Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: G&GRs First Bledisloe Test Player Ratings

vCash
    Regarding Rocky's replacement - seem to remember an interview with Deans where he talked about Brownie being able to cover for 7 and 8 - not 6. He also played 7 for the A's. So I don't think we will see him this week - unless they go for Smith and Waugh in the starting side - although cannot see that happening.

ps - great ratings - I to have to state that after being a Lote doubter - he played spectacularly on the weekend - and looks really dangerous with the ball.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jasper

vCash
    Another outstanding write up gagger, how long until you replace Grumbles?

Just one question, why don't you rate Sharpies performances this year?
    His lineout play is world class, his support play has risen a notch or two and it always takes 3 or 4 guys to tackle him?

vCash
    good write up gagger

what i would change:
    aac not a 8. not outstanding... 6.5 i know im hard to please! he made some very important tackles... hm. ill say 7 then
    hynes was a 5.5 i thought. he took his gifts with grace, but otherwise i barely saw him.
    i saw a few blah burgess moments so i would have said maybe a 7?

good work by the boys though.

Last edited by robyn <3; 28-07-08 at 17:34. Reason: oops

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    hynes a 5.5? he did well to chase and read that ball that tuqiri kicked

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Good stuff again Gagger. An excellent game though I lament the demise of the maul.

15 Adam Ashley-Cooper - Well played this weekend. Overall good performance, seems to be getting his feet at fullback, still afew things to cleanup but dependable as last line of defense. Sheps may have lost his chance. A 7 from me. Gagger's an 8.

14 Peter Hynes - Probably still a little shy playing at the top level. Watching Lote and Sivivatu should give him an idea of a dangerous winger. Would still like to see Mitchell start simply for his unpredicatability. A 5 from me. Gagger's a 6.

13 Ryan Cross, Didn't see him with much ball. Still a little work on defensive lines but otherwise a solid performance though not enough to keep Morts out of starting XV. A 5 from me. Gagger's a 6.

12 Berrick Barnes - Well played again from Barnes. Needs to tack in some of the kicks and have a run down the middle (surprise them). Showing class, hope he stays in the code. An 7, Gagger's an 8.

11 Lote Tuqiri - Love his work rate..can't really fault his game at the moment. Shame he got the sweet body check from Sivivatu otherwise should have been his try..he deserved it. My MOM and a 9 from me. Gagger's an 8.

10 Matt Giteau - Good stuff from Gits however have to review the game to see how Dan got past the middle on quite a few runs. Reminds me of the Force/Crusaders game this year when Dan walked in for a try. On that basis can't give him a nine, an 7. Gagger's a 9.

9 Luke Burgess - Not bad Lukey, good to see he's working on his passing. Good combination of both passing and attacking this time round. Hope this will be consistent, if yes, then he'll be a star. A 7 from me. Gagger's an 8.

8 Wycliff Palu
    - Good solid control at the back of the scrum. Can't recall his runs specifically. A 7 from me. Gagger's an 8.

7 George Smith
    - Can't argue with Gagger on this one and agree without reservation. However an 8 to Gagger's 9.

6 Rocky Elsom - Hopefully he'll be back after his sojourn. Think he's playing his best at the moment and hope slower Europe doesn't hamper his game. Coming onto the ball at good angle and pace (for a forward) and solid enough on defence. A 8 from me to match Gagger's.

5 Nathan Sharpe - Think he had one of his better games this season. Had some bigger runs (by his standards) and is dependable in lineouts. Not as involved in the backline which I think is a good thing and makes him more effective with the fewer balls he gets. Think he got subbed due to a faster game and bigger effort from the man..makes perfect sense to me. A7 from me. Gagger's a 6.

4 James Horwill
    - Good support play has him in the try line plenty. Also good on defence as a presence if nothing else. Think he might get the bench if Vickerman is fit otherwise Vickerman remains on bench, doubt Sharpe will get the tap on the shoulder. A7 to match Gagger's.

3 Al Baxter - Well played from the front row. Not sure if Big Jim's doing anything different or they are simply more comfortable with each other. What ever it is is working..worked against the Boks and now the ABs. A 6 to Gaggers 7.

2 Stephen Moore - Good accuracy in lineouts as Gagger's mentioned and obviously holding scrum well with props. A good honest hooker now needs to have a bit of a run on the wing like all other great hookers. A 6 to match Gagger's.

1 Benn Robinson - Had a little chat with him about nothing during the Perth Test. On that basis and ofcourse what I've already said above will give him a 6 matching Gagger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    aac not a 8. not outstanding... 6.5 i know im hard to please! he made some very important tackles... hm. ill say 7 then
    I would agree when I watched the game originally at the pub but when I watched it at home for a second time I saw the things that Two-Dads did, he was outstanding, very much worth an 8. (he was good in Melbourne as well and did nothing after that so we'll see if the trend continues.)

vCash
    KQ - interesting scores from the other side of the table!

Fair point about LT - what does he have to do to get a 9?! He did come out of the line a couple of times though.

As for Palu, I think the stats from here tell a good story: Full Time 34-19 - The Score - Rugby Union

vCash
    Oh and Robyn, half marks aren't allowed! (too messy)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgoldrugby View Post
    Oh and Robyn, half marks aren't allowed! (too messy)
    oops. sorry... i didnt know

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Unwritten rule 4.3

Use your ESP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2