Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    eewww, rotten beans
    Worse than a teenagers farts!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I thought that was the implication of this entire thread?

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
    Other than being one of the best lineout players in the business - what else does he offer - same old take it up and go to ground and achieve - not a lot - boring not the way - must off load - I for one am not surprised -
    Perhaps you have forgotten how badly our line-out functioned in the Spring tour of 2009 in the hands of Horwill and Chisholm. Sharpie has a great workrate for a lock and is one of the best Wallaby forwards in getting over the gain line. Up there with Pocock if I am not mistaken as the top two in the 2010 Spring tour. Let's not forget his leadership. He and Pocock do more than Elsom does. Why pay big money for guys like Wycliff Palu or TPN when their style of play or weight in Palu's case result in them being injured all the time anyway? Nathan Sharpe is value for money.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Listen to Nobody:
    "Eales cannot comprehend how little respect is accorded in Australia to the man who surpassed him as the Wallabies' most-capped second-rower.

"People underestimate him and it always surprises when they do," Eales said. "He always delivers. He is very solid, has very good ball skills, is gutsy and, on top of that, he takes on enormous leadership responsibility, some of it directly in the game as the lineout caller and general tactician but also off the field as well."

Sharpe might now be 33 but Eales is far from convinced that the Force captain's best rugby is behind him. "I think Sharpie is one of those guys who keeps getting better with age," he said."

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
    Other than being one of the best lineout players in the business - what else does he offer - same old take it up and go to ground and achieve - not a lot - boring not the way - must off load - I for one am not surprised -
    Further to what James has said above, which I agree with, rugby needs players who "take it up and go to ground". What they achieve is to suck in defenders, which creates the overlaps for the backs to exploit when they do go wide.

Going wide without an overlap just ends up with multiple phases crabbing across the ground, which is no more exciting, but is more risky for the attacking team (fewer forwards around to clean out tacklers at the breakdown).

vCash
    Agreed, sharpie's ay exploded when he stopped trying to play like an outside back. He suddenly became predictable to his teammates yet not manageable to the opposition. Watch how many turnovers come from sharpie's hitups, I'll wager the percentage is lower than any other player on the team. The boys know, if sharpie's got the ball, I'm cleaning out! That results in defenses in the ruck, quick ball and more often than not, play over the advantage line, which part of that consistency is not good?

We need somebody like sharpie to steady the ship whilst Palu is sucking because they tackle too hard and he doesn't want to try. Whilst Epsom is strutting around being ineffective as a ayer and a leader, whilst giteau is organizing uprisings and grabbing across the field............

Like I said, I hope he teaches the ARU a lesson and makes them pay next contract!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Like I said, I hope he teaches the ARU a lesson and makes them pay next contract!
    I just hope the rates in the 'incentive' contract mean that by the time he plays every wallaby game next season it costs them 3 times as much as the top up would have.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    I just hope the rates in the 'incentive' contract mean that by the time he plays every wallaby game next season it costs them 3 times as much as the top up would have.
    Well we all believe he can back himself, and if he does that and earns more that way then I think the ARU will be thinking, "money well spent!"

vCash
    Swee, exactly!
    Ac, they'll put out a press release claiming it was their intention all along as Sharpie needed the incentive to make the grade......or some shit like that!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So long as they don't faff around experimenting with other players and then only use him in five RWC matches...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Time to get the banner ready for the Rebels.

"Welcome the the Sharpie Shed !! ARU P1ss not your not welcome."
    [/quote]

I am utterely outraged...What a slap in the face for loyalty...Is there something we can do? It is totally disgusting....I am U P S E T!!!! I want to hit someone!!!....AAAARRRGH!!!!!

May be we should make lots and lots of banners....
    C'MON supporters of our beloved Captain...He deserves so much better...Lets make some banners and show them wheredever the cameras fall there should be a banner showing out utter disgust..... !!!!!

vCash
    He absolutely does not deserve this but the ARU are going to be looking at the 2015 RWC and the chance of Sharpie still playing then must be non-existent. They only have a finite budget so they are going to spend it on players for the future.

It sucks but no one said life was going to be fair.

vCash
    If this is true then the ARU are way too "RWCentric". Don't they care about all the tri-nations, Bledisloe cup games and NH tests between end of RWC 2011 and RWC2015? I might be a bit weird, but I rate holding the Bledisloe Cup pretty highly.

Last edited by normie; 15-03-11 at 18:01.

vCash
    on ten news tonight...... although sharpie is dissapointed, he would be interested in an incentive based contract, and once again he confirmed that he wants to finish his career in australia.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    If this is true then the ARU are way too "RWCentric". Don't they care about all the tri-nations, Bledisloe cup games and NH tests between end of RWC 2011 and RWC2015? I might be a bit weird, but I rate holding the Bledisloe Cup pretty highly.
    I would have thought that they wouldn't want to risk p*ssing off the TV paymasters by letting top players leave because they don't figure in to long term plans - remember the stink News Corp kicked up when NZ rested a bunch of players for just a few weeks back in 2007?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast