadium for the Llanelli Scarlett in under a year. It looks great too if a little short on seats

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/stadium/

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    - Anticipated start of construction of upgrade would be Feb next year if they get go-ahead from Government this year.
    why start at the start of the playing season? why not AFTER the season?

They did that same craziness at Leederville Oval or whatever TF its called now, right before the start of the WAFL season. Sat in the stand looking at huge piles of sand for most of the season.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    why start at the start of the playing season? why not AFTER the season?
    You think that A government and probably a Union (CFMEU) project would have any logic to it?

If 18 months is the construction period, obviously it will impact both Football and Rugby, UNLESS Rugby stays at Subi until completion, which you would think they would.

I wonder If the Glory would in fact continue to play at MES through the construction, they Played at Arena Joondalup when MES was first redeveloped, I wonder if they would look to do something similar to that. Every way I think about it, the construction period of 18 months will impact at least a season and a half for the Glory (unless it started today )

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    as long as the force can play at MES in 2010

I think the likelyhood of the Force playing its regular season matches at MES for the 2010 season is pretty remote.

If they did so - they would loose $$$,$$$ from the corporates they are unable to look after.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    If it is 18 month from February 2010, I wuldn't count on playing at MES 2011 either. But when they say it will take 18 months, it will depend on the construction methodology. If the idea is some Subi style concrete monolith, then yeah, it will be your typical Multiplex/Leighton clusterf***. But that is not how everywhere else in the world delivers fast, low cost stadia - they use steel. In that case, the stand would largely comprise prefabricated units and, while there will be some ground works (particularly levelling and piling), it won't take a year and a half. Design would be committed in February, the rest of the year used in other upgrade works and steel prefab for the stand, with groundworks maybe around the end of the year and grandstand installation early 2011.

MES currently claims 34 corporate boxes and 13 executive suites, so what they must be talking about is additional suites rather than the cubicle type areas in the existing grandstand. They will presumably be retained, but I would like to see them have a look at refitting the existing stand - there really does seem to be a lot of wasted space as it is currently laid out. I assume some refit is inevitable anyway, for coaches boxes and broadcasting facilities as a minimum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3