Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Perth's NRL bid receives backing from rivals the Western Force

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    http://www.watoday.com.au/rugby-leag...214-1t493.html

Funny that the only possibility we have of Aus v NZ here is in RL.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Maybe this will make the ARU get off their arse and do something like give us an All Blacks game...was that just a pig in the sky???

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    A very fair point Coach - I guess what I was trying to do is provide some East Coast insight on a former NRL Player who has now gone on to bigger and better things and is very popular here in Sydney
    Being popular in Sydney doesn't exactly speak volumes about his mental capacity either. Wendell Sailor....Lote Tuqiri.....Andrew Johns......Paul Vautin....they all spring to mind as conclusive evidence to the contrary

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Maybe this will make the ARU get off their arse and do something like give us an All Blacks game...was that just a pig in the sky???

dont blame the ARU on this---the Wa govt(thru Events corp) a couple of years ago refused to help underwrite a bledisloe cup match mooted for here

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Barnett is a god in AFL circles.

He's giving them not one, but two 40, 000 seat plus state of the art stadia, spending a billion WA taxpayer dollars, while square field sports have to put up with a tired 17000 seat/standing room WAFL reject field with no parking, shit facilities, no shade, and no public transport.

He is a conman and a bullshit artist, yet he is feted at Force games as the messiah by RugbyWA.

The halfwit bogans who follow AFL must be pissing themselves laughing at us.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I wouldn't call a bus stop right outside and train stations within walking distance "no public transport".

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Train station next door if you intend to travel to Kalgoorlie or the Eastern States, perhaps.

And a local bus stop, perhaps one bus per hour (peak hours) constitutes public transport for 17000 people?

vCash
    I do agree with most of your post FS

But,

From Google maps:

NiB Stadium - Claisebrook Train Station

750m, 9 minute walk

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Barnett is a god in AFL circles.

He's giving them not one, but two 40, 000 seat plus state of the art stadia, spending a billion WA taxpayer dollars, while square field sports have to put up with a tired 17000 seat/standing room WAFL reject field with no parking, shit facilities, no shade, and no public transport.

He is a conman and a bullshit artist, yet he is feted at Force games as the messiah by RugbyWA.

The halfwit bogans who follow AFL must be pissing themselves laughing at us.
    what time does Mark McGowan come around your place for beers next Fulv?

Honestly, I don't really care about the "lack of" world class facilities at NiB anymore, I get to see the Force nice and close on a square pitch. Quite frankly that's good enough for me. If the posh punters and corp tickets want better facilities on the higher levels of the rugbywa ivory tower - then they can foot the coin for them. I don't eat and the ground and I don't drink at the ground, I don't go there for the facilities, i go there for the game and the team. And apart for the 80mins of rugby every other week I don't use it!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Typical Dragons, wouldn't have that kind of carry on happen with a quality outfit like the Premiers Manly

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Honestly, I don't really care about the "lack of" world class facilities at NiB anymore, I get to see the Force nice and close on a square pitch. Quite frankly that's good enough for me. If the posh punters and corp tickets want better facilities on the higher levels of the rugbywa ivory tower - then they can foot the coin for them. I don't eat and the ground and I don't drink at the ground, I don't go there for the facilities, i go there for the game and the team. And apart for the 80mins of rugby every other week I don't use it!

The player facilities are important too with regards to attracting and retaining talent. With regards to the rest of the stadium there is also the issue that RugbyWA is currently paying for all of that out of their own pocket (the extra tier on the eastern stand, etc are all rented).

vCash
    The stadium upgrade starts at the end of this super rugby season and will be finished before the start of 2013 season

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    The player facilities are important too with regards to attracting and retaining talent. With regards to the rest of the stadium there is also the issue that RugbyWA is currently paying for all of that out of their own pocket (the extra tier on the eastern stand, etc are all rented).
    true, but they now have a world class HQ and training facility, are you sure the grounds change rooms play 'that' much of a part in a players decision at the end of the day? It might do I dunno, my comments are just from my point of view

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Barnett is a god in AFL circles...................

no public transport.........................................

He is a conman and a bullshit artist...............................

...................The halfwit bogans who follow AFL must be pissing themselves laughing at us.
    Well actually Fulvio old chap, as you are no doubt aware, there are 2 stations within just as easy a walk as those "halfwit bogans" enjoy at Subi. Most people use them. We see them every home game. There are quite a lot of stations between NIB and Armadale and Midland too so I doubt many are going home to Kal after the game.

Presumeably they park 'n' Ride or catch a bus to those stations if they want to have a few bevvies. People who live between Applecross and Freo can do the same. Even if Barney Rubble is voted out in favor of the party that builds railways, I doubt they'll build a loop between Freo and Canning Bridge.

RugbyWA, wisely IMHO, see a growing impetus for more improvements if an NRL franchise comes to town no matter which shonky politician trying to steer the ship.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    Train station next door if you intend to travel to Kalgoorlie or the Eastern States, perhaps.

And a local bus stop, perhaps one bus per hour (peak hours) constitutes public transport for 17000 people?
    Not sure if you are trolling or not but there are three close train stations (Claisebrook 850m, East Perth 1.1km and Perth 1.2km). I count routes for at least 14 different buses (that I know of) which during peak hours would send 70 odd buses within 500m of the ground.

What is with perth people and lack of faith in or knowledge of public transport?

coz Stone Cold says so

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast