Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ARU threatening disciplinary action against Matt Henjak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    how about we base it on skill? and whos going to benifit the TEAM! the most
    stuff the politics and pick a team on who is playing the best.
    even if there is a clause in every player's contract that can nullify it whenever the ARU wants to.
    hell even make it so if that does happen, any payments recieved in said season must be returned in full.

and IMO cordingley is USELESS~!!!
    Cordingly is a fantastic half - just been dogged by injuries. Age works against him for wallaby selection - but he could continue to get a bench spot for the Wallabies.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    so you would pick a player who isnt going to benifit the team because hes never made a mistake?
    no i didnt say that, im not expecting players to be saints, and i think there would be something weird going on there if they were.

What i dont want playing for the wallabies, is a player who has being in several alleged fights, is constantly making the news for the wrong reasons and who doesnt seem to be doing anything to improve that image.

Henjak is probably on par with a few other halves in australia atm, with all these incidents though he slips right down the pecking order. So its not like the Wallabies would be losing out by selecting a differnet half-back anyway.

vCash
    I'm prepared to make my judgment against on-field performance......that is assuming I have the ability to see Henners against the other Aussie halfbacks!

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Any list of potential Wallaby Scrummies without Hennas, Luke Burgess, Holmes and Will Genia right near the top is coming from a media corrupted viewpoint IMHO.
    Phibbs is a journeyman spare parts player with the odd good match at Club level, Cordingley is roughly the same age as Gregan was at the start of last season and gets more injuries than Bernie, Valentine does nothing, Sheehan (bless his WA socks) does too much and is too aggressive (is that irony???) and Chukka & Kiwi Clarke are a couple of years away.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well all said and done Yak is on form the best in Australia at this time and the right age. Let the ARU help him instead of wanting to crush him. And lets not start another year Yak bashing he was man enough to admit to a problem now lets all get behind him.

vCash
    Well said Tarps come on you Force fans get behind the Yak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarps03 View Post
    well all said and done Yak is on form the best in Australia at this time and the right age. Let the ARU help him instead of wanting to crush him. And lets not start another year Yak bashing he was man enough to admit to a problem now lets all get behind him.
    form halfback??
    Im interested to know how you came to this assumption.. Have you happened to watch all the Australian S14 trial matches, and its a big call considering he has only played 1 trial game.

As for him admitting he has a problem? has he made a statement because the only thing i have heard him say is "no comment". Its one thing to admit you have a problem, its a entirely different thing to act on this problem.

Dont get me wrong, im not a anti-force troll or anything like that, they are actually my second team, though in saying that i do not like any player who is constantly dragging the name of rugby union through the mud.

vCash
    A statement was made by him in the papers that he had a problem yes ?

vCash
    i havent seen any statement by Henjak in regards to this incident..

do you have a link?

vCash
    Nah mate it was a couple of months ago in a pro story, I'm not surprised you missed it!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    form halfback??
    Im interested to know how you came to this assumption.. Have you happened to watch all the Australian S14 trial matches, and its a big call considering he has only played 1 trial game.

As for him admitting he has a problem? has he made a statement because the only thing i have heard him say is "no comment". Its one thing to admit you have a problem, its a entirely different thing to act on this problem.

Dont get me wrong, im not a anti-force troll or anything like that, they are actually my second team, though in saying that i do not like any player who is constantly dragging the name of rugby union through the mud.
    Mate obviously you don't know much about rugby in WA. If the dude doesn't play we will be in serious trouble His understudy still have to run out in Super 14 and to fill the shoes of Henjak will talk a hell of a lot. Remember that they are playing the mighty Sharks in the Shark tank first up. He is one of the best 9's in Australia if not the best. He creates most of the space that Giteau needs and uses. I was watching him practice on Saturday afternoon at Rugby Park and he is really committed. It is a pitty what happened and I hope they deal with him harshly. But to drop him will be a big error because some other club or even League team will pick him up and will be laughing at the rest of us. I would love to hear the full story of what happened on Sunday. I can bet that the newbie looked for trouble or even started the whole thing

See ya

Pieter

vCash
    Good post Pieter, but I'd hardly call Haig a newbie... he was the guy DENIED for the match winning try against the Crusaders in 2006 (playing no 10 from memory) Haig's a foundation member of the team but has had little on-field exposure. I'm not sure that counts for anything, but it's definitely NOT newbie up against old head, if they have an issue, it's had plenty of time to develop!

I just hope it's all a stom in a teacup!

C'mon the

vCash
    I apologize for the word newbie LOL I just did not have a better word to describe him at the time I don't have anything against Haig and I feel sorry for him, but I am just looking at the facts and that is that we need to come back from RSA with at least 2 wins. If we can beat the Sharks we might end up with 3 wins who knows!!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    For what it's worth...

I couldn't believe it when I saw the press release saying that two Force players were involved in an incident. We were trying to guess who it would have been and eliminated Matt Henjak by saying he wouldn't be that stupid. All his ducks were lining up - he had an outstanding season last year and was rapt to hear there was a new Wallaby coach starting with a clean slate. I interviewed him at the Meet the Players day and he seemed very focussed on the season ahead.

Despite some of the earlier postings, I don't think Matt was at the bottom of the list of Number 9s. Far from it. No one has put their hand up and demanded to be picked as a replacement for George. Matt's a good size for a half back and with the green and gold carrot dangling, was set for a huge year.

The Force are in a similar spot as they were in year one - a good first choice backline but not much depth. This was a side relying on some luck from the injury Gods and eveyone performing well.

The fact it was Henjak involved was so disappointing because it was so selfish. If he gets suspended or worse, it will have a huge impact on the team, the season and the fans. Giteau will have to start at 9 - I doubt they'll use Stannard because he lacks experience. That means there's a huge gap at 10. Lachie McKay could take it but he's surely a week by week proposition given his horrendous injury run. Daruda is an option but has failed to fire. Hilgendorf is injured. I don't know who else can shuffle in. What a shame Chris O'Young was so impatient.

So suddenly, we've gone from a world class backline to a makeshift one. One more injury and we're gone.

I feel sorry for John Mitchell and the rest of the side. One stupid act by a bloke who should know better and they're on the back foot from Round 1.

And I don't think we can blame the eastern states press or the ARU for their reaction. They weren't the ones buying the beers.

Let's hope Matt can sort himself out. But whether or not it will be at the Force remains to be seen.

Stuck for a gift idea? Grab a copy of "Full-Contact Sudoku. How four rugby mates finally achieve their dream of playing for Australia." Available at all good bookstores and at http://www.harpercollins.com.au/book..._of/index.aspx

vCash
    nicely said Mick I think there is a lot of people feeling the way you do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast