Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How To Write A Father Of The Bride Wedding Speech?????

vCash
    Badge, I would have a big rethink on the opening statement buddy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I like the opening statement....start with a joke........essentially moving on is optional........you're not the Father of the bride...take the piss at every opportunity!

Seriously Badge. they'll be looking for you to be you...If you've hassled her mercilessly all her life, she'll feel let down if you don't have the odd funny dig during your speech.....just make sure you finish with something heartfelt and 'Aww Shucks' they'll forget the shit you gave them instantly and everyone else'll get a good laugh!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    Badge, I would have a big rethink on the opening statement buddy
    Does said bride have a good sense of humour (and more particualrly a good sense of humour ABOUT THE WEDDING), or is she likely to disembowel you with a cake server for bringing down the tone of "her day"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Does said bride have a good sense of humour (and more particualrly a good sense of humour ABOUT THE WEDDING), or is she likely to disembowel you with a cake server for bringing down the tone of "her day"?

BRIDEZILLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I like the opening statement....start with a joke........essentially moving on is optional........you're not the Father of the bride...take the piss at every opportunity!

Seriously Badge. they'll be looking for you to be you...If you've hassled her mercilessly all her life, she'll feel let down if you don't have the odd funny dig during your speech.....just make sure you finish with something heartfelt and 'Aww Shucks' they'll forget the shit you gave them instantly and everyone else'll get a good laugh!

Cheers mate,

opening of my speal about her.

"Well where to start with Trelawney, I am sure there is very little I could say that would surprise any of you. Well as we all know, Trelawney is a very ‘unique’ person and that’s what makes her the person we all know and love. There was never any doubt that Trelawney would grow to become a very ‘unique’ young lady, I mean looking back if your first words are “BATMAN!” screamed at the top of your lungs shortly before launching yourself from a lounge room chair like a poorly co-ordinated Japanese dive bomber, it really makes you stop and think yep she sure is ‘unique’."

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post

Whilst she is as subtle as dunning in a cake shop, she does have a good sense of humour, I just hope wades family have personalities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckNMaul View Post

BRIDEZILLA
    I would love to say that wasn't an accurate description, but that would be lying and lying is wrong.

vCash
    Try not to make it too embarassing for the poor bride. I can only imagine what I'm going to go through when I get married...

It depends on the bride, I think. Does she like people laughing at her, or with her, or at her Dad?

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I would love to say that wasn't an accurate description, but that would be lying and lying is wrong.
    Nice knowing ya Badge

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Surely the father of the bride should be ripping on the groom? Last one I was at there was a lot of very earnest advice about how it was crucial, absolutely mandatory, that he must always, always get the last word in any argument - so long as those words were "Yes, dear"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Surely the father of the bride should be ripping on the groom? Last one I was at there was a lot of very earnest advice about how it was crucial, absolutely mandatory, that he must always, always get the last word in any argument - so long as those words were "Yes, dear"

Wade is a metro, so i am going to put "i don't feel like i have lost a sister, as much as gained another" for good measure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Anyone else reading this who might be in a similar position as Badger imminently...

NO NO NO !!!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Em-Forcer View Post
    Anyone else reading this who might be in a similar position as Badger imminently...

NO NO NO !!!
    /tears up the draft speech & pours another glass of wine!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    As an MC I quoted Phyllis Dyler, "Never go to bed without resolving an argument...stay up and fight!"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Badge how about some cutie Batman stories and advice for the groom - i.e. how you made her life hell and the possibility that this is why she has chosen such a "Metro" sexual person - obviously a bit more subtle than that!

Wish them well at the end of the speech and don't take any bets on how long the marriage will last at the wedding - "not sure if my aunt is talking to my cousin after his sister's wedding yet!" Cousin did well and assured us all that only allowing 2 beers before the speech worked well.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast