Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Round 3 Preview - Match of the Round Wests v Kalamunda

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Westie, sounds like new home is awesome. Looking forward to a frothy next week.
    Hansie and frothy go together
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    19 -19 rocky soaks both ref and assistants should be ashamed of themselves a player gets spear tackled in front of you both you call a penalty then after the soaks captain has a chat and a whinge you both say not sure which player it was you saw the tackle you called the penalty the two players stood up just what did you not see you are a disgrace to the game !

All games are recorded. Citing possible
    We (Referees) also review all our game videos midweek, if it's as bad as you say I am sure the ref will be disappointed that they didn't pick it up in the game and award the proper sanction. Obviously I make the assumption that your description is correct, as I only have your side to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    True, but a citing only affects that team and the next few played - not the opponents in the original match.

While people are in the thread - what's the offside law at a quick throw? As per prior the ball going into touch, not possible to be offside, or something else?
    If you are offside and advance to prevent a QT you may be penalised (depending on if you successful affect the play), once the QT is no longer available, offsides are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    NTT can you give us your opinion on Bennet Park line markings
    It was clear there were the white touch lines and the blue rugby lines, but to me it was very easy to tell the difference and I had no problems. The white touch lines were faded and not very thick, where the rugby lines were clear and proper thickness. I didn't referee at Rosalie so can't comments on if it's an improvement or not.

vCash
    Apparently there was an act of thuggery by a cott player on Saturday that is going to be cited? Heard there's footage in Facebook from a spectators camera that is full of incriminating evidence
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Cott and thuggery go together.

Sanctioned by rugby wa usually. Cott are the protected ones.

Rumour has it that the Cott guy who king hit an unconscious player in the Margaret River sevens only got 5 weeks!

Absolutely pathetic.

Don't get your hopes up Goony; judiciary will probably let him off and blame the Baysie player for getting his head in the way of the Cott players fist.

Lost all confidence in the judiciary process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post

Rumour has it that the Cott guy who king hit an unconscious player in the Margaret River sevens only got 5 weeks!
    Correct.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Correct.
    If that's true then it makes the whole set up a laughing stock and there needs to be some serious questions asked about how they arrived at that penalty.This whole judiciary thing has to be transparent and above reproach

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    I thought he was banned for the pre season (3 or 4 games) and 5 more after that once the season started. 8-9 weeks. The Judiciary has to comply with IRB sentencing guidelines, I assumed they did that. Its called the Crimes Act and sets penalties for various offences. Any sentence they give has to fit the Crimes Act. Sentences are usually in a range eg 4 - 8 weeks and they have some discretion to take into account things like previous good behaviour etc...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    If that's true then it makes the whole set up a laughing stock and there needs to be some serious questions asked about how they arrived at that penalty.This whole judiciary thing has to be transparent and above reproach
    True. But then I've heard differing accounts of what happened from people that were there. 5 weeks for punching an unconscious player, who apparently was innocent of any wrongdoing, is incredibly lenient. Which begs the question - is that really what happened?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Which begs the question, what bunch of compromised incompetents do we have sitting on the judiciary?

Senior Player
    vCash
    One of the touch judges present at the incident described it to me and was absolutely gob smacked when they found out the leniency of the sentence. Said it was the most viscious assault they had witnessed on or off the rugby pitch.

An absolute farce.

If you murdered or permanently maimed someone in a rugby game I'm sure there's a little rule book that the rugby wa judiciary uses that says the player should get 5-6 weeks. And if a Cott player, 3 weeks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3