Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Joondalup - Premier Grade Pretenders?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    I'm hoping this is the right forum.
    Aside from statements about 30 - 50 players, and other conditions, I was informed recently by a good source at Joondalup RUFC, that the only piece left in the Joondalup Premier grade puzzle was for a second rugby field.

Today Colin Barnett has turned up at the Arena and advised if elected he is putting funds toward number of projects at the Arena - one being the second rugby field.

My source now confirms that this will fulfill the only outstanding commitment needed for entry to Premier Grade in 2014.
    From my recent conversation with a JB he confirmed that there were going to be 2 pitches. I think something about removing some trees and a bank - I was intoxicated, so can't recall the details, but I vaguely remember being reassured by his confidence.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

vCash
    West Perth Football Club - located in Joondalup...

Champion
    vCash
    Dear Colin
    On behalf of all Perth's Rugby Club's could you build us all a new pitch. One of us could give you a run - after all that's where your promises seem to be coming.
    Yours
    Wholetruth

Rookie
    vCash
    I would have thought that a second pitch was not the only requirement. There must be a set of criteria issued by Rugby WA regarding club's financial capacity, ability to field certain numbers of teams etc? Can anyone set out these criteria because its difficult to decipher the commentary on twf without them?

Champion
    vCash
    West Perth Football Club - located in Joondalup...

Been playing there for years but need a place for offices and adminsitration. Been a long running wrangle between the old and new brigade at West Perth apparently

Champion
    vCash
    There must be a set of criteria issued by Rugby WA regarding club's financial capacity, ability to field certain numbers of teams etc?

There is.
    I thought I saw it on this site once or perhaps it was something at RugbyWA. Shouldn't be too hard to get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    There must be a set of criteria issued by Rugby WA regarding club's financial capacity, ability to field certain numbers of teams etc?

There is.
    I thought I saw it on this site once or perhaps it was something at RugbyWA. Shouldn't be too hard to get.
    Yeah someone posted up a list in a thread a few months back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle View Post
    I would have thought that a second pitch was not the only requirement. There must be a set of criteria issued by Rugby WA regarding club's financial capacity, ability to field certain numbers of teams etc? Can anyone set out these criteria because its difficult to decipher the commentary on twf without them?
    The way I read the post I thought it said the second pitch was the only OUTSTANDING requirement. I would assume, numbers of registered players in all divisions and other such like would have been involved and (I assumed from the post) met.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Well they won't have the second field in place by kickoff in 2014 so what happens now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Well they won't have the second field in place by kickoff in 2014 so what happens now?
    They fold and they turn their old clubhouse into a 70s themed roller disco. Players to be sent up North to work camps for reeducation, committee members to be executed. The name 'Joondalup Brothers' to be stricken from the records never to be mentioned again.

vCash
    Seriously how much fun are these guys having? Think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

There is.
    Roy and HG apparently quoted the original conditions scratched on an ancient Thracian Urn, some say Moses Redpath emerged from a burning bush with the criteria inscribed on two granite tablets - I'd love to see the document, as I would think players deciding on their futures would like to know who's peeing into whose pocket.

Senior Player
    vCash
    If I can just go back to that article what amazed me is they wanted to spend $11 million on a basketball stadium? For crying out loud Perth has the most successful basketball team in the history of that competition and I know West Australians are very one eyed about supporting teams that win give rugby a half decent break like the other sporting codes have and watch the game grow in terms of crowd numbers at EWF and kids & adults taking up the game at their local club

Champion
    vCash
    PeterM.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Don't we have a Centre of Basketball Excellence or whatever they call the thing sitting right next to RugbyWA.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast