Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I am an Emirates Western Force Member and I support John Mitchell.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    like who?? Ewan McKenzie??? hahhahahhahahhaa

Mitch has my vote. Players...HTFU

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ewan is a great coach. he has outcoached mitch in all three meetings between the tahs and force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    ewan is a great coach. he has outcoached mitch in all three meetings between the tahs and force
    Well played, WJ.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I to support John Mitchell - especially as he was the one who initiated mediation.

Suspect the JM is not a SNAG - but all people involved need to realise it is an ugly world and results count we have the fittest players - we have discovered and nurtured more Wallabies than any other Aus Franchise this year - in spite of Quokkagate, Firepower and the SMH we have achieved.

You want better results then some blood needs to be spilled and some egos bruised.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    I too support John Mitchell.

I suspect all the problems originated from poor handling of player behaviour problems especially the sacking of Matt Henjak, which was taken out of the coaches hands and put into a "process" similar to the one he is now the subject of.

I applaud his effort toward mediation and after things are sorted the team needs a decent bonding session over beers, somewhere well out of the camera's gaze. Burgs, have got somewhere they can set up camp for a weekend?

vCash
    I support more of this:

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    why do you support him? would that support change if they had another high profile coach lined up?
    We've had a fair number of desired players re-sign over this year and last that prove Mitch's coaching style must be pretty damn good. People like Sharpie, Cam Shepherd, David Pocock, Tom Hockings and Ryan Cross all re-signed in 2008 and they've all probably had some pretty good offers from either other Super 14 clubs, European clubs or both. To date player retention has been surprisingly good really with Digby Ioane really the only player I can think of that we tried hard to keep and didn't hold on to (and it seemed to be a very close call) other than probably Matt Giteau.

If you weren't happy with the club or the coach you probably wouldn't re-sign. So if so many players are re-signing things must be at least fairly good. A fair few players have also spoken out saying they had no problem with Mitch. You get the impression it is a small group of players/staff involved with this. Now if you were to pander to their wishes when everyone else seems happy what kind of culture does that set up for the club?

That is why I personally support him. If given the choice there is no coach I'd rather have. I would be lying if I said another high-profile coach wouldn't soften the blow if RugbyWA decided not to keep Mitch though. Eddie Jones and John Connolly excluded.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I will join my name to this list.

I know RugbyWA lurk around here sometimes, so let me say this. I have not renewed my membership yet, tread very carefully in regards to how you treat John Mitchell
    ONYA Jargs!

There's potential there, with your sentiments, for a bumper sticker: (in the "I fish and I vote" genre)

I support John Mitchell (and I haven't renewed my membership yet)

The big question is- how much of this has been blown out of proportion by the muckrakers in the print media?

vCash
    the henjak fiasco made me doubt mitchel. I don't like coaches who appear soft on player discipline. i even wondered if he'd be sacked while watching the last few rounds of last season.

but i hope they retain him now as the last thing we need this close to the season start is management dramas. maybe he can take one on the chin and sort out his problems (what ever they be?)??

EDIT;
    actually i would have expect the force to do better then they did last year with the personnel and money they had. though injuries were an issue. some injuries can just be put down to bad luck, but i think you can coach injury free football physically and mentally. it would be interesting to do some stats on coaches vs player injury record. i wonder if there would be a correlation?

just some thoughts....

Last edited by antiussentiment; 26-12-08 at 07:25.
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    further to 'coaches vs player injury record', I recall hearing something some time ago about the Subiaco surface causing knee injuries in aussie rules players- I wonder if there is a 'players injuries vs ground surface' record correllation...

vCash

good point

Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    further to 'coaches vs player injury record', I recall hearing something some time ago about the Subiaco surface causing knee injuries in aussie rules players- I wonder if there is a 'players injuries vs ground surface' record correllation...
    i'll bet that's a factor too..
    though i bet it's not as hard as magilvray is.. my knees would ache like a bastard after running around on that

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    My understanding was that it wasn't so much the hardness as the type of grass. Back in the day Malthouse decided the Eagles were going to play a fast running game and had them sow couch throughout the field. Trouble was the nature of couch, with the runners grabbing sprigs and the like. But I thought they had eventually decided the cost wasn't worth it and changed it out again.

Rookie
    vCash
    Guys , i think the level of support that you give for the organisation is great and should be praised enormously.

I dont think anyone likes what is going on within the team at all as it makes it extremely hard for the team to have the success we so desperately want on field.

But i think we should keep an open mind as to some of the things going on in the organisation.

If this was an issue of someone being simply a straight talker i dont think that there wold be the kind of internal reaction that there has been. Robbie deans is reportedly the straightest talker in the game and has never had these kind of reactions.

I think we should simply support the force in whatever decision they make that it will be right one. If JM stays on ,fantastic, it means the issues have been sorted , if not then we still support the force.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    hear,hear

vCash
    I can support the Force............from the Pub, from home. I can support the Force without any of my money going directly to them

So if it is more than John Mitchell being a "straight talker" then what is the issue? Joondalup Dave, you seem to get a ROUND a bit
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast