Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scott Fava Leaves the Force

vCash
    when i told my uncle that fava was leaving, he said the grapevine had told him that scott was leaving coz of brown. he'd been told he was now going to be second choice to brownie and scotty wasnt too keen on that, so he left.

that doesnt make sense to me.. last season we had mostly fava-6 pocock-7 and brown-8. i doubt 7 or 8 will change, but wouldnt fava be leaving because of horua or hodsgen or pusey? anyone else heard that story or was my uncle just messing with me?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Force member Scott Fava tells why he is leaving

Rugby writer Nick Taylor
    September 13, 2008 03:00pm

DISCOVERING his wife was pregnant clinched Force favourite Scott Fava's decision to head home and sign for the Waratahs.

The couple want to be close to their families for the birth of their second IVF child next year.

``We love Perth but always had an inkling that we might return home and when Sarah started IVF the second time I thought `this is going to be tough,'' the tough backrower said.

``When we were told Sarah was pregnant again it started to dawn on me that I should start thinking about family.

``I've been on the road for nine years and Sarah's been on the road six, living in rental properties all that time.

``It was a hard decision because I was an inaugural Force member and kept thinking about where we had come from and I had a vision that we could get a Premiership.''

read more here...Inaugural Force member Scott Fava tells why he is leaving | PerthNow

Best of luck to them, I hope they have a bouncing baby mini-Chops!

Last edited by laura; 14-09-08 at 16:22.

vCash
    congrats fava family!

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Wonderful news for the Fava's

a take on the whole thing
    option A one more year with the force possibly a year in Munster after that with 2 tackers in tow (hard work even though Cork is beautiful and the people kind)

option B a 2 year deal with the Tahs (Yuk) but that's were the family is - plenty of babysitters and time to plan life after rugby - a no boner I suspect - but he really has done us proud so I wish him and his all the best.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    "No boner"???

Is that a Freudian "no brainer"?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    all the best scott, he had a good consistent season this year , and lets not forget he was one of the players tied on equal points for the player of the year with crossy.........he will be missed...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    when i told my uncle that fava was leaving, he said the grapevine had told him that scott was leaving coz of brown. he'd been told he was now going to be second choice to brownie and scotty wasnt too keen on that, so he left.

that doesnt make sense to me.. last season we had mostly fava-6 pocock-7 and brown-8. i doubt 7 or 8 will change, but wouldnt fava be leaving because of horua or hodsgen or pusey? anyone else heard that story or was my uncle just messing with me?
    Brown and Fava play a very similar sort of game- high work rate, high aggression. Unfortunately for Fava, Brown is just doing it better than he is at the moment. Pocock has a mortgage on the 7 jersey. Horua and Hodgson both performed very well on the UK tour so he wouldn't really see so much game time. Less, at least, than at the Waratahs who lose David Lyons and Rocky Elsom. So your uncle isn't far wrong.

It makes financial sense for the Force as they could probably recruit one or two young tyros from the U20s team at the rate Fava is payed.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    2 He can see the writing on the wall a bit at the he's old and there are a bunch of young loosies in the team who are pretty much pissing fire at the moment. It's essentially a given that Mitch will be looking to inject his youth into the team over the course of the next year or two and that spells bech (and possibly suit) time for wolverine. The 'Tahs have an older pack in comparison and there's a bit more room for him to press for selection, especially given that Rocky's leaving and Vickerman going will mean that the #6 slot is unlikely to be filled by a Lock/Backrow, they'll be doing the Lock/Lock thing next year.

There's the answer, Nice work Gigs, Especially as Rocky and Lyons are gone , Mumm maybe could be a little shaking and Palu is out with Knee injury which could be a bit longer thna thought

Champion
    vCash
    Sorry James, I should have read you post!

vCash
    Good luck to you and your family mate...

I will always remember the first try for the Force... 13 rows back right in that corner

The reaction down there was awesome

Let the force go in 2009

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3