Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force have injury headaches already

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I read on GAGR that Matt hodgson was injured. Did I miss this news elsewhere?
    Matt is evidently OK - just carrying 15 stitches and will have a new "W" scar on his forehead (obviously a lifetime Forcie).
    Alcock didn't come on as Captain - that honour went to Pek - for all of 8 minutes.

Can't understand why any of this was breaking news at G&GR??????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    :-/ 10 weeks, poor bloke.
    I was very impressed with his commitment. He was right in front of us and could hardly walk yet he still managed to chase down the rebels player after a break and make a tackle. If all the players give that effort we will do ok.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Matt is evidently OK - just carrying 15 stitches and will have a new "W" scar on his forehead (obviously a lifetime Forcie).
    Probably from the behind-the-play belting he copped and everyone except the refs saw.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Noooooo!!!!!

Force dealt new injury blow
    Nick Taylor
    March 1, 2016, 4:02 pm

Western Force injury woes continue to grow with centre Kyle Godwin ruled out for up to eight weeks with a damaged medial collateral ligament.
    He is the latest to join the injury list after hurting his right knee in Saturday's 25-19 Super Rugby loss to Melbourne Rebels at nib Stadium.
    Flanker Chris Alcock is already out for 10 weeks with posterior cruciate ligament damage suffered in the same match while props Tetera Faulkner and Francois van Wyk are still some weeks from returning.
    The loss of Godwin could mean a return for Junior Rasolea or coach Michael Foley could slide fly-half Jono Lance into inside centre with Peter Grant coming into the playmaker role for Saturday's match against the Queensland Reds in Brisbane on Saturday.

Player
    vCash
    Why such a big deal about goodwin. He was shown up by the kiwi Ellison! Hasnt played well for quite a while now.
    Grant will be a good fit for this game as he is into REDS (pinot tho)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    i'd prefer to stick with jono at 10 tbh. really liked what i saw from him, good passing and vision, can tackle, can kick, can plac kick, can take it to the line, is a wannabe wallaby so will want to stick around.

but dunno who i'd put at 12

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Move Tapuai to 12 maybe. Hes played more 12 than 13. Brache or Rasolea to 13.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yeah,probably the way to go,but looks a little like shifting deck chairs on the titanic,though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i'd prefer to stick with jono at 10 tbh. really liked what i saw from him, good passing and vision, can tackle, can kick, can plac kick, can take it to the line, is a wannabe wallaby so will want to stick around.

but dunno who i'd put at 12
    We've been told that both Jono and Grant have been training at both 10 and 12. I would try Jono at 10 and Grant at 12, it gives us 2 kicking options, with the attacker at 10. It might make 12 & 13 pretty similar, with Grant and Taps being fairly much the same size, but they play differently, and it's not like we don't need somebody in the midfield with a bit of vision on when to run straight.

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    of course - Taps. and i thought Brache played the 13 role well last year. assuming he can hold the fricken ball...

lance
    tapui
    brache
    mesewari (sp?)
    Morohan
    DHP.

Senior Player
    vCash
    nah they gotta go with

10. Grant
    12. Lance
    13. Taps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Why such a big deal about goodwin. He was shown up by the kiwi Ellison! Hasnt played well for quite a while now.
    Grant will be a good fit for this game as he is into REDS (pinot tho)
    I agree he hasn't played well - but arguably that's because he spent last season playing one spot too far out. he isnt an outside centre by any means. if he is in the team I think he has to ply 12.

It;s unfortunate he is injured, but the show must go on. Liking the idea of Lance and Grant playing that 10,12 combination. Means we could potentially split the attack. have one pivot on each side of play. Could make the 2nd & 3rd phase play really interesting with a sweeping runner or a switch in play direction. Main thing with this is we need quicker recycling at the breakdown to suck in defenders and create the overlaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I agree he hasn't played well - but arguably that's because he spent last season playing one spot too far out. he isnt an outside centre by any means. if he is in the team I think he has to ply 12.

It;s unfortunate he is injured, but the show must go on. Liking the idea of Lance and Grant playing that 10,12 combination. Means we could potentially split the attack. have one pivot on each side of play. Could make the 2nd & 3rd phase play really interesting with a sweeping runner or a switch in play direction. Main thing with this is we need quicker recycling at the breakdown to suck in defenders and create the overlaps.
    Like all of the above and yes quick recycle could happen if we had Kane Big dog and Hodgo on the Paddock with the messiah feeding the 10.12.13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2