Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ARU take their time over Henjak

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Next you are going to tell me the Easter Bunny is a lie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    P.S. There's no Santa.
    WHAT?!?

I made Happy sad...

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    My guess is that they weren't prepared for RWA to actually recommend the sack. I've heard that someone has been at the shredder all week feeding through the press releases that they had prepared in advance. Most of them had headlines like "ARU says penalty is too light", "Force give another slap on wrist", "RugbyNSW to take over RugbyWA at end of year" etc..etc...

I just think they are so shocked with the decision that they actually didn't consider it an option and therefore it is taking them so long to get their act together. They don't even have good communication to inform the public of rugby news, I wonder how bad their internal communications are. I can just see O'Neill sitting in a nice office sending out morse code to other ARU bosses about the meeting next week to discuss this.

vCash
    And what about the Valentine's chicken?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    The ARU executive all dancing around a fire singing "Koom By Ah" while John O'Neil does the smoke signals

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Word on the street is that we "may" get a decision today, but most likely tomorrow.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    The ARU "John O'Neil", Has got the decision he wanted from RugbyWA. The ARU should over turn the decision. Henjak will cop a massive fine and suspension, including being forced (sorry bad pun) to go to anger management etc. The main thing is Henjak has seen that he can lose his contract if he doesn't sort him out self quickly and permanently.

ARU just wanted to see if RugbyWA had the balls to make the decision.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Fullback; 21-02-08 at 11:56. Reason: Typo..damn one handed typing :(
    Go The Force!

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    So is he contracted to the ARU who 'rent' him out to the Force, or does he have a contract with the Force and the ARU.

Surely if Force did not want him anymore there is no way the ARU can stop them getting rid of him.

Of course, any decision the ARU makes does not mean the Force actually have to play him. I'm sure a few weeks of not making the 22 and he'd be the one asking to be released.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    The ARU will have to accept the RugbyWA decision, after they demanded stiff penalties. The only other option would be for them to keep his ARU contract in place and ask another franchise to pick him up, can't see that happening.

I think he should be made to play out the entire season for Cottesloe (I think thats his club) and then see if he can make a selection for another S14 side next season.
    BTW - the RugbyWA webmaster has moved fast. Checked the player profiles to check with Perth team Henjack was tied to and he' no longer on the web site.

vCash
    True.

I just think this whole thing was:

"ARU just wanted to see if RugbyWA had the balls to make the decision."

imho

Go The Force!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post
    ask another franchise to pick him up, can't see that happening.
    Really? The Brumbies only have two scrumhalves and one of them is Phibbs.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    AndyS after all the bad publicity - really can't see anyone saying "yeah, he's a great guy, love to have him in our team"....

No, his best option IMHO would be to lay out for the season and maybe try next year. He's still only 26, potentially another 4 years (at least) of high level playing in him. Just think he needs to get off the radar and see if he can reinvent himself. He's been handed lots of opportunities and chances only to screw up again.
    If the Brumbies took him on, the ARU would be seen as caveing in and double standards - we all know that they have them - but they desperately need something good to shout about.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    But he is one of theirs, and if the ARU had already given him a pass but the Force had stood firm...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullback View Post
    The ARU "John O'Neil", Has got the decision he wanted from RugbyWA. The ARU should over turn the decision. Henjak will cop a massive fine and suspension, including being forced (sorry bad pun) to go to anger management etc. The main thing is Henjak has seen that he can lose his contract if he doesn't sort him out self quickly and permanently.

ARU just wanted to see if RugbyWA had the balls to make the decision.

Just my thoughts.
    I would be stoked if this was true but I dunno. Having said that if O'Neil really is on a power trip and that is all then him over ruling RugbyWA would be an interesting way of expressing that power once again. I'm wondering if Robbie Deans can have any influence here. I get the feeling he's more interesting in fielding a good wallabies squad regardless of off field discretions and that would have to include Henjak. Perhaps the ARU can see this as well? Perhaps they are realising what a loss to Australian rugby he really would be....who knows...i mean they've kept on tuqiri for so long you'd have to say there is an element of what's best for earning a win that comes into this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    So is he contracted to the ARU who 'rent' him out to the Force, or does he have a contract with the Force and the ARU.

Surely if Force did not want him anymore there is no way the ARU can stop them getting rid of him.

Of course, any decision the ARU makes does not mean the Force actually have to play him. I'm sure a few weeks of not making the 22 and he'd be the one asking to be released.
    My understanding is that he has contracts with both. Right now, he can no longer play for the EWF but he is still an Aussie rugby player. If the ARU confirm the findings then he is kicked out of Australian rugby all together. If the ARU don't release him then any aussie club including the western force can resign him. I could be wrong though...just my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by hopep View Post
    I think he should be made to play out the entire season for Cottesloe (I think thats his club) and then see if he can make a selection for another S14 side next season.
    Not a bad idea. Cott is his club. Sounds quite similar to AFL style penalties.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    i mean they've kept on tuqiri for so long you'd have to say there is an element of what's best for earning a win that comes into this stuff.
    ...this is Tuquiri we're talking about right? Mr 'They don't give me the ball, that's the only reason I don't score'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast