Thread: Dead Man Walking

Champion
    vCash
    Well said. Except for the Nestor bit

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Apart from the fact we should have rolled the Rabble we've had a tough start to the season.

Brumbies: last season made finals
    Hurricanes: last years minor premiers
    Chiefs: head and shoulders the form team of the comp
    Highlanders: reigning champs
    Reds: beat them as we should have

Given that we are working with a squad that was assembled for up to $2million less than the Brumbies, Reds and Waratahs i think we are going ok. Sure we all want to be undefeated and a genuine title contender but having to start at a disadvantage in terms of recruitment dollars, little to no help from the ARU to establish the Future Force, declining sponsorship dollars and an east coast media driven destabilizing agenda we remain competitive and are still improving on our performances. We have a record number of WA bred talent in and around the squad and have a self funded academy. We may lose a young WA player to another franchise every now and then but so does every team lose talented young players to their rivals. Dwayne Nestor may not be everyones favourite guy but hes committed to the cause and has done the hard yards and has produced some talent. In reality we are not going to produce 10 new Wallabies a year as some expect but the important thing to remember is that the pathway is there and young players are getting the best opportunity afforded to them. Some people blame the board but no one seems to remember these people, except Sinderberry, do not draw a wage from RugbyWA. They are volunteers who are fighting for the Forces survival so we can have professional rugby in this state for which our young players can aspire to. The board is trying to run a business that is quite disadvantaged compared to other franchises and has limited revenue streams from a business model forced upon them by the ARU. Also, all board positions are contestable at the AGMs if you are willing and able.
    Things aren't as bad as some make it out to be. As ive said before most of the complaining comes from the disgruntled few who are looking for a sympathetic ear to feel validation. As ive also said before, if you can do better than put your hand up for a position within RugbyWA.
    Im not saying you do not have a right to an opinion, what im saying is that there is more to the situation than i think you realise.
    Yep I'm hearing ya!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Apart from the fact we should have rolled the Rabble we've had a tough start to the season.

Brumbies: last season made finals
    Hurricanes: last years minor premiers
    Chiefs: head and shoulders the form team of the comp
    Highlanders: reigning champs
    Reds: beat them as we should have

Given that we are working with a squad that was assembled for up to $2million less than the Brumbies, Reds and Waratahs i think we are going ok. Sure we all want to be undefeated and a genuine title contender but having to start at a disadvantage in terms of recruitment dollars, little to no help from the ARU to establish the Future Force, declining sponsorship dollars and an east coast media driven destabilizing agenda we remain competitive and are still improving on our performances. We have a record number of WA bred talent in and around the squad and have a self funded academy. We may lose a young WA player to another franchise every now and then but so does every team lose talented young players to their rivals. Dwayne Nestor may not be everyones favourite guy but hes committed to the cause and has done the hard yards and has produced some talent. In reality we are not going to produce 10 new Wallabies a year as some expect but the important thing to remember is that the pathway is there and young players are getting the best opportunity afforded to them. Some people blame the board but no one seems to remember these people, except Sinderberry, do not draw a wage from RugbyWA. They are volunteers who are fighting for the Forces survival so we can have professional rugby in this state for which our young players can aspire to. The board is trying to run a business that is quite disadvantaged compared to other franchises and has limited revenue streams from a business model forced upon them by the ARU. Also, all board positions are contestable at the AGMs if you are willing and able.
    Things aren't as bad as some make it out to be. As ive said before most of the complaining comes from the disgruntled few who are looking for a sympathetic ear to feel validation. As ive also said before, if you can do better than put your hand up for a position within RugbyWA.
    Im not saying you do not have a right to an opinion, what im saying is that there is more to the situation than i think you realise.
    Nailed it!
    But it's so much easier to:
    Stand on the side line and bitch.
    Or feel hard done by if your kid didn't make and bitch.
    Or just be a bitch.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Nailed it!
    But it's so much easier to:
    Stand on the side line and bitch.
    Or feel hard done by if your kid didn't make and bitch.
    Or just be a bitch.
    Facts are facts! 1 from 5 tells the story. They can't play attacking rugby becoz they have been restrained by head coach who is all about stats! Players had enough especially after being belted in NZ by attacking rugby. Players talk.
    Coaches talk
    It is a result based business, franchise is struggling so the last thing they need is the team to be struggling and unhappy. The team can and should be the shining light but it ain't. So heads must role or we keep providing the same losing image off the field as well as on! Not good.

Player
    vCash
    It seems there are plenty of "yes men" on this forum that are happy for the Force to continue plodding along.

Foley is not up to the job, great set piece coach but not up to being a head coach. Change is needed.

Would people seriously consider keeping Foley if we go 3-13 again?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    When you lose the changing room nothing else matters.
    what do you base this on?

do you have any evidence to support this.

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    what do you base this on?

do you have any evidence to support this.
    The stars are aligning my friend.

vCash
    Well said Kalahard. There are some genuine people who hold a different view, though I often wonder if they are veiwing the Force coaching situation through a club perspective.

Then there are the trolls who mostly appear clueless. They will just feed off a positive post.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The stars are aligning my friend.
    Seriously

Its a fair question.

Everything I see has Foley and Hodgeson and the players on the same page. Is this wrong?

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Seriously

Its a fair question.

Everything I see has Foley and Hodgeson and the players on the same page. Is this wrong?
    Lets wait and see. Tonight will be a good indicator.

vCash
    Name:  2016-04-08_14-37-59.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  75.9 KB

We've played the teams highlighted in YELLOW.

That's 5 teams in the top half of the combined table.
    The toughest start for any of the Aussie teams.

The Rebels have played only the Highlanders (a LOSS).

The Reds have played only the Rebels (a LOSS).

The Waratahs have played and had LOSSES to the Highlanders, Brumbies and Rebels.

Even the Brumbies have only played 3 in the top half for one win (Hurricanes in Round 1)

We've still to play those highlighted in BLUE.
    That means 4 games against the Top half (2 Home & 2 Away) and 5 games against the Bottom half (3H/2A).

I've nothing more to add as I don't loiter around changing rooms.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Facts are facts! 1 from 5 tells the story. They can't play attacking rugby becoz they have been restrained by head coach who is all about stats! Players had enough especially after being belted in NZ by attacking rugby. Players talk.
    Coaches talk
    It is a result based business, franchise is struggling so the last thing they need is the team to be struggling and unhappy. The team can and should be the shining light but it ain't. So heads must role or we keep providing the same losing image off the field as well as on! Not good.
    Did you use stats to have a go at someone who uses stats?!
    Hahahaha! The hypocrisy.
    So any actual solutions or just the standard 'heads must roll' sideline bitching?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Did you use stats to have a go at someone who uses stats?!
    Hahahaha! The hypocrisy.
    So any actual solutions or just the standard 'heads must roll' sideline bitching?
    Settle down. Take a deep breath, Maybe it is the how that is the problem.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    What would Chuck Fearn do?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    What would Chuck Fearn do?
    More than what's happening now.
    That's not saying much.