Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force not with Graham - JOHN EALES.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggs View Post
    Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's gone further than that. Hope my point was made.
    You had a point.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Loyalty still is important even in the professional era. RG is well within his rights to change jobs and move to a different team, but the manner in which he did it, showed poor judgment. I don't know the full story, but surely the announcement could have waited another 6 weeks until the end of the season? The fact that he was negotiating with the Reds months ago, probably in 2011, essentially his first year with the Force, really smacks of self-interest and shows a certain disregard for the players and the franchise. What happens if the Reds struggle for the next few years, is he going to change clubs again? Do you really want someone working for you/coaching you that you know is only out for himself?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    What happens if the Reds struggle for the next few years, is he going to change clubs again? Do you really want someone working for you/coaching you that you know is only out for himself?

any change in jobs is a gamble though. he probably really thought that we'd have more wins than losses during his time as coach.

either way it's not our problem anymore. the reds can deal with that

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    In fairness Zed, they said in the interview that the only reason they were announcing it was because the Reds were about to make a statement. As big a stink as has been raised, what would it have been like if they had just let the Reds break the news to everyone?

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Loyalty still is important even in the professional era. RG is well within his rights to change jobs and move to a different team, but the manner in which he did it, showed poor judgment. I don't know the full story, but surely the announcement could have waited another 6 weeks until the end of the season? The fact that he was negotiating with the Reds months ago, probably in 2011, essentially his first year with the Force, really smacks of self-interest and shows a certain disregard for the players and the franchise. What happens if the Reds struggle for the next few years, is he going to change clubs again? Do you really want someone working for you/coaching you that you know is only out for himself?
    I have no problem with him changing jobs, but what was the biggest let down for me was all the cock and bull he kept feeding us about how committed he was to the Force and to developing rugby in WA etc etc while all the time negotiating a move to a rival club. That was what really miffed me.

Hopefully the next coach will be as adept on the rugby field as RG was at media spin and schmoozing.

Looking forward to getting back to NIB on Sat!! Hopefully we'll have the biggest crowd of the season there to show that we really are the best fans in SuperRugby :-))))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2