Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Grant Rejects Force Bid

vCash
    I wonder if they will inform us of plan c?.......
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    there wasn't a plan b.....
    I think that was way past any plan B fro replacement flyhalf... and still need an experienced hooker, winger, loose forward and utility back... And I pause to point out, aldo an Assistant Coach…. Coach Mitchell has big problems right now.... He has only picked up a prop and a scrum half... and it looking more like JO'C will go now as well... The Force are looking way behind the eight ball now... Why?

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Ethicist View Post
    Yeah Lucas
    He's a quality act at ten but you never see him play 10. he is a real talent
    I agreed he is a kid with talent but I haven't seen him play 10...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think that was way past any plan B fro replacement flyhalf... and still need an experienced hooker, winger, loose forward and utility back... And I pause to point out, aldo an Assistant Coach…. Coach Mitchell has big problems right now.... He has only picked up a prop and a scrum half... and it looking more like JO'C will go now as well... The Force are looking way behind the eight ball now... Why?

skip, some people around here may say you talk a lot of sh*t, but your bang on the money here...

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    skip, some people around here may say you talk a lot of sh*t, but your bang on the money here...
    The problem is slomo you have to wade thru about 2436 sh*t posts to find the good ones.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    fair enough EX... but you can't argue with that statement, were EWF pinning all their hope on grant signing? who will they target now, do they even know? all other franchises seem to be quite active in the transfer market, big name big money signings, or managing to hang on to the talent that they have....

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    This whole situation is a lack of fly-half issue. Nothing to do with anything else. We may need another winger/fullback but we definitely don't need another loose forward and experienced hooker would be handy but not necessary. Talks are happening with a number of back coaches/assistant coaches. None of that is a big deal.

The fly-half situation may be dire but that is simply because the Force did an inadequate job of succession planning where Giteau was concerned which is a mistake that has been made by other clubs before. So no point getting on a high horse. Either one comes along which would be great or one doesn't and we have to dig deep for a season until opportunities arise. I don't think the Force's issues are any deeper than that and certainly not as deep as you suggest.

And who exactly is making big name signings aside from the Brumbies? The Reds and Tahs have retained a few key players but they've lost a fair few too. Don't forget that we have re-signed half a dozen key players and replaced two of the ones we've lost with equal or better players.

It's not the end of the world that Grant has decided to go to France.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It's not the end of the world that Grant has decided to go to France.
    More a sign of the times. The Springbok jersey is what keeps players in ZA. Certainly it is not the exchange rate of the Rand. Grant missed the Bok squad. The European offer was probably worth many times what RugbyWA can offer, even if the A$ is a bit better off then the Rand. If Grant eventually wants to join his folks here he can never be a Wallaby so why not get the Euros first?

Does Jimmy really want to play RWC for Japan? He's our best option IMO and still only 27.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    I think we should abandon the idea of a marquee 10 now. There is simply noone of adequate quality available. There is no point in picking up some has-been that noone wants, who would be doubtful to make JOC stay anyway.

There are 3 fantastic young flyhalves who are not going to get a game at 10 next season in Australia- Matt Toomua, Christian Lealeifano (sp.?)and Ben Lucas (who probably won't get a game at 9 either with Genia's form). Why not nab one of them (Toomua would be my 1st choice) and look at it as a long term plan. If O'Connor wants to leave rather than play with Toomua or Lucas, so be it. Maybe try for a marquee 12 in his stead. But he may just decide he could stay and develop a winning combination with one of them behind what looks like being a very strong forward pack next year.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    More a sign of the times. The Springbok jersey is what keeps players in ZA. Certainly it is not the exchange rate of the Rand. Grant missed the Bok squad. The European offer was probably worth many times what RugbyWA can offer, even if the A$ is a bit better off then the Rand. If Grant eventually wants to join his folks here he can never be a Wallaby so why not get the Euros first?

Does Jimmy really want to play RWC for Japan? He's our best option IMO and still only 27.
    Yes he would be the best option.

The Sharks pulled Tony Brown out of the blue a few years back and he was a part of a change that saw them go from dead last in the last Super 12 to being a losing finalist the year after.

Something will come along.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Bring back Jimmy Hilgendorf!

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    fair enough EX... but you can't argue with that statement, were EWF pinning all their hope on grant signing? who will they target now, do they even know? all other franchises seem to be quite active in the transfer market, big name big money signings, or managing to hang on to the talent that they have....
    Whats with the panic stations? The 2009 Super 14 season has only just ended and we have hung onto some talent.

I read an article that suggested that Lealifano may ask for a release if he is 3rd in the pecking order at the Brumbies.

I'm with Shasta, this is hardly a sign of the Force but a sign of the NH having more money to throw around. Hopefully he doesn't get tired

Also, bring back Jimmy!!

vCash
    Two words : MOVE ON

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prop53 View Post
    Two words : MOVE ON
    prop53 I welcome any post of yours that can provide us with more then 10 words.

Feel free to tell us your opinion.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This whole situation is a lack of fly-half issue. Nothing to do with anything else. We may need another winger/fullback but we definitely don't need another loose forward and experienced hooker would be handy but not necessary. Talks are happening with a number of back coaches/assistant coaches. None of that is a big deal.
    Well I thought that Spanner, Horua and Tai added real value to the Force on the field this season... You can't just fob off their input and say we can get by... With who? ... Junior and Holmes have both gone as well...

I thought Horua's role this year as a bigger man really helped when Brown wasn't available...

It seems like the force haven't made any long-term plans and are now being caught out... THere are some excellent players in the squad for 2010 you'd think that prospects would respect that point...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well I thought that Spanner, Horua and Tai added real value to the Force on the field this season... You can't just fob off their input and say we can get by... With who? ... Junior and Holmes have both gone as well...
    Muddy I agree their contribution has been wonderful, however there are other players who given the oppertunity will rise to the occasion. Horua was on the bench for the majority of the last season, and would have been next season behind our now ALL Wallaby trio. I believe that's why he moved on. However we have Richard Stanford and Sam Wykes, both of which are fully capable of filling his role.

We probably could use another outside back, I agree. However this is an awesome oppertunity for Dane Haylett-Petty to step up and make a name for himself, which I hope he is given the chance to do and do well at.

A hooker is definetly needed but again a local WA boy is going to be given a chance, which is wonderful. Hookers appear to be a little rare across Australia at the moment, but perhaps a Saffa? They have got MILLIONS of the guys over there. Each province has at least 2 good ones. I think... Perhaps we could contract one of them as another marquee player?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast