Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition Management

vCash
    I chat to guy who runs that shop in London Court, he's a good bloke always gives me a discount when i buy stuff there. I can drop a copy off on tuesday after work

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Shoutout to Gigs and Shasta for doing a top job chasing sigs at Carbon last night! Onya Lads!

vCash
    Howd the meeting go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Has anything been left with the Rugby shop in London Court?
    Seems Jargs has that covered and I've dropped of a heap at the CCC - Canterbury shop in City arcade,

vCash
    Meeting was ggod, Much of the talk was ideas for getting sigs and strategy for 'Saders match. I'll start a new thread with match strategy on weneedcorners.com....make sure you register there, I'll use that thread to share the ideas we've come up with so far!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Saw Fulvio at the Perth Bayswater sevens,doing a great job collecting signatures

vCash
    Hi Guys, There's been alot of talk about the WAFC having control of the multipurpose stadium, but I'm trying to find a reference to that effect. In the reccomendations of the statdium taskforce, it says that operating control shoudl be in the hands of the a government appointed authority, and in the press release following discussions with Demitriou last year, it mentions this still. Has anybody spied an annoucement that they would have control, or is that conjecture (however foreseeable that outcome might be)?
    That said, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when i read one of the media articles on the taskforce's website, entitled " All Sports will be "Better-Off" " (I didn't add the italics around "better-off", that is exactly as it was released). It includes the point that "The Fremantle Dockers and West Coast Eagles will have priority access, during the AFL season to the new stadium"- very orwellian- "all sports are equal but some are more equal than others"
    I'm gonna try and do alot of reading up about this- I tried to get my tennis club to put the petition in the bar, but apparently a member of the club was on the stadium taskforce (wasn't there today though), so I'm not getting a very warm reception there Figure I better get up to speed on all the available information before this dude attempts to roast me. The upside is I can probly knock up a few articles once I'm done!

Edit: Top Work Fulvio! Thanks for the update BDGF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Hi Guys, There's been alot of talk about the WAFC having control of the multipurpose stadium, but I'm trying to find a reference to that effect. In the reccomendations of the statdium taskforce, it says that operating control shoudl be in the hands of the a government appointed authority, and in the press release following discussions with Demitriou last year, it mentions this still.
    Really, I got the impression from the Demetriou press release that operating rights was the sticking point for the WAFC. I'm aware that the Recommendations were for independent control, but thought that was dismissed in the negotiations with WAFC.
    Nevertheless, whether the stadium is in independent control, or WAFC control (or even RugbyWA control) having two sports with such disparate needs sharing a facility sets up a win-lose scenario, which cannot be the best solution for our state. The conversion from oval to rectangle surely cannot be performed without damage to the playing surface, even if (as Shasta suggested) they were mounted on large pneumatic tyres. Either Rugby will lose by stands not being moved for weekly matches, or AFL will lose by the damage to the surface.

C'mon the

vCash

Poster

So does anyone want the poster, and do people think we need the other types of posters to make it possible to print b/w and also to attract other code supports?

Let me know. We should be able to get some out Monday if there is a want.

Cheers

I vote - GIVE US A RECTANGLE STADIUM!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unipirate View Post
    So does anyone want the poster, and do people think we need the other types of posters to make it possible to print b/w and also to attract other code supports?

Let me know. We should be able to get some out Monday if there is a want.

Cheers
    I'd like a full size copy of the colour poster (and a non sport-specific one if you can mange it) PM it to me, or email it

Thanks mate!

ps anybody who wants background of the Major Stadia recommendations, the report can be found here

C'mon the

vCash
    Yes please unipirate, will get some to put around Curtin & Murdoch

PM to me please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Really, I got the impression from the Demetriou press release that operating rights was the sticking point for the WAFC. I'm aware that the Recommendations were for independent control, but thought that was dismissed in the negotiations with WAFC.
    Nevertheless, whether the stadium is in independent control, or WAFC control (or even RugbyWA control) having two sports with such disparate needs sharing a facility sets up a win-lose scenario, which cannot be the best solution for our state. The conversion from oval to rectangle surely cannot be performed without damage to the playing surface, even if (as Shasta suggested) they were mounted on large pneumatic tyres. Either Rugby will lose by stands not being moved for weekly matches, or AFL will lose by the damage to the surface.
    Gigs I don't disagree with you, but I don't want to be spouting off that the WAFC have been handed control (in violation of the the taskforce recommendations) if they haven't. I checked some old posts and it looks like the exact wording was:
    The new stadium would be governed by an independent trust appointed by the State to ensure the interests of all sports were maintained, but football would be the priority tenant and have priority access rights.

vCash
    I'll take some or one. If you can email it pm me for address and i'll print some off

vCash
    I've read a few things in the newspapers that said at that meeting between the government, AFL and WAFC, the government had ALLEDGEDLY agreed to so 14 point proposal that included operating rights. The AEL wants to run the stadium itself for 6 months to demonstrate they can do it full time. ALLEDGEDLY of course, the west couldnt or wouldnt confirm it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Shoutout to Gigs and Shasta for doing a top job chasing sigs at Carbon last night! Onya Lads!

You were making a pretty fair fist of it too

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast