Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Qantas Wallabies Team to play France for the Trophée des Bicentenaries named

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Unless I was being cynical at the time, yes I was suprised Snob.
    I would have thought that coming off the back of a full Test season against a team still in pre-season that we would be at least competitive. I thought it would be close (allowing for what you are probably alluding too) but thought that pride alone would see them pull together on tour off the back of the AB result and guts out a win. I was also suprised at the poor level of skills after ten months of competition. I believe all of this comes down to core issues, not this player or that Coach. I believe Caps are being given away far too cheaply, without preserving the respect and reverence such an honour should hold. I believe that Australia (and others) are guilty of chasing the next great star player rather than investing time into the best long term prospect. Much has been made of our injury list this year, but lets face it, our "Best XV" wouldn't be all that much better on paper than this XV.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    The way Wales played last night at least you should get one win on the tour. Although I'm going to give the Pumas their praise as well, they just out played us.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Burgs the reason I said that was because I have been watching the French, Welsh and English rugby since the WC. Our press and the ARU don't want to tell us or admit that the NH is going forward and to be blunt SA and Au are going backwards! It doesnt help that unless you have FOXTEL you have no chance seeing them play.
    SA looked very average in the first half against Ireland.
    It will be interesting to see how the AB's get on over the next few weeks.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'm hoping that the loss to the French will get the team to pull their finger out and put in a quality performance against England. You'd take two wins if you had the chance, but if you were told you could win one and lose one, I'd definitely take the win against England.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Without Genia, cooper, oconnor or Digby there are no attacking threats in the side, we are actually playing to win by kicking penalties.
    Pocock has to play 6 or 8 because we are very weak in those positions and Hooper has to stay.
    Sheehan should have been brought on after 60m at the latest
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device
    After 10 would have been better. I couldn't understand why Phipps wasn't replaced.to be honest why he even started.
    Something smells in Denmark.
    Sorry should have said Satanta which you have to pay extra for on FOXTEL . I feel it's a sign of disrespect that the NH games are not shown here. In the UK at least 3 super games are shown a week so you have some idea of what your up against. As fans here we are treated like mushrooms!

Last edited by SNOB; 11-11-12 at 22:37.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    It will be interesting to see how the AB's get on over the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Didn't have to get out of 1st gear tonite

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    From what I can gather (ie scratched my head for awhile) Sheehan wasn't brought on because they had already used the extra Prop on the new style bench (8 seats, 7 subs).
    If this is the ramifications of the variation then I think it sucks balls and would prefer to see the ongoing abuse of the Prop interchange law.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I didn't realize the 8 seats didn't mean 8 subs...where is that written in law?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the AB's get on over the next few weeks.
    Didn't have to get out of 1st gear tonite[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Scotland put 3 tries past them and apart from some Dan Carter brilliance and a lapse in defence from Scotland just before half time it would have been much closer. A really good game- 9 tries and some great running rugby. Having to stay up late and watch this made up for getting up early and watching the Wallabies drivel. France were good but were made to look better than they were by a Wallaby team that can't score tries. England looking good too. Seems Robbie took a positive out of the game- no injuries!! Sad state of affairs in camp Wallaby

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    At this rate Italy may well beat the Wobblies.
    Wouldn't be that surprised if they did - the Italian pack can be awesome at the set piece, especially if they smell blood. Their backs are a different matter, but if we're playing Phipps and McCabe our's aren't dangerous either.

vCash
    The only good thing about this game was my Sportsbet account balance after it

vCash
    Deans has to go!

He has lost his nerve and bottled it. HE selected McCabe for the RWC and threw out the game plan, HE selected McCabe and Horne, HE said tries are not important (we have now scored zero tries on at least three games this season for 2 losses and a draw).

Beale passing to a flat footed stationary forward for a truck it up is NOT running a backline. He did not bring Taps and the wingers into the game, FFS Cummins was even waving his hands in the air with a 5/2 overlap late in the game, Beale went the other way with a forward who dropped it. Frakkin cross field kick leading to the try was a farce, with a no heart attempt at follow up and tackle. Ancient Freddy Michalak made him look mind addled, fat, out of condition and playing out of position - oh wait he is all that. FFS we didn't touch the ball for first 5 mins of second half, then the second we did they chipped it straight back with first touch!!

A 8 man bench and they go 6/2? WTF they didn't even use one of those two backs (Sheehan who should have replaced Phipps at about the 20min mark). An 8 man bench and they can only bring on Barnes? How is that changing the nature of the game? And speaking of bringing on Barnes, the useless frakkers replaced Harris and not Beale! And those fat lazy Tahs are so unfit they can't last a game, so Deans is using the bench to cover for lard arses running out of puff, not as a tactical weapon.

FFS what would you expect to happen with the entire pack Tahs? They played like the frakking Tahs thats what who lost 8 games in a row, and had worst ever season not displaying an once of ticker. Jeebus! Its not rocket science.

CLL had better get fit and his mojo back, ZHolmes and especially our very own Kyle Godwin should see a black hole sized opportunity at 10 and grasp every opportunity with both hands. Because at 10 Beale is useless, Cooper is a toxic wastedump, Judas a selfish little prick and Barnes STILL licked at every opportunity whan we needed ball in hand for three tries. Christ whoever thought the Three Amigos should run the gameplan needs their heads read (then sacked).

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    CLL??

vCash
    Right on SB

No disrespect to the Jocks, but they scored more tries in 40 mins yesterday against the AB's than the Wallabies scored in all 3 Bledisloe games this year!

Something's got to give. There's blood in the water, the poms will be licking their lips!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast