Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs prove too strong for the Western Force, winning 37-19 in Perth

Prospect
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Welcome Brumby Jack now piss off to the glue factory
    Being a sook old man? Last time I check, we are 2-1, you are 0-3. Just telling it like it's and how I see so get lost.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Steady up Brumby Jack...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumby_jack View Post
    I think you guys are in for a long season. Two home games and both losses which isn't good. I think is time for John Mitchell to go, maybe the message is getting old.
    Being a sook old man? Last time I check, we are 2-1, you are 0-3. Just telling it like it's and how I see so get lost.
    Brumby Jack, coming onto a website and suggesting we get rid of our coach when we've had an awful run of injuries is the sort of thing which is liable to get our backs up. We're , you're . You're going to get abuse even without insulting .

vCash
    Welcome Brumbyman. Maybe we should start you off on topics your a little more educated on.. How about: Whats your opinion on how great the brumbies are? Or is Matt Giteau god?

vCash
    Gee - is there a record for how few posts someone can get in before being banned?

Brumbyman - please "troll" through all the posts by Muddie to see the appropriate responses to your drivel - it will save us the time and tedium of repeating them!!

Or save us the time altogether and "Jack" off

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    Why dont we ever get any decent trolls anymore. I never realised how much i loved GTT till the brumbies fans came here.

vCash
    On the theme of how to play better, here's my tuppence worth:

What if we play for the entire 80 minutes? I don't know if it's the fitness/conditioning, but I know you can't blame the heat from last night - games 1 & 2 showed similar traits.

I read ages ago that Pek is a very handy golfer. His tee and fairway shots must be awesome but I cannot believe his short game is any good at all. Lobbing a rugby ball to fairly close to the right spot is much like pitching/chipping a golf ball. On the evidence so far Pek's short game is lousy. While the other lads are getting conditioned to play for the whole 80, Pek needs to be throwing a rugby ball at targets. When the lads warm down and stretch from their training, Pek needs to be throwing a rugby ball at targets. In every waking moment, Pek needs to be throwing a rugby ball at targets.

I was (mostly) impressed by the solid defence. That might seem odd given the score, but generally they were quite sound. If not for the sheer weight of quality possession the Chiefs enjoyed....

What's up with the kicking away of possession? The main factor for my being impressed that Pretorius had been signed up was his ability to read the game and his ability to kick a ball accurately. Maybe Hill can do that but I don't know anything about him first hand. Someone else needs to be able to do it - and it seems it ain't rabbit.

#9 seems our strength - Sheehan had a great game and most of us know Chriso can do good things from 1st minute or 70th minute when he comes on nowadays.

Sorry to say it but DHP seems out of his depth. Game time will help, but can we afford it? Sare is a better bet for the bench.

AND LASTLY BUT NOT LEASTLY: While the refereeing may have been not to your liking, the ref did not cost us the game. If you believe he did then you will believe that every time we lose. Examine the players' performance first. If it was a 2-point game and a decision right at the death changed the probable result then fine. Otherwise pick a more accurate target.

vCash
    Sook, no not at all.
    We have played 3 and lost 3 tough, at least in the first two they put up a decent show.
    If you want to come onto a site and troll I will tell you to piss off each time ,with apologies to the regulars and those who wish to discuss rugby and admin of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Steady up Brumby Jack...
    You tell him, Muddie!

Champion
    vCash
    Just a quick comment to say, i'm a little confident with the Force's draw in coming weeks

Bye - We dont lose, but at the same time we dont win
    Reds at Suncorp / Ballymore - Never won in Queensland, but with the Reds injuries also we could have our first win in the banana capital and off the ass of the table
    Tahs at home - coming back from SAF, should have a win, and to tease Drew Mitchell, worth going just to do that.
    Bulls - coming back from NZ and the East coast of OZ, should be a win
    Stormers - the game we need to win to stay with the pack of the top 6 (and the winning streak to continue) i know its only the top 4, but we all know it should be the top 6, with 14 teams in the comp.
    Highlanders - In Hamilton, nuteral ground, could go either way, a bonus point lost with 4 trys (am i dreaming but i can only hope)
    Auckland - All i hope is that murray mextead isn't commentating and Wan**ing over the blues like he does with the Canes.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Highlanders game is in queenstown isnt it?
    otherwise I'm in deep shit

Last edited by brokendown gunfighter; 02-03-10 at 07:14.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Just a quick comment to say, i'm a little confident with the Force's draw in coming weeks

Bye - We dont lose, but at the same time we dont win
    Reds at Suncorp / Ballymore - Never won in Queensland, but with the Reds injuries also we could have our first win in the banana capital and off the ass of the table
    Tahs at home - coming back from SAF, should have a win, and to tease Drew Mitchell, worth going just to do that.
    Bulls - coming back from NZ and the East coast of OZ, should be a win
    Stormers - the game we need to win to stay with the pack of the top 6 (and the winning streak to continue) i know its only the top 4, but we all know it should be the top 6, with 14 teams in the comp.
    Highlanders - In Hamilton, nuteral ground, could go either way, a bonus point lost with 4 trys (am i dreaming but i can only hope)
    Auckland - All i hope is that murray mextead isn't commentating and Wan**ing over the blues like he does with the Canes.
    What we should be most confident of is the final three games. Away in South Africa yes but between the Sharks, Cheetahs and Lions they've only won 1 game (and that was between the Sharks and the Cheetahs) We'll have Pocock, Brown and Shepherd back (hopefully) by then.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    between the Sharks, Cheetahs and Lions they've only won 1 game (and that was between the Sharks and the Cheetahs)
    It is only Round 3

Veteran
    vCash
    i dont think cullet had a bad game, probably needs a bit more game fitness.

he was well set for at least two runs down the wing when the ball went over his head twice. can't do much from that situation.

I think JOC did well, thoguh needs more practice, bungled a couple of good opportunities, see above.

Piss off donought, i had high expectations of him, but no joy thus far, though he doesnt mind a bit of biff.

i think they played better last week than this week, we at least showed some composure, won some greak down and put together phases. this week nothing.

WHY OH WHY!!! when we are pick and driving on the line, we get close, but never over. as soon as the opposition does it to us TRY!!!! i think we are going to see it happen a lot now as it is a major weakness.

i like how sheehan play, a little slow and everyone knows when he is box kicking, i called it regularly from the stands. I think it may be a little slow as he may be trying to run the backline due the lack of experienced 10. maybe hill will be able to organise better. I also think he took his first long penalty with out sharpies approval, i heard something over the sports ears. (best $72 i have ever spent!)

fairly disapointed with the game, no where near as much pressure applied as last week and without an assy intercept, we would have not had a try again

vCash
    It's just testing loyaltys thats all.

The fans who drop off weren't fans anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast