Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Force contract for star fullback Cameron Shepherd

vCash
    He's played a lot of minutes (every one he's been available for) so it's worked out OK for him.

Still can't catch though!

Isn't it great that he'll be available for the Ass Whippin' they'll be given by his old teammates!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Is he another one of those second rate players you guys don't want......until they get coached into world beaters that is, then you tell us their blood is Maroon and they want to come home!

From what I know of Shep, he's one of nature's true gentleman, everything I've ever said about him and everything I believe about him is based upon an understanding that he is honourable to a fault. If Shep puls a Digby on us, I'll be the first to wave goodbye (not necessarily using my whole hand) not so much for being shafted, 'though that will be a part of it) mainly because he's spent the last three years conning the people of Perth into thinking he's not a selfish asshole!

Surely not Shep!
    I couldn't have said any of it better myself. Queensland just isn't a place for players to meet their potential anymore. Julian Huxley made a transformation when he left, Tai McIsaac became a Wallaby when he came west. Now I know Stephen Moore can be hot and cold but a change of scenery will probably do him good.

As for Shep I would've been deeply saddened if he was set to leave but like he says himself playing as a fullback following Matt Giteau around the field affords him plenty more try scoring opportunities than he can get elsewhere and he has a permanent spot in the starting XV if he did leave it'd almost definitely be for family reasons. And who can blame someone for that, unless of course they muck you round in the process?

I like the way Rocky Elsom plays but thats one where I kind of think unless he doesn't want to play for NSW anymore let them keep him. I don't think the kiwis will be too happy if we poached Fairbrother (although it would be great if we did) I can here them now... 'Come on be fair bro...'. Sorry.

vCash

Still can't catch though!
    or pass or tackle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    moore wasnt too happy in the reds after being dropped and also with how they played.
    ha, dont talk crap, where did you hear that it was because how they played, Moore is beign a little bitch because he is not starting hooker.

Is he another one of those second rate players you guys don't want......until they get coached into world beaters that is
    well thats a bit of a stupid thing to say considering he is a wallaby, i think you will find Tic was referring to the fact that Moore is having a whinge because he is not starting, which i suppose is fair enough i suppose, but now he wants to run off to another team.

vCash
    Just for the record... I wasn't by any means suggesting Sheps will not sign. Like I said I am absolutely filled with confidence that he'll do the right thing.

Just want to wait until it's official before I start running around my room cheering.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

I don't think the kiwis will be too happy if we poached Fairbrother (although it would be great if we did) I can here them now... 'Come on be fair bro...'. Sorry.
    No they probably won't, but they rubbish Australian Rugby all the time anyway so it won't change anything really. They'll say that the Wallaby scrum only solved it's problems after some Kiwi coaching & poaching. (Murray Mexted has convinced himself that Robbie Deans will get Ben Franks into a Wallaby jersey too.)

I'd prefer that Australian raised players are used but these days the people who run the game are required to do what's necessary to keep bums on seats. That means winning more often. Especially against the AB's.

vCash
    I'm with Jess on this one - much and all as I love the Force - I don't have a problem with the lads holding out for their personal best deal - whether that's extra merchandise or less public commitments whatever/ unless they are comfortable - they won't produce the goods for us - and if the fit ain't working for either party there is no point trying to make it fit - remember the mess with Digby.

What I am confident of is that John Mitchell and the rest of the staff has created a positive professional atmosphere - which seems to allow some latitude for a bit of laugh as well - mind you how positive John Mitchell is feeling after Friday nights performance is open to conjecture.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Champion
    vCash
    if hardy does go to Europe to chase the dollars, can we the EWF go for the frank brothers from Canterbury ?

and are we chasing Rocky Elsom cause the EWF know something about Pocock what they aren't telling us ?

It'll be sad to see Bam Bam leave (if he does) due to us developing the player he is today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    if hardy does go to Europe to chase the dollars, can we the EWF go for the frank brothers from Canterbury ?

and are we chasing Rocky Elsom cause the EWF know something about Pocock what they aren't telling us ?

It'll be sad to see Bam Bam leave (if he does) due to us developing the player he is today
    rocky is a blind side flanker and pockock is a openside, you wouldnt buy rocky to replace bambam.

In saying that, you could theoretically play two blindside flankers, its not really that common though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Trust me. Moore would be no great loss for the Reds - and no great bonus for the Force.

This bloke needs to lose the tickets on himself before he can be a decent footballer.

tic, got to dissagree, the way youre talking he's the worst player in the world........

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    tic, got to dissagree, the way youre talking he's the worst player in the world........
    he is playing in the worse team in the world, so its some substitue isn't it !! (talking about moore and the reds)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    he is playing in the worse team in the world, so its some substitue isn't it !! (talking about moore and the reds)
    thats pathetic that you needed to try and explain that... how old are you?

vCash
    it could get a lot worse for the reds if they lose quade cooper to the hurricanes.....

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    thats pathetic that you needed to try and explain that... how old are you?
    Sorry princess !! was in QLD for 2 years, must of been taught to be a slow rugby learner, but still knew to support a top class team in the FORCE !!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    it could get a lot worse for the reds if they lose quade cooper to the hurricanes.....
    And john Roe to europe (rumours have it over in England)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast