Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RugbyWA Media Release - re: "Giteau Bombshell"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    OMG.... I wonder if use wool socks?

Or if any of the players actually buy Real Estate.

They better not use any IBM computers to dabble in property development.

Because they wont be able to use any Solicitors for the settlement or get any finance from Investment Banks.

Nor should we as members now complain to the Broadcasting Tribunal and have anything to do with Ecky and any other referee.

We cant eat beef or have children go to hospital.

And last but not least...we cant have anyone playing for the because there is an ex player on the board as well.

Phew....conflicts of interest are a pain in the arse.

Hope a proctologist doesn't join the board.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    JOHN WELBORN was an inaugural player for the Emirates Western Force and is Western Australia's first born and bred Wallaby. John is a chartered accountant and heads up Private Client Activities for Investec Bank. A member of the Fox Sports commentary team, he is also a rugby columnist, and co-host of the Monday afternoon show on ABC radio. John is an executive committee member of the Rugby Union Players Association, and holds directorships of Force 15 Foundation and Future Now Learning for Life.
    He also likes Pina Caladas and getting caught in the rain

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    The following is a few personal thoughts about the Matt Giteau impasse.

Giteau was introduced by the Force CEO to Firepower who was at the time was a key sponsor. Giteau or his agent didn't go and find Firepower they were introduced... its pretty simple. Firepower then paid Giteau’s agent behind Giteau’s back to secure Giteau’s signing. Giteau then singed a deal with the Force and the dubious business partner Firepower trusting the Force and the ARU’s business evaluation of the legitimacy of the third party deal. Giteau signed. Firepower had shared publicly no finical records but were a key sponsor of the force. The then Force CEO Peter O'Meara who later had to resign because of disreputable business practices, pushed the contract through the ARU so the Force could obtain Giteau’s services...O’Meara wanted a marque player who would draw more developing players to his club.

Furthermore Firepower through a Perth office sold 40 million dollars worth of shares through illegal procedures. One of the Rugby WA board members was even was daft enough to buy shares 20 thousand dollars worth of shares, I believe he likely did so to appear as a sympathetic causality to the public.

In essences the force recommended Giteau to do a deal with a company which the board had no idea of their finical records. Which is ridiculous executive management. Take a closer look at the board they appear as first grade business men with the highest credentials why did they not look into their sponsors Firepower’s abilities to pay or did they think it didn’t matter because they would not be held responsible and the third party scam would lure players from all the Australian provinces… They were right it did.

Yes I think Matt Giteau feels like he has been taken advantage of, signed as a 23 year old kid, I would if I was him, many players have signed with the Force because he is there… well I don’t think it will be for there much longer…lies don’t build clubs, the Force needs to clean their house and fix this issue honourably before it damages the club for the long term. Do the right thing, talk to the guy and sign a new contract and put the past behind them or let him go as they did with Scott Fava. Its just smells like corporate trickery.

My point about ET mining is, the same thing is happening behind the scenes with a new sponsor. John Mitchell got paid out last year from Firepower because of his insistence as he realised it was worthless and now he is a board member on of company whose owner was up to his ears in Firepower business… Wake up Western Force supporters keep your club reputable

vCash
    What are 'finical records'?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ohhh Mudskipper.....you may be an amateur journo on the Roar.....but be careful mate...the professionals check out this site.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The following is a few personal thoughts about the Matt Giteau impasse.

Furthermore Firepower through a Perth office sold 40 million dollars worth of shares through illegal procedures. One of the Rugby WA board members was even was daft enough to buy shares 20 thousand dollars worth of shares, I believe he likely did so to appear as a sympathetic causality to the public.

I was under the impression that we were the neurotic ones.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    ohhh Mudskipper.....you may be an amateur journo on the Roar.....but be careful mate...the professionals check out this site.
    I think he's angling for a SMH gig, they don't mind a defamation suit or two on their resume, bit of a badge of "honour"...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The following is a few personal t blah blah blah Wake up Western Force supporters keep your club reputable

Mudskipper whilst it would appear that you are well read it would also appear that your typing is done with one hand and you are just loving the sound of your own written word. I am sorry if you are hoping that Spiro Zavos will tell you that you have written a great article - apparently he is not a member here.

You call yourself a Western Force fan and yet all you do is slang off at the organization and its fans. Anyone can say they have watched every Force match - that is what Foxtel is for.

But you are obviously an expert so feel free to tell us what TWF is doing wrong, oh and dont forget about continuing to criticize the RugbyWA the Western Force the players, the waterboy, you might as well, you are on a roll.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    But you are obviously an expert so feel free to tell us what TWF is doing wrong, oh and dont forget about continuing to criticize the RugbyWA the Western Force the players, the waterboy, you might as well, you are on a roll.
    Hydration attendant, please........

vCash
    No wonder the club is in such bad shape with these under achievers at the helm!

Hasta la vista Pam

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    You're late Bronski, where you been all week???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2