Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reds vs Highlanders

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    I repeat - there is no good football reason for him to move away from the Reds - it has to be a money thing only - he has said as much publicly on several occassions.
    A change is as good as a holiday. He might think he is stagnating a bit at the Reds. Admittedly that'd be hard to do with the kind of rugby the Reds are playing at the moment but you can't assume its a money thing only. Even if it was could you really bag him for that? Ohh yes there is the whole loyalty blah blah blah argument but Hynes has been loyal. He stuck with the Reds through their toughest years and that can't have been easy.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    You display some real arrogance here TOCC - I've noticed it creep in over the last year or two.

That I have a different opinion from you does not make me a twat.

I repeat - there is no good football reason for him to move away from the Reds - it has to be a money thing only - he has said as much publicly on several occassions.

As to the other "reasons" you've articulated - yeah, pull the other one, it plays Jingle Bells!

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

dont confuse the pursuit of excellencewith arrogrance Tic.

Im not labelling anyone who has a difference of opinion to me a twat... im labelling you a twat because you are making completely unfounded claims, provide some hard facts or stop making shit up.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He's been really crap and the Reds and Rebs shouldn't even be bothering with such a pillock...

Cut your losses and come West Peter

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    dont confuse the pursuit of excellencewith arrogrance Tic.

Im not labelling anyone who has a difference of opinion to me a twat... im labelling you a twat because you are making completely unfounded claims, provide some hard facts or stop making shit up.
    Making shit up? Your kidding right???

All season, Hynes has been publicly bitching about not getting enough money and threatening to go overseas in a world cup year if the bucks aren't enough on the home front.

eg - http://www.scrum.com/super14/rugby/story/112183.html

Get your head out of your arse TOCC - your pompousness is rather tiresome.

---------- Post added at 15:17 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    A change is as good as a holiday. He might think he is stagnating a bit at the Reds. Admittedly that'd be hard to do with the kind of rugby the Reds are playing at the moment but you can't assume its a money thing only. Even if it was could you really bag him for that? Ohh yes there is the whole loyalty blah blah blah argument but Hynes has been loyal. He stuck with the Reds through their toughest years and that can't have been easy.
    So you'd be OK with JO'C and Bam Bam coming back east for money, even though it was the Force that got their careers going.

Loyalty works both ways.

Last edited by tic; 17-05-10 at 12:47.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

So you'd be OK with JO'C and Bam Bam coming back east for money, even though it was the Force that got their careers going.

Loyalty works both ways.
    I would have thought if it was only money you would have them back by now

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I think they are repaying loyalty - good for them - they are both great footballers.

My final 2c on Hynes. If he goes, he goes - the Reds will be able to cover him. I just think Deans may have a view about a player who would leave the best attacking team in super rugby (where he can continue to develop) on the basis of money.

vCash
    Making shit up? Your kidding right???

All season, Hynes has been publicly bitching about not getting enough money and threatening to go overseas in a world cup year if the bucks aren't enough on the home front.

eg - http://www.scrum.com/super14/rugby/story/112183.html

Get your head out of your arse TOCC - your pompousness is rather tiresome
    Not kidding, you are indeed making shit up.. did you even read that article, it says nothing about money..

Once again, you have nothing to base the argument that if he moves to Melbourne(or perth) it is based purely on money.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:56 ----------

I think they are repaying loyalty - good for them - they are both great footballers.

My final 2c on Hynes. If he goes, he goes - the Reds will be able to cover him. I just think Deans may have a view about a player who would leave the best attacking team in super rugby (where he can continue to develop) on the basis of money.
    you realise the best attacking team is indeed the Bulls, followed by the blues, then the waratahs, then the Reds.

vCash

I'm detecting a very familiar tune here

"If Berrick leaves he'll be a no good selfish sack of crap, who the Reds will replace with ease however if he stays his football career will be stellar"
    "If Quade leaves he'll be a no good selfish sack of crap, who the Reds will replace with ease however if he stays his football career will be stellar"
    "If Hynes leaves he'll be.........."

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    If Sharpie leaves....oh..hang on...

As you were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm detecting a very familiar tune here

"If Berrick leaves he'll be a no good selfish sack of crap, who the Reds will replace with ease however if he stays his football career will be stellar"
    "If Quade leaves he'll be a no good selfish sack of crap, who the Reds will replace with ease however if he stays his football career will be stellar"
    "If Hynes leaves he'll be.........."
    Pots and kettles mate - I also recall some very harsh words by you when Digby, Drew and Gits left the Force. In fact the bitterness about Gits oozes out on a regular basis.

My comments about Barnes have been spot on.

I like loyalty - in fact I still believe in loyalty - perhaps I am a bit old fashioned in that respect, but that is why I applaud O'Connor and Pocock for staying with the Force where they got their start.

You bet I get pissed off when I see talent that we have nurtured from the get go, looking at moving on when they get the whiff of better pay or a chance of ladder success in a different team who have already done the hard yards.

TOCC as usual, your latest rant makes no sense. You have become a nasty little supercilious bitch.

Last edited by tic; 17-05-10 at 21:28.

vCash
    Settle down Tic... Your little dummy spits every time a player is rumoured to be leaving the Reds are really quite embarassing...

I do think it's quite rude to label someone like Peter Hynes as a person who purely wants to play for money based on the fact he is considering to leave the Reds...
    Like I said, you don't know his motives or reasons so don't go making them up..

Regardless, it appears as though Hynes will stay with the Reds so you can rest easy
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    If Sharpie leaves....oh..hang on...

As you were.
    Don't even think that!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Settle down Tic... Your little dummy spits every time a player is rumoured to be leaving the Reds are really quite embarassing...

I do think it's quite rude to label someone like Peter Hynes as a person who purely wants to play for money based on the fact he is considering to leave the Reds...
    Like I said, you don't know his motives or reasons so don't go making them up..

Regardless, it appears as though Hynes will stay with the Reds so you can rest easy
    Posted via Mobile Device
    geez for a western Force forum there sure is a lot of arguing about (former) Reds Players...
    Settle down boys remember this is the media, they make all sorts of crap up just to get the types of responses weve seen in this thread...

vCash
    Pots and kettles mate - I also recall some very harsh words by you when Digby, Drew and Gits left the Force. In fact the bitterness about Gits oozes out on a regular basis.
    do you also remember the harsh words about Drew and Gits in the preceeding two seasons? I guess not since you're comparing that to what you do.

As for Digby, breaking a handshake agreement to go back home to the Reds was low........that's what I had issue with.

For the record, I really rate Digby and don't think he would have come as far as he did at the Force, it was a good move, begun by showing a total lack of character...

Drew, similarly has come godd, seemingly for different reasons, Digby's improvement seems to have been sparked by masses of game time and responsibility (which I guess is why he went) and Drew's has been the rigours of actually fighing for a spot, they've both been good moves for Aussie Rugby.

Gits.........hasn't changed.

My comments about Barnes have been spot on.
    Jeez can I have a look into your crystal ball to see how good a player Berrick is in the parallel universe where he is still playing for the Reds?

I like loyalty - in fact I still believe in loyalty - perhaps I am a bit old fashioned in that respect, but that is why I applaud O'Connor and Pocock for staying with the Force where they got their start.
    as do I, I simply think it a bit rich to be crucifying a player for exploring other options legitimately at the end of his contract.....you seem to have a habit of doing that!

C'mon the

vCash
    ...as do you ...I guess that makes us as bad as each other.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast