Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Socceroos to call Queensland home

vCash
    there is no situation to "suit my purposes" i merely stated the original post was to highlight that Perth is lacking, and that we are behind regional centres over east, probably not just in sporting terms as well. Nor have I actually argued that Perth actually deserves a game.

I dont think FFA is desperate to consolidate in the east as you said 75,000 people turn up to a dead rubber (although 70,000 of that number before the game was a dead rubber) and the fact that ticket sales for next months Qatar game in Brisbane are going well.

The lack of a stadium is the issue, well the one i was trying to highlight. True they make money off of the average punter but corporate facilities is where the big dollars are at and there are next to none of that at MES

This maybe a case of both of us being right, i was highlighting the lack of facilities as opposed to some town full of bumpkins in Nth QLD.

And untill the state government addresses this, preferably sooner then 2016, crowd figures will be irrelevent in regards to stuff like this
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I hope you're right, but I am a natural skeptic and think we are a long way off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I hope you're right, but I am a natural skeptic and think we are a long way off.
    We are a long way off, i dont see why we bother competing with the east coast, im thankfull that we have some good rugby tests lined up (saffers next year, poms year after that). We only get the saffer games because there is too many of them wandering around Perth. The lack of planning ahead from the previous 2 governments (Court Liberal and Gallop/Carpenter Labor) have sold this state so dreadfully short in most areas it is alarming. No DECENT sports facilities (i would rate only the WACA as world class), hospital system that is the worst in the nation, an airport that is a joke, laws that see cop bashers walk free (truth in sentancing what a load of crap), an education system that is apparently in shambles and yet we are in "boom times"?

Should we not be investing in stuff like infrastructure that will actually pay off for the state in the future, such as attracting Football World Cups or Bledisloe games or other world class events.

Like i said in the first post, WA has all the resources, multi-billion dollar surplus and yet we are a very clear last in everything
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2