Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tuqiri, Palu & Sharpe return for Tri-Nations Opener

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    im with you on the fullback thing laura. i have faith in deans. but i think aac is going to be ripped to shreds by perc-dog/janjties
    Conrad..doubtful; Percy, definitely not.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post
    Conrad..doubtful; Percy, definitely not.
    really? i rate both of those players over aac. what am i saying? i rate ANYONE over aac...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Why is everyone giving Deans the 'benefit of the doubt', he's continuing to proceed with a few options which are probably not the best idea yet it's fine because he 'knows what he is doing'. Knuckles was a freaking genius as he chose heaps of mediocre players.

vCash
    These are threee articles on Sportal, pey they are different.

Barnes back in the groove. Sportal > Rugby Union > News

Smith proud of achievement. Sportal > Rugby Union > News

Wallabies turn to veteran trio. Sportal > Rugby Union > News

Apprentice
    vCash

Arrow Wallabies need help

Laura sweetheart - Bismarck du Plessis is not playing on Saturday so no need to have your front row protect their eyes - rather keep their eyes wide shut as Schalk is a utility back playing hooker - how is that for a combo of speed.
    Then there is the matter of the referee. What is his nationality again?
    Terry from the Whole force has had a go at me with his fuzzy logic about Kiwi's and Aussies.

Perhaps someone can explain it clearer than Terry my new Aussie friend as he keeps calling me MATE.

Sports Leader Beware the man in the middle - Matt Goddard

Last edited by TonyM; 16-07-08 at 15:15. Reason: TO DROP IN A LINK

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Whos Terry?

Apprentice
    vCash
    Some new that I am having an exchange of thoughts with

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    How can you tell he is from here?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    when you leave a comment over on Sportsleader, it asks for website - could be this?

vCash
    Agreed I prefer AAC at #12; but I think he does have potential at #15 and if Robbie works on him he could be great, tough choice though between him and Drew. Don't doubt Lote, he has stepped up this season and he will be bringing his A game come Saturday. Go the Wallabies.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Palu - he's just a couple of extra kilos of soft meat which will add nothing to this game...hopefully his inadequacies will be exposed early enough and violently enough for Robbie to put this knife back in the drawer sooner rather than later.

(Before you get started on his S14 season Chook and Moses, his inadequacies are that he disappears during games)

Drew on the bench might not be a bad thing....let's face it either Ashley-Cooper ofr Hynes will be expolited this game and Drew is a capable replacement for either (IMHO better than either) could be great super sub value.

Crossy - bench is the best Ryan could expect given that he's competing with the captain for a spot on the field. Stirling will need to put a special performance together before too long or he could find himself swapping. Ryan DOES know what Gits is doing when the magic starts.

The front row is an embarrasment, lightened by the selection (finally) of a promising, capable youngster. at last somebody has recognised that Frier is as much use as a handbrake on a barbed wire canoe!

That's about it from me!

C'mon the

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Honestly, I thought that Deans would be different. I thought he was going to pick on form. I thought it didn't matter what state you played for. Obviously that isn't the case.

There is no explanation for AAC starting over Mitchell. Yeah FB might not be Drew's best position, but he is by far a better option than AAC. Drew was one of the stars in the Super 14 this year. His performance in the handful of games before going down with the injury was outstanding. AAC was average at best. And his performance in the first few tests this year have also been average. But as is always the case...he is the incumbent. And that means until the Wallabies lose, or in the case of our front row ever after a loss, you get to keep your spot, regardless of how bad you are.

vCash
    AAC will have to field a thousand high balls this weekend and then get pounded by Burger. Maybe Deans has put him in 15 to take the punishment early and the let Mitchell run free.

There is no way aac can match the Boks in a kicking duel either. Looks like we could get pinned in our half unless Gits and Barnes work their magic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    Honestly, I thought that Deans would be different. I thought he was going to pick on form. I thought it didn't matter what state you played for. Obviously that isn't the case.

There is no explanation for AAC starting over Mitchell. Yeah FB might not be Drew's best position, but he is by far a better option than AAC. Drew was one of the stars in the Super 14 this year. His performance in the handful of games before going down with the injury was outstanding. AAC was average at best. And his performance in the first few tests this year have also been average. But as is always the case...he is the incumbent. And that means until the Wallabies lose, or in the case of our front row ever after a loss, you get to keep your spot, regardless of how bad you are.
    i agree!! there is absolutely no explanation. aac offers nothing to a game, and dissapoints with everything. when it comes to defense, i think ill just cover my eyes. hopefully robbie will pull him off quickly because he is honestly going to be ripped to pieces by the boks. drew is not a natural fulback, but at least he understands the position. i havent seen much of him recently at fullback, but in defense he is MUCH stronger. i still dont know why robbie put him on the field... dissapointing.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustafsl View Post
    why is this not the case? ..... whether we agree or not, peter hynes was the leading try scoring aussie winger in the s14. burgess was clearly the the best aussie halfback and cross and horwills form picked themselves. even browny and tim tams form forced the selectors to take notice. tpn is the next test hooker when he learns to throw straight. as for the rest, well, they've been proven performers over the years and deserve the chance to lift australian rugby back to the top of international rugby with the infusion of the new players.
    while aac's selection is puzzling, he is solid if unspectacular and gets the position because hes been injury free while shepard's untimely injury and gerrards fall from grace opened the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast