Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Key inclusions for Force

Champion
    vCash
    I personally think RG has lost the plot, I've said it before and will say it again... He picks a team week in week out. It's not the best team for positions, and we have seen it again this week.

Personal tips from the coaches box in the middle of " the shed "

1) chucky not so deep in attack.
    2) forwards run onto the ball with venom
    3) if your tired or can't run out the full 80 let the coach know, u might only be letting down 1 person, there is another 21 players, plus 15,000 fans you won't upset.
    4) don't kick for the sake of kicking.
    5) the canes are on there way home from saffa land there tired, sick and want to get home to the windy city.. Lets pound em first and have them on the back foot early
    6) umbrella defense, any one played rugby in the past would know what I'm talking about.
    7) and last but not least enjoy yourself with a good performance for the fans...

We turnup week on end but sh1t performances can't continue with school boy errors..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Why does he persist with Sheehan? Service is slow, option-taking is poor, had a piss poor game last week... no wonder the backs can't set anything going.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Whats wrong with everyone, all the doom and gloom.

Last year Dellit was our rookie of the year, knocking on the door of fringe wallaby, and this year after one hit out after injury you are all writing him off.

Sidey had a great end to last season, scoring more then a couple of tries, without a genuine playmaker he has struggled but so would one else.

After 30 min off the bench suddenly eveyopne thinks Seymour is the savouir he needs time and experience at this level before you can throw him in the deep end.

Sheehan has mongrrel and thats what we need the right attitude, Turner shows glimpses but he was found out in the Reds trail match, he still needs experience off the bench.

Mafi has played well so far this year, but Sheps when fit is a more experienced campaigner, and we need his booming boot to clear from our own 22, something that has cost us the past two weeks.

I think RG has done well with what we have, we will get better, and lets not forget neither him nor the team are going onto the park to lose, they are going to give it their best so lets get behind them and hear that roar on Friday night.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Fair weather supporters...
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I think RG has done well with what we have, we will get better,.
    Tazz, I agree with all your comments, Paddy & Sidey are good players and stepped up for us last year. I suppose from a member to other members and supporters of the Force. We need and want them to step-up again... (to the next level)

With our draw it must be the most shittest of them all. 1 home game in the first 5 weeks, the season could be written off before we play our next home game after this week.

But I dont agree with your comment that RG has done well with what we have. He has been the coach now for 2 years and has an option to change to his way of play and select who he wants in his squad.. and to me he has chosen alot of RL converts who haven't yet made the cut and his game play is something that my 4 year old son can come up with and write in on the white board with crayons.

Okay last year Chucky was in the #10 jersey as we had no cover in the squad. this year we have Seymour as our selected #10 but we continue to see Chucky in there... why not get involved with rugby around the GLOBE and get a classy #10 in the Force to develop Chucky - Seymour... we saw it last year with the lost of Judas, he said on a number of occasions if we have a classy flyhalf i will develop my game and enjoy my rugby. okay we've lost him for this and maybe many other reasons but how many more players are we going to lose for the sake of players "filling in" or "they'll do" plus continuing to play a game of rugby that isn't winning or developing.

just my 2 cents worth... and i want change !!

vCash
    Benny. How many articles have come out about how graham is searching all over the globe. But most seasons are underway already. So anybody worth a contract is contracted. And teams are not going to want to let a fly half go play somewhere else in the off season and risk injury.

Also JOC made his posistion untenable with his ridiculous demands and his attitude.
    Stannard is our 10 because he is the most experienced fly half we have on the books at the moment, he does allright. He'll keep getting more confidence in himself and bring the team together.

also. There is no way his gameplan is what goes on during te game. No coach could have that much lack of direction and still have the support of his bosses.

Have faith bud
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    I, too, was thinking whether Shep can play 10. In any case, it's great to see him back!

I agree Mafi hasn't done anything wrong, but Shep would be first pick when fit, regardless of the form of the incumbent. Besides, Mafi can cover most of the backs' positions.

Great to see Brown back too - here's hoping he (a) wants to make a big impression and, most importantly (b) pays heed to the ref and stops getting pinged!

Re fly-half: I was some game (Stormers I think?) and Peter Grant was the sub #10 and played the last few minutes. I know we've approached him before, but we could guarantee him the #10 jersey and pretty much 80 minutes each week. I wonder if he's worth talking to again? Maybe he can accept his 'bok chances are slim if he can't even start at #10 in the provinces.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    As heard from Brown Dog yesterday when told he was in the squad "apparently my rehab is over"

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Sheps at 10 .... flyhalf is a high contact area, he gets enough injuries standing at fullback.. how long would he last injury-free with all the bumps and hits at 10?

Senior Player
    vCash
    I am feeling a lot more confident about this one now. We need a good win and can get the season back on track. If we lose this by less than 7 or draw I won't be able to handle it.

Awesome to see Brown, Shepherd and Wykes back in. They will make a huge difference, Wykes was sensational last year. Doesnt Brown normally play 8 and Hodgo 6? McCalman better only be injured for 1 week, we can't afford to get 1 back and then lose 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    As heard from Brown Dog yesterday when told he was in the squad "apparently my rehab is over"
    interesting wording TIF!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Benny. How many articles have come out about how graham is searching all over the globe. But most seasons are underway already. So anybody worth a contract is contracted. And teams are not going to want to let a fly half go play somewhere else in the off season and risk injury.

Also JOC made his posistion untenable with his ridiculous demands and his attitude.
    Stannard is our 10 because he is the most experienced fly half we have on the books at the moment, he does allright. He'll keep getting more confidence in himself and bring the team together.

also. There is no way his gameplan is what goes on during te game. No coach could have that much lack of direction and still have the support of his bosses.

Have faith bud
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Agree with all that Jono.

But fair weather supporters?

Don't start that again.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I am feeling a lot more confident about this one now. We need a good win and can get the season back on track. If we lose this by less than 7 or draw I won't be able to handle it.

Awesome to see Brown, Shepherd and Wykes back in. They will make a huge difference, Wykes was sensational last year. Doesnt Brown normally play 8 and Hodgo 6? McCalman better only be injured for 1 week, we can't afford to get 1 back and then lose 1
    I don't mind McCalman being injured. I have not been that impressed with him in recent Force and Wallaby games. I thought Angus Cottrell was great on Saturday and I'd really like to see Lachie McCaffrey take the field too.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I am lucky enough to have THE ball signed by Shep, Nathan and Tana, also the framed photo collage "Home at Last" ...I won't be there in body but I will be doing all I possibly can to will them getting that ball over the line and through the posts..
    C'Arn the FORCE!
    and fans
    MAKE LOTSA NOISE

No time for "Fairweather Supporters" in this town!

Last edited by hertryk; 08-03-12 at 15:50.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast