Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: So, the 2013 season is around the corner - what are everybody's thoughts?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Waterhouse

Force to win Super 15 $101
    Force top Aus Side $21

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Tom Waterhouse has a very punchable face and thats the only thing I want to do after watching his stupid ads

vCash
    I see a number of posters putting ma'afu in their starting sides. Has he lost about 20kgs and discovered the art of scrummaging in the off season?? Otherwise he is dead weight and a penalty magnet. Based on what I have seen Cowan at 1, Longbottom at 3 and Manu on the bench is our strongest combination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    Err. You may have Dellit and Sias around the wrong way. Is Delitt at 11 and Sias at 10 what you were getting at?
    yes %)

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I see a number of posters putting ma'afu in their starting sides. Has he lost about 20kgs and discovered the art of scrummaging in the off season?? Otherwise he is dead weight and a penalty magnet. Based on what I have seen Cowan at 1, Longbottom at 3 and Manu on the bench is our strongest combination.
    I have been unreliably informed by an unnamed sauce that indeed Maafu HAS lost at least 8kg from his jelly belly, and his attitude at training has been inclusive rather than the surly shit last year. I agree that if his attitude fitness and form are not there from the get go they should ditch him for the other three.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I have been unreliably informed by an unnamed sauce that indeed Maafu HAS lost at least 8kg from his jelly belly, and his attitude at training has been inclusive rather than the surly shit last year. I agree that if his attitude fitness and form are not there from the get go they should ditch him for the other three.
    And yet Ma'afu is one of our four invited to the Wallaby training squad. Either we don't know what we are talking about, or Deans picks on favouritism rather than form. I wonder which it is...

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    And yet Ma'afu is one of our four invited to the Wallaby training squad. Either we don't know what we are talking about, or Deans picks on favouritism rather than form. I wonder which it is...
    It's we pick our favourites and Deans doesn't know what he's talking about

vCash
    Home final

dead set

Up front there oughta be a man in black
    You'll never see bright colours on my back......

Until things are brighter, I'm the man in black

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    yes %)

Many thanks for the heads up SB - might have died from the shock otherwise....

vCash
    Much improved coaching staff and hungry players should provide a season of optimism for 2014 onwards. I just want to see signs we are improving and playing a more competitive style of rugby and we can actually play some defence and can turn a few of the close results into wins. It is critical that we finish this year as a team going somewhere instead of a team losing the plot like 2012 which i'm confident we will be. I would also like to see us with a 60 - 70% home winning record too. The great clubs in world sport have the strongest home records. We wont be a strong club until we turn this around.

My prediction: 9th place
    6 wins 10 losses

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

vCash
    After seven years of predicting ridiculous finishes for the boys, I'm planning to be a realist this year. The club has had a dose of Epsom salts and is likely to start slow.....poison in this comp.

I think we'll have a tough road trip to start the season, but things will begin to gel while away and we might be able to crack more than two wins at home this year.

Realistically, I can't see better than 8 th, but think it unlikely well be too far out of the top ten. As long as we play positive rugby with heart I'll be happy this year and will look forward to a breakout season in 2014.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I am Pumped for season 2013. Realistic goals have been set, coaching and support staff are working their proverbial butts off and doing it very professionally.

Y'know why I think they'll play hard and do well this year???? 'cos of us - the supporters.

So many points were lost last season because our boys were poop scared of making a blue in front of us. We moaned when a kick at goal went wide and this has a huge effect on the player, we moaned when a tackle was missed or a counter attacker slipped or an open play kick misfired and the boys felt that too.

This year we're pumped, Foles has probably only said 20% of what previous coaches said ( in the media) at the same stage in times gone past, the mood in camp ( I am told) is happy and focused.

I reckon we shall win the Australian Conference and this is why. Our first 4 games are away - we'll win 2 or 3 of them, membership will suddenly spike, boys will get a buzz, we'll go onto win most of our games at home.

We are good aren't we?

vCash
    Glass is always half full hey Hansie!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    12th. But a good 12th. I think that it would be crazy to expect higher than that given our squad turn over and the strength of some of the Kiwi/SA franchises. But hopefully it will be a 12th where things are looking big and bright for 2014 and we make some good recruitment decisions.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Glass is always half full hey Hansie!
    I try to keep mine as full as possible. When it decreases level, I refill. Like a Magic Pint Glass (apologies to Norman Lindsay).

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Waterhouse

Force to win Super 15 $101
    Force top Aus Side $21
    James

Waterhouse to drown in own smugness $1.34
    Waterhouse to out own face on Japanese Moe Pillow so he can date himself $7.21

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast