Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Management

vCash
    I volunteer to be in that demolition team

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    guys im coming up to my third sheet..... so easy when you work in a callcentre

vCash

Tell me I am dreaming

Someone please tell me I am dreaming here right!!! Melbourne didn't even get a bloody S14 franchise and they still got a rectangular stadium just for football and league!!

Australian Stadiums :: Melbourne Rectangular Stadium

There will be three rectangualr codes in perth in atleast 5 years right, so why the hell haven't we got this stadium yet???

I seriously hope the hard work going on out there getting signatures works!!

Well done to all who are getting so many signatures!!

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Sorry pirate, thats been a well known fact for a while. I think it grinds the gears of alot of people round these parts. Shows the differance in governments, you have one over east willing to invest in infrastructure, has built 2 stadiums in under 10 years (when did telstra dome open?) and you have another one here that just wants to sit on a big surplus.

sucks doesnt it

vCash

Boom???

Yeah but isn't WA in a boom period still?? As far as I know Victoria definately isn't bomming like WA, so why the hell do they have all this capital and we don't!!!! I think I will just take it on the chin I guess.

vCash
    Im pretty sure this is why the petition started, because we dont (and i dare say sick of) want to cop it on the chin

vCash

Not what I mean

No iIdidn't mean that; cop it on the chin that the WA government is, unfortunately like the eastern states say, 10 years behind the rest of Australia!!! This state needs to become progressive!!!

Maybe the petition will work, I did freakishly turn on 882AM? on a week ago and hear one of the sport commentators mention a few detals about getting a rectangular stadium in Perth, they were pushing for MES, didn't hear anything about the petition but I only came in half way through the discussion! So word is definately getting out there!!

vCash
    Well, Barra was really positive about the whole shooting match last night when I talked to him.....He basically made my argument for me and said "So Rodney (My name's Rob by the way) what do you think?" After stunned silence for a second all I could say was I agree.

They guys loved the name for the new website, and I've now got that out on the radio, so Hopefully we'll be getting some hits there soon. It's time for more action in the forums over there. If you haven't registered yet, check it out. It'll be a far better place to have these discussions than here. Particularly since I'm hosting all my documentation and argument there rather than here. I'm about to publicise my specific criticisms of the stadium design over there exclusively, so you'll miss some important ammunition if you don't have a look!

Next document is Why the WAFC shouldn't gain management of the stadium (BTW Swee, I found in the report that WAFC were offered MANAGEMENT of the stadium for 5 years under an independent Governance... they rejected it! Then Demetriou stepped in and brokered a deal which they accepted, The details of that deal seem to be srouded in secrecy, I've found no specific statements other than priority tenancy (Which was already assured in the report anyway) I wonder what sort of management/governance restrictions were put in place by Neale Fong the master negotiator....Remember Niel, he's the guy who is able to write his own paycheck and also decide upon his own performance targets!

Did you know that the WAFC petitioned the Taskforce for Controlling membership of the governance board, Management for five years with the mangement contract reverting to the WAFC upon termination of the contract....along with Compensation for losses, A standard management fee and an undisclosed premium on top of that (since they're the most efficient manager in the market)......That's right, If their management contract is voided due to poor perfomance, they get booted out and replaced by....THEMSELVES!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post
    No iIdidn't mean that; cop it on the chin that the WA government is, unfortunately like the eastern states say, 10 years behind the rest of Australia!!! This state needs to become progressive!!!

Maybe the petition will work, I did freakishly turn on 882AM? on a week ago and hear one of the sport commentators mention a few detals about getting a rectangular stadium in Perth, they were pushing for MES, didn't hear anything about the petition but I only came in half way through the discussion! So word is definately getting out there!!
    True Pirate, Like I said Barra is all in favour of it, he asked whether the Town of Vincent has signed the petition yet. I couldn't say anything other than we're having discussions with the TOV, but it might be worth a call!

C'mon the

vCash
    Sorry pirate

It would seem that the government of this state is reactive instead of progressive. Unfortunately the alternative hasn't proven itself enough to the general electorate yet. But election isn't due till 2009

I might have to listen to 882 tonite me thinks

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Even more to come to TWF from 882 soon - details released tonight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    True Pirate, Like I said Barra is all in favour of it, he asked whether the Town of Vincent has signed the petition yet. I couldn't say anything other than we're having discussions with the TOV, but it might be worth a call!
    Haven't had any reply from TOV yet, but looks like it might be time for a follow-up

Last edited by Swee_82; 05-03-08 at 08:44.

vCash
    On the site, or is that a tip to listen to the radio tonight Coach??

vCash
    I'm at work 2night and 2morrow night. But keep up the calls if you can people. Free promotion for the cause.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    On the site, or is that a tip to listen to the radio tonight Coach??
    Not on the radio that I know of - but then again if you listened each night you would have caught GIGS last night.. wonder if we can get a recording?

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast